• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

In the Cave of Adullam

Staff Member
David therefore departed from there and escaped to the cave of Adullam… 1 Samuel 22:1

The title of Psalm 142 reads: “When he was in the cave. A prayer.” David and his men had moved to Adullam when the winter rains began, when life out in the open became miserable. For a couple months, they hunkered down in the damp cavern near the city In Israel, it often rains heavily for three days nonstop, and to David it was like prison (Psalm 142:7).

He had been a much-loved hero of Israel. Now he was vilified, and King Saul and his army were hunting David, seeking to kill him. David had been forced to flee, leaving his wife Michal behind. It was in this context that he poured out his complaint to God. “’You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the loving’” (v5). God was about all David had left. So he looked to Him for help.

David was deeply discouraged, yet he prayed, “When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way” (Psalm 142:3). He knew that God was with him. You, too, can be assured of this (Hebrews 13:5).

Are you going through a similar experience Do you feel hemmed in and trapped, abandoned by God? Look to Him for help. In your darkest moments, He will be right by your side.