• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

I Wonder Why

Loyal
Sometimes I wonder why people pray and ask God, beg God to do things He has already done...Or beg Him not to do things He would never do? Do you wonder the same?
Things like
"Please give us this day our daily bread.....Jehovah Jireh...My provider already does that.

Oh please! Don't lead us into temptation.....James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Do you think Jesus prayed that way? I think not. I believe that Jesus, when He demonstrated to His disciples "You, therefore, pray like this: He prayed a series of statements of faith...Like this:
Our Father which art in heaven

Hallowed be thy name

Thy kingdom come

Thy will be done in earth

as it is in heaven

YOu give us this day our daily bread

And you forgive us our debts

as we forgive our debtors

You lead us not into temptation

but YOU deliver us from evil

For thine is the kingdom

and the power, and the glory

Forever

Every prayer that Jesus ever prayed were statements of faith...Not begging the Father....Should we not do the same?

Amen

Loyal
Thy will be done in earth

as it is in heaven
I wonder why people insist God is in total control of everything that happens on this earth and yet we are instructed to Pray His Will be done here as His Will is done in Heaven.

Has God forgotten things?
Simple sad traditional non sense

Loyal
I wonder why people insist God is in total control of everything that happens on this earth and yet we are instructed to Pray His Will be done here as His Will is done in Heaven.

Has God forgotten things?
Simple sad traditional non sense
Christians believe a lot of things that are not biblical....Satan is such a liar

Loyal
Jas 4:2; You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.

God may know what we want/need in advance, but He wants us to go through the motion of asking for it. If nothing else, it reveals our heart to us.

Christians believe a lot of things that are not biblical....Satan is such a liar
Truer words were never spoken.

Active
This is a strange thread. I get plenty of interference and reasons not to pray already from the world, the flesh, and the devil.

There is nothing wrong in daily dependence upon God for anything. To pray for it is not being a 'beggar'. It is showing dependence upon God.

It doesn't matter that the Lord will accomplish His will. He desires our prayers for it. (Ez. 36-37) "...I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it....I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them;...."

So, I say, pray daily for your food, and give thanks for it. Pray daily for protection from temptation. There is nothing too small to pray for. Is there anything big to the Lord? If that is being a beggar, then a beggar I want to be.

Quantrill

Loyal
This is a strange thread. I get plenty of interference and reasons not to pray already from the world, the flesh, and the devil.

There is nothing wrong in daily dependence upon God for anything. To pray for it is not being a 'beggar'. It is showing dependence upon God.

It doesn't matter that the Lord will accomplish His will. He desires our prayers for it. (Ez. 36-37) "...I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it....I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them;...."

So, I say, pray daily for your food, and give thanks for it. Pray daily for protection from temptation. There is nothing too small to pray for. Is there anything big to the Lord? If that is being a beggar, then a beggar I want to be.

Quantrill
This is a strange post...I wonder if the person read the OP...Probably not....because what he says here doesn't even line up with said OP.....NOBODY said we should not pray. Read the OP and try again.

Active
@Life,
Why not just "thank" God... - acknowledging what He has already done?

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who "HAS" blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

I realize we are not to "worry" about these things, but we are to trust and believe God by faith. We are to "know" in our time of need, if we "trust," we will be provided for - but not according to our lusts. A babe in Christ will ask because they don't understand this walk of faith, but a seasoned Christian, that knows God's word, will understand God is always on time.

Loyal
@Life,
Why not just "thank" God... - acknowledging what He has already done?

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who "HAS" blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

I realize we are not to "worry" about these things, but we are to trust and believe God by faith. We are to "know" in our time of need, if we "trust," we will be provided for - but not according to our lusts. A babe in Christ will ask because they don't understand this walk of faith, but a seasoned Christian, that knows God's word, will understand God is always on time.
If I understand you rightly...you are saying that our prayers should be a series of statements of faith. Am I correct?

Active
This is a strange post...I wonder if the person read the OP...Probably not....because what he says here doesn't even line up with said OP.....NOBODY said we should not pray. Read the OP and try again.
I read the op which is why I said what I did. You are discouraging believers to pray. As though you know the things they should pray for. Perhaps every believer should consult you for what they should pray.

You don't like Jesus Christ's method of prayer. So everyone should follow what you believe the correct method is.

The bottom line is this, who are you to dictate a believers prayer, as to what God hears and doesn't hear.

Perhaps God should consult you as to whether or not He should listen to the prayer of believers. Are you God's counselor ?

Nauseous !

Quantrill

Active
@Bendito,
If I understand you rightly...you are saying that our prayers should be a series of statements of faith. Am I correct?
That is correct... Until a believer learns, they are drinking milk, not understanding how to trust God. The promises under the New Covenant are nothing new, God has been fulfilling man's needs from the beginning, but His desire has always been for man to believe Him. David understood this...

Psalms 23:1
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalms 34:9
O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
Psalms 34:10
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.

Loyal
Sometimes I wonder why people pray and ask God, beg God to do things He has already done...Or beg Him not to do things He would never do? Do you wonder the same?
Things like
"Please give us this day our daily bread.....Jehovah Jireh...My provider already does that.
Brother I know you have a loving heart and want the best for people,

but not all people have food to eat every day, lots of people do not have food to eat every day, the third world countries it is very common for them to not have food for days.

We have it so good over here in the states we sometimes forget about people in the third world countries who struggle just get water to drink or shoes to where.

Loyal
Brother I know you have a loving heart and want the best for people,

but not all people have food to eat every day, lots of people do not have food to eat every day, the third world countries it is very common for them to not have food for days.

We have it so good over here in the states we sometimes forget about people in the third world countries who struggle just get water to drink or shoes to where.
Is that God's choice? God is not in control in the Earth, we are...So who needs to get on the stick...Us? Or God?

Administrator
Staff Member
Is that God's choice? God is not in control in the Earth, we are...So who needs to get on the stick...Us? Or God?
We’re dependent on God and should have compassion on the lost, poor, even forgive enemies. Let God do His thing and we pray for everyone. Jesus prayed for His enemies while dying on the Cross.

All have fallen short. The fall in the Garden of Eden is already done and we’re all affected by it.

Loyal
God is not in control in the Earth, we are.
Was it man or was it God that made Israel a nation in 1948 to fulfill the prophecy in the bible. God is very much in control my dear brother. if he was not how do you account for all the prophecies in the bible that have been fulfilled?

Now I am not taking away that we have responsibility, but God is all Sovereign do you agree?

Proverbs 16:9
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Loyal
If God is not in control, why does scripture say we should trust in him?? we should trust in our self if we are in control, I would rather trust in God.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Psalm 118:8
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.

Administrator
Staff Member
I agree brother @Dave M

Clearly seeing the way the world is, we’re out of control. Not in control. We were given control prior to the fall but now we desperately need God to lead us and help us due to our depravity.

Active
@Life,
God's will is for mature believers (man) to "TRUST" Him, and go forward in whatever way they compassionately set their heart to do for another in His name. If a believer steps out in faith, God will be there to support. No believer can lose if they know God's word and steps out in faith.

1 John 3:17
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

He that knows to do God's will should step out and do it; they don't need to ask. If a believer is a babe in any area of knowledge in Christ, and doesn't have the wisdom to know what should be done in a situation, that believer is wise to acknowledge The Lord, and He will direct the believers path.

Moses was suppose to know God's ways by faith, so when the Children of Israel feared, when they realized Pharaoh was coming after them, Moses acknowledged The Lord. But God told Moses, why are you coming to me? God wanted Moses to trust Him and know He would not allow anything to prevent His word from being fulfilled.

Exodus 14:15
And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
Exodus 14:16
But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.

It's God's will for man to step out in faith going forward and trusting, because Jesus has given the authority back unto man in this world. Jesus represents and represented man in this world to re-establish man's authority over it. The Earth is The Lord's, but the dominion over it is mans.

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.