• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

I Think The word "Church" gives the wrong Affirmation to its Members concerning The Rapture & Eternal Life.

Loyal
Because, there are many who belongs to the Church and not to the "Congregation" of GOD. For the very words of Jesus was: Upon This Rock I will Build "My Congregation" and The Gates of Hades will Not Prevail" For that is a "affirmation"!

World English Bible (Matthew 16).
"I also tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my assembly, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it."
Bishops' Bible of 1568
And I say also vnto thee, that thou art Peter, and vpon this rocke I wyll buylde my congregation: And the gates of hell shall not preuayle agaynst it.

Coverdale Bible of 1535
And I saie to ye: Thou art Peter, & vpo this rocke wil I builde my cogregacion: and ye gates of hell shal not preuayle agaynst it.

Tyndale Bible of 1526
And I saye also vnto the yt thou arte Peter: and apon this rocke I wyll bylde my congregacion. And the gates of hell shall not prevayle ageynst it.

The reason i am saying this is, because it gives many a "False Security" in their view of "Salvation"in church membership, especially if they are good role models to the community. And as many have said: "they are good people".:eyes: They go to church every Sunday!

And i do believe that many who go to Church, think that means they are " in Christ". Meaning, by being a church member and in good standing you are considered "in Christ".
New American Standard Bible (Romans 8)
"Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus."

King James Bible
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." [for now they are church members] and all things are new.

But many have neglected this portion of The Bible:
New American Standard Bible (Romans 8)
"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."
For you cannot join this "congregation" by signing a membership roll or receiving a "right hand of Fellowship". To gain eternal life, you have to be born into it. Then works of all kinds follow, after you become a New Creature, "Born of GOD". Just because you name is written on a church roll down, Here does not mean your name is "written in "The BOOK of Life" in Heaven that was recorded before the "Foundations" of The Cosmos".

So that is my case. It gives many a false since of Security pretaining to "salvation".