• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

I think i blasphemed the Holy Spirit! Please help!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I know what Matthew 12:31-32 says about the unpardonable sin. It's to speak against the Holy Spirit. I feel that I've done that. I've done it in my head. Demons would influence me to blaspheme and i would hear blasphemous thoughts. I've called God horiible names that i regret. I wish i hadn't entertained the Thought of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I wish i hadnt done it. Everyday i feel condemned on this. I've called God a demon and said this against the Holy Spirit. I now want a real relationship with God but feel that it's impossible for me. I'm too lazy to repent but also I'm not encouraged and fully enlightened on what to repent from. I want to recognize conviction. Please help. What does the Holy Spirit tell you on this? Did i blaspheme the Holy Spirit? I ask this because i can't hear from God directly and that only God can deternine if one has commited this sin. I also hear that it's very difficult to commit. Please help and pray for me.

Loyal
unless you say with with your lips with hate in your heart I think the devil is tricking you, if you are worried about thoughts rememebr the devil can shoots darts into our mind and give us thoughts,

Active
Seek out an older and wiser Christian and ask them to pray with you.

In the meantime keep reading and praying with the Psalms. Read them slowly and out loud.

Or one of the Gospels. See if you can find characters there that you identify with and note how Jesus responds to them.

My personal feeling is that the distress you are feeling is a very clear indicator that you are in no way lost to God.

Seek out an older and wiser Christian and ask them to pray with you.

In the meantime keep reading and praying with the Psalms. Read them slowly and out loud.

Or one of the Gospels. See if you can find characters there that you identify with and note how Jesus responds to them.

My personal feeling is that the distress you are feeling is a very clear indicator that you are in no way lost to God.
Did God tell you that? You know, the last sentence?

I know what Matthew 12:31-32 says about the unpardonable sin. It's to speak against the Holy Spirit. I feel that I've done that. I've done it in my head. Demons would influence me to blaspheme and i would hear blasphemous thoughts. I've called God horiible names that i regret. I wish i hadn't entertained the Thought of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I wish i hadnt done it. Everyday i feel condemned on this. I've called God a demon and said this against the Holy Spirit. I now want a real relationship with God but feel that it's impossible for me. I'm too lazy to repent but also I'm not encouraged and fully enlightened on what to repent from. I want to recognize conviction. Please help. What does the Holy Spirit tell you on this? Did i blaspheme the Holy Spirit? I ask this because i can't hear from God directly and that only God can deternine if one has commited this sin. I also hear that it's very difficult to commit. Please help and pray for me.
I also want to add that I've willfully thought things against the Holy Spirit..

Active
I wrote it as a personal opinion, so no I'm not claiming it's the authoritative word of God. That doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Suppose somehow you could get infallible assurance that God accepts you as a treasured child and welcomes you to his kingdom. What would you do?

I wrote it as a personal opinion, so no I'm not claiming it's the authoritative word of God. That doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Suppose somehow you could get infallible assurance that God accepts you as a treasured child and welcomes you to his kingdom. What would you do?
I would be honored if i had infallible assurance that i was a child of God! :smile:

Active
The thing is, God lovingly created each one of us to live in harmony with him in his care. You know the story of the lost son.

If you surrender to God and turn to him, he will lift you up and restore you. And you will know peace with him.

The thing is, God lovingly created each one of us to live in harmony with him in his care. You know the story of the lost son.

If you surrender to God and turn to him, he will lift you up and restore you. And you will know peace with him.
What do you mean? What's your point?

Active
My point is that freedom lies in submitting to God.

You tell us you have thought and said terrible things about the holy spirit.

So now you have a decision. Will you live by those blasphemous thoughts, or will you turn to God as Lord of all?

Repentance is a momentous thing, but it's also simple. The lost son simply said to himself 'i'm going back home' and started walking.

For this, I love Psalm 51.

Hey Briana N,

Don't worry. There is no sin that God's mercy cannot cover up. Let's take a look at Psalm 103:8-12

"The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

If you read the verses further, you will find this being said in even more powerful words. The Bible uses the phrase "east to west". Let me explain that to you– We know where the North and South poles are, they are the points of reference when North or South is mentioned. However, there is no East or West. It is always relative to where we are and which direction we are pointing at. What this means is that, since the Earth is round, East to West can literally mean infinity. He forgives our sin no matter how big they are, even bigger than what we can comprehend!

You can be rest assured that God does not hate you, he never has. Our Father is LOVE, he is big enough to create the universe but yet small enough to listen to us and watch over us as if there's only one of us. In the Bible, our LORD Jesus Christ forgave people just for feeling guilty and realising that they were wrong. The mere fact that you feel sorry is enough for God to forgive you. Go right ahead and talk to him, say you didn't know what you were doing but you know he is so great to forgive all sins no matter how big they are, and get your relationship reinstated with him. The only basis that God judges us is by sin, once we repent and ask for his forgiveness, we become members of his family.

As for your doubt, the Bible says–
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." – John 3:16

Do note that it does not say "whoever believes in him AND has not committed the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit".

According to my knowledge, I think blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is what non-believers do. The Holy Spirit convicts them of sin and keeps trying to get them to repent, but they never listen to it's call and in the end, they end up in hell as there is no forgiveness for them. They associate the wonders of God to demons (idols, images, theories) and not acknowledge him for it. That is blasphemy.

Have a great day! Stop worrying, prayer is power. God heals us when we spend time with him.
If you kneel before God while praying, he does wonders in your life, do try it if you don't already. =)

Staff Member
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.

Lamentations 3: 22-24

Greetings @Briana N

You have had some good responses so I won't add much.

Remember the devil, that sneaky liar and thief of our peace loves to cause unbelief and confusion.
When doubts and fears come start singing and praising the Lord.

When I was younger for a period of time I was terrified I had committed the unforgivable sin.
The more I condemned myself the more bad thoughts kept jumping into my head
At the point of being totally undone by this and crying out for help the Lord intervened in an amazing way.......

I turned on my radio* and a hymn was playing.........Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father, There is no shadow of doubting with Thee.
That was comforting but the bad thoughts kept invading. Another hymn followed......Now I belong to Jesus, Jesus belongs to me, Not for the years of time alone but for eternity.

Those words of truth and peace have stayed with me through the years in times of fears and doubt.

Start singing and praising.........the joy of the Lord is your strength.

* The radio was from the UK's BBC Radio 2 and the program Sunday Half Hour presented by Roger Royle. I tuned in for hymns regularly after that.........what a blessing. Praise the Lord.

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.

Lamentations 3: 22-24

Greetings @Briana N

You have had some good responses so I won't add much.

Remember the devil, that sneaky liar and thief of our peace loves to cause unbelief and confusion.
When doubts and fears come start singing and praising the Lord.

When I was younger for a period of time I was terrified I had committed the unforgivable sin.
The more I condemned myself the more bad thoughts kept jumping into my head
At the point of being totally undone by this and crying out for help the Lord intervened in an amazing way.......

I turned on my radio* and a hymn was playing.........Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father, There is no shadow of doubting with Thee.
That was comforting but the bad thoughts kept invading. Another hymn followed......Now I belong to Jesus, Jesus belongs to me, Not for the years of time alone but for eternity.

Those words of truth and peace have stayed with me through the years in times of fears and doubt.

Start singing and praising.........the joy of the Lord is your strength.

* The radio was from the UK's BBC Radio 2 and the program Sunday Half Hour presented by Roger Royle. I tuned in for hymns regularly after that.........what a blessing. Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord! That's amazing.