• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I tell you the truth

“I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber……The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:1-10

These are Jesus’ own words. He is referring to the devil as a thief. This thief does not come to your house in the front door. Unlike Jesus who knocks on your door and waits until you open the door and let Him in, the thief does not knock on your door. Instead, he tries to find some other way of entering your house, may be the window.

My house has a lot of windows. I like it because the house is always bright. But the downside of having so many windows is that there are that many ways a thief can break-in. So, when we had the security system installed for the house, we had to ask for a sensor on each of those windows so that the alarm will sound if anyone tries to break-in. In the same way we all need to secure all the windows of our spiritual house because Jesus tells us that the thief uses not the door but the window.

In explaining how to secure one of these windows the Bible says
“Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” Eph 4:26-27.

What does the sun have to do with our anger? Nothing. But the point is that you should settle your anger the same day before the sun sets. Bitterness and unforgiving spirit towards one another give the devil a window of opportunity to get a foothold in your life.

Dictionary.com defines foothold as…. a firm or secure position that provides a base for further advancement….

That is exactly what the devil is looking for in our lives as he is prowling around us looking for someone to devour.
“Do not give the devil a foothold.” Eph 4:27

Very good writing Abigya!!:star:

The thief (the devil) comes in so many ways that we must be very cautious.

Yes bitterness is one of his main devices, but we can also be caught unaware at times with friends through idle conversation (which could lead to pollution of our minds). Then there are lies, murmurings, fornication etc.

I agree with you totally and encourage everyone to pray and watch so that you may not enter into temptation. Above all be wise!

God Bless.

An excellent exhortation abigya. We have to 'resist the devil' at all times. The bible says that when we do resist, he runs away.

abigya, I have read this and I must say....Amen! Eph 4:26, 27 is a verse I need to remember every day. From talking to other christians, I have found that some do not struggle hard with forgiveness. I....have always struggled with it.

Yours Truly,
Dreamer

God bless you all,

Dreamer
i must say I was straggling with the same problem,
Every day I would end up finding my self bitter towards my work mate and the people I serve God with, in a choir group.

I thank God now that he has thought me how to forgive
One day I found my self very angry with a girl in my church worship group and I went home and started praying, when I pray God told me this “YOU GIVE WHAT YOU RECEIVE FROM ME”

Oh! That was my day
From that day on I try to receive mercy, love, blessings, grace……. Every day from God as much as I can
Because I now know if I don’t receive this things from him I will not be able to give to some one else.

Christian life is a matter of receiving from God and giving to people around us.

Glory be to God who is our source of every thing.

(I hope you will find it helpful)

In Christ
abigya