• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I simply love to repair

"How could I not look sad when the city where my ancestors are buried lies in ruins, and its gates have been eaten out by fire?" -Nehemiah 2:3

Nehemiah was noticeably sad because Jerusalem and its walls needed major repairs. Those promoting devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus have repeatedly emphasized the need for reparation, that is, repairing a world broken and shattered by sin. We hear a lot today about brokenness, broken hearts, and shattered lives. If we really care, we should be concerned about repairing what has been broken.

Of course, we are quite concerned about repairing some things. We want our cars, appliances, and houses repaired. However, these repairs take up so much of our time, energy, and resources that we are not too concerned about repairing God's Church and His people (see Hg 1:2-4). This situation shows that we need to simplify our lives greatly. The more possessions we have, the more we have to repair. The more things we have to repair, the less time we may give to repairing God's Church.

If we truly love God and His people, we will be in the repair business. We will be doing penance to repair the effects of sin. To do repairs for God, we must simplify our lives. Therefore, if we simplify, we show our love for the brokenhearted and for the Lord of the brokenhearted (see Ps 34:19). Simplify; repair; love.

Prayer: Father, grace me to renew and repair Your Church, as St. Teresa and St. Francis did. May I be a "repairer of the breach" and a "restorer of ruined homesteads" (Is 58:12).

Promise:
"Jesus said to him, 'The foxes have lairs, the birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.' To another He said, 'Come after Me.' " -Lk 9:58-59

Praise:
After being accused of a crime in the Philippines, St. Lawrence fled his homeland. He ultimately laid down his life for Jesus in martyrdom in Nagasaki, Japan.

((((((Taken from: One Body, One Bread)))))

If we truly love God and His people, we will be in the repair business. We will be doing penance to repair the effects of sin. To do repairs for God, we must simplify our lives. Therefore, if we simplify, we show our love for the brokenhearted and for the Lord of the brokenhearted (see Ps 34:19). Simplify; repair; love.

Yes, indeed dear friend.

We live for Jesus every day..............