• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

I need help finding out who was Jezabel and what made her a bad leader

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I need help finding out who was Jezabel and what made her a bad leader and I also wan't to know who was Peter and what mad him a good leader?
The reason why I ask this, because I need help with minister class work but I hope I get a chance from this fourm to help me out a bit. PLZ HELP ME!:omg:

Hey Stylez, what I can find is that the story of Jezebel is in the books of Kings and she is also mentioned in Revelation. Jesus made it clear in Revelation why she is a bad leader etc.

Revelation 2:19-21
19I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. 20Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling.

Click on this link and do a keyword search for Peter, see which Scripture you would like to use to explain his character, being a humble fisherman etc.

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 50 versions and 35 languages.

God bless you
Much love
teraside

What made Jezebel a bad leader is she was wicked. She was the wife of king Ahab of Israel and she led him to worship false gods. They did not honor God and refused to repent.

The reference in Revelation is not that the church at Thyatira tolerated queen Jezebel (wife of Ahab) but that they tolerate the same kind of person, one who calls themselves "spiritual" but lead others to sin by calling good, evil and evil, good ( like many do today), and worship other things (gods, man made idols, and everything else that anyone would worship), and dishonor the one true living God.

Peter, on the other hand, was a great leader because he had known personally the effect of God's love, grace, mercy and POWER and wanted to honor God in all his ways. When he spoke, he spoke with a passion that comes from knowing Jesus and he spoke truth. His heart and mind were pure before God and he honored his Lord and we benefit from his "leadership" even to this day.

I need help finding out who was Jezabel and what made her a bad leader and I also wan't to know who was Peter and what mad him a good leader?
The reason why I ask this, because I need help with minister class work but I hope I get a chance from this fourm to help me out a bit. PLZ HELP ME!:omg:

Dear Brother. Why in the world would you need help about such? All that you require in such matters, can be found in the scriptures.............Why ask infallable man? When the 'authority' is there in His word.

Dear Brother. Why in the world would you need help about such? All that you require in such matters, can be found in the scriptures.............Why ask infallable man? When the 'authority' is there in His word.
Don't worry I think im getting what im doing

Re: I need help finding out...........

First of all, I suggest you get a more modern Bible translation than the King James. The King James can be confusing sometimes because the English language of 2007 is a lot different than the English language of 1610 (when the King James was first published).

Secondly, you can learn about Jezebel from First Kings chapters 16 & 17. To learn about Peter, study the gospels, especially the Gospel of John.

SLE

Stephen, your words are true...we can find our all answers in God's word....but some times our fellow brothers and sisters need a bit of direction as SLE gave.

Keep up your encouragement!

well im not always good at reading the bible i forget and sometimes i don't always don't always explain the scrips:embarasse

Hey Stylez4Christ,
don't be discouraged, remember to live one day at the time. It really helps me to have a specific time to read Gods word every day, for me mornings work better, in no time you will be in the habitt and will not easily forget.

Also it might help to get a Bible with some commentary to help you understand some of the parts of the Bible. A good Bible is the NIV Life Application Bible, of course there are others and you could check them out at your local christian store.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

Stephen, your words are true...we can find our all answers in God's word....but some times our fellow brothers and sisters need a bit of direction as SLE gave.

Keep up your encouragement!

Thankyou for your correction brother. To which I submit. Forgive me stylez I did not intend to offend.