• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I Love Spring!

Administrator
Staff Member
I Love Spring! - March 24, 2007

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved Spring. Of course, living in the north-east portion of the United States at the time allowed me to experience the diversity of the seasons in all their glory!

At the house I grew up in was several lilac trees which, at the onset of Spring, gave off the most delightful perfume which scented our entire front yard. Likewise, new sprouts of brilliant green grass would also fill the air with such a clean and fresh aroma!

In our back yard was a pond and creek. How exciting it was to see frogs, grasshoppers and butterflies return to their mossy home after the cold of winter, and to hear the trickle of the creek water splash over the rocks!

I recall thinking how everything seemed so clean, fresh and new in Spring: a time of new life!

Did you know that God, through His great love and mercy, can provide His children a rebirth and renewal of His own?

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior..." -Titus 3:4-6

That's right, my dear friend! When we accept Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as our Lord and Savior, and denounce the past effect of sin in our life, God so completely spiritually cleanses us that our slate is literally washed pure and clean: we are new creations!

"...let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Hebrew 10:22-23

Prayer: "Dear God, I know I've done some bad things in my life that have hurt You, myself and others. I am ready to set the past aside, and to begin anew. I believe You sent your Son to die for me on the cross for my sins, and that through His resurrection I may have eternal life. Wash me clean of my sins, God, and create in me a new heart. This I ask in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen."

Contributed by Melanie Schurr (Copyright (c)2005 Melanie Schurr) Melanie Schurr is author of "Ecstatic Living: A Christian marriage manual and Life-guide", "Son Salutations" and "Daily Contemplations", a collection of read-one-a-day modern inspirations.
For more information, visit www.MelanieSchurr.com