• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

I like to read/watch different fantasy themes, like angels v. Demons, light v. Dark, good v. Evil, and so on.
I like watching heroes fight really messed up looking monsters, like in Black Clover.
I also like learning about different mythological creatures, like wendigos, the Jersey Devil, la chupacabra, etc, and I have no problem seeing these creatures in full HD.
Does this make me any less of a Christian than people who claim that these things bother the Holy Spirit? Is there something wrong with me?

Active
Hi Spazz,

My gut reaction to Q's like this, is that the Christian faith is not about rules and regs. If you like rules and regs, get yourself down to the local mosque or synagogue and they'll fix you up with a nice long rule book. In fact Christianity isn't really a religion at all, not even a faith; it's a relationship with the creator of Heaven and Earth. If you know God, you'll love Him and if you really love Him you'll want to seek his pleasure and avoid at all costs His displeasure. If you read Colossians 3:1-11 that might help.

Obviously there's things that God hates, others that's likely to be neutral and more that He loves. If you're genuinely unsure, ask God directly rather than the likes of me and all the other guys in here - what do we know?

Hope that helps.

Staff Member
Does this make me any less of a Christian than people who claim that these things bother the Holy Spirit?

@Spazz Don't worry what people say.....What does the Bible say?

Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne*

*From Hymn "Take my Life" - Frances Havergal
[/TD]