• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

I have no idea what a lot christians means when they say you have to seek the Holy Spirit it is puzzling

Loyal
I am for real, some christians will say; You seek the holy spirit. One christian told me when he "summons" the holy spirit. I wonder, some times i wonder in the past they might have been into voodoo, hoodoo, witchcraft. Summons, seek out, having "holding their hands in air speaking in "glossolalia",
honestly it makes me leery, i get very uncomfortable.:eyes:

Why would anyone "seek' or summons" "The Paraclete" you know The other "Advocate" that lives in them.:eyes: who is there always. Not sometimes, but in them always. And when a "child of GOD' needs comfort, The Paraclete will provide comfort when needed. The Paraclete is always doing its JOB and never dormant. The Paraclete is always at work in "The Child of GOD". And some christians will declare, The Paraclete said this, and The Paraclete told me that. I do not question it, but sometimes. "like when someone would tell you "the Holy Spirit" told me to tell you. In your mind, you be thinking that does not match. And The "PARACLETE" is living in you:eyes: And the Paraclete is never dormant in you. And some people will make arguments. And you Know you have The Other "ADVOCATE" living in you "The PARAKETOS".

You be listen to them and wondering, and you cannot figure it out, why are they saying stuff like this, You need counseling, you need to talk to someone. you need The Holy Spirit Or wait on The Holy SPIRIT. they be talking worldly stuff and mix with religious genre.

Everyone Knows when "The PARACLETOS" comes and live in them. You cannot ignore The Living
"ADVOCATE" Living in you. How great can it be to have 2 ADVOCATES and One LIVING IN YOU and He is never dormant. But always beside you. And HE never leaves you along until you have sex with a unauthorized partner and He will not dwell in an unclean person. And then He will be absent, and i do not know how he does that but HE will Not dwell in a unclean person and once commit the act of "FORNICATION or ADULTERY" He will not dwell in you! I do care how many HAIL MARY! you sing HE is gone! He will not dwell in a unclean vessel. Once you touch that inside canal, He is gone faster than a Lightening BOLT. that fellowship with GOD and JESUS is BROKEN that quick! And it is not easy to get back,

English Revised Version
Know ye not that your bodies are members of Christ? shall I then take away the members of Christ, and make them members of a harlot? God forbid.
If she is not your wife, guess what she is and i do not care how many Choirs she sing in.

I bet you are not going hear that preach on a SUNDAY Morning. Talking about i found my soul mate. you right :eyes: you found him alright.

Last edited:
I am for real, some christians will say; You seek the holy spirit. One christian told me when he "summons" the holy spirit. I wonder, some times i wonder in the past they might have been into voodoo, hoodoo, witchcraft. Summons, seek out, having "holding their hands in air speaking in "glossolalia",
honestly it makes me leery, i get very uncomfortable.:eyes:

Why would anyone "seek' or summons" "The Paraclete" you know The other "Advocate" that lives in them.:eyes: who is there always. Not sometimes, but in them always. And when a "child of GOD' needs comfort, The Paraclete will provide comfort when needed. The Paraclete is always doing its JOB and never dormant. The Paraclete is always at work in "The Child of GOD". And some christians will declare, The Paraclete said this, and The Paraclete told me that. I do not question it, but sometimes. "like when someone would tell you "the Holy Spirit" told me to tell you. In your mind, you be thinking that does not match. And The "PARACLETE" is living in you:eyes: And the Paraclete is never dormant in you. And some people will make arguments. And you Know you have The Other "ADVOCATE" living in you "The PARAKETOS".

You be listen to them and wondering, and you cannot figure it out, why are they saying stuff like this, You need counseling, you need to talk to someone. you need The Holy Spirit Or wait on The Holy SPIRIT. they be talking worldly stuff and mix with religious genre.

Everyone Knows when "The PARACLETOS" comes and live in them. You cannot ignore The Living
"ADVOCATE" Living in you. How great can it be to have 2 ADVOCATES and One LIVING IN YOU and He is never dormant. But always beside you. And HE never leaves you along until you have sex with a unauthorized partner and He will not dwell in an unclean person. And then He will be absent, and i do not know how he does that but HE will Not dwell in a unclean person and once commit the act of "FORNICATION or ADULTERY" He will not dwell in you! I do care how many HAIL MARY! you sing HE is gone! He will not dwell in a unclean vessel. Once you touch that inside canal, He is gone faster than a Lightening BOLT. that fellowship with GOD and JESUS is BROKEN that quick! And it is not easy to get back,

English Revised Version
Know ye not that your bodies are members of Christ? shall I then take away the members of Christ, and make them members of a harlot? God forbid.
If she is not your wife, guess what she is and i do not care how many Choirs she sing in.

I bet you are not going hear that preach on a SUNDAY Morning. Talking about i found my soul mate. you right :eyes: you found him alright.
Greeting
Yes I see your point
if I may
Reading from the (NKJV)

Isaiah 55:1-3 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.
Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you-- The sure mercies of David.

This is a call, an invitation, free of charge

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

This call is time to seek him because time is short

Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
This is him saying call me, not by any man, but by faith

How?
Romans 10:10
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me.
This is as you are seeking him, be prepared to answer Him

In Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
Then the answer to you praying as a call or a private call in solitude and depends on the way your heart is
Everything is a choice

The Key is in Love
Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Luke 10:27 So he answered and said, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.' "

And no I don't hear, any voices just my heart, I study

Loyal
What do you see as the purpose of the Holy Spirit and how do you perceive the working of the Holy Spirit within you? As you say... for real. A tree is seen by its fruit, and what is the Fruit of the Holy Spirit working in you? Or if your question was rhetorical, merely giving yourself a chance to preach on it, then ignore this post.

Loyal
Greeting
Yes I see your point
if I may
Reading from the (NKJV)

Isaiah 55:1-3 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.
Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you-- The sure mercies of David.

This is a call, an invitation, free of charge

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

This call is time to seek him because time is short

Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
This is him saying call me, not by any man, but by faith

How?
Romans 10:10
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with Me.

This is as you are seeking him, be prepared to answer Him

In Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
Then the answer to you praying as a call or a private call in solitude and depends on the way your heart is
Everything is a choice

The Key is in Love
Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Luke 10:27 So he answered and said, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.' "

And no I don't hear, any voices just my heart, I study
I fully understand you point of a call to SALVATION an EVANGELISTIC call or a come back home message.. My address was not a "EVANGELISTIC" one in no way at all, It had nothing to do with excepting Jesus and about coming to GOD or repenting returning back messages it was Just a "simple Sheep" feeding.
It was a "SHEEP" feeding and not a "Lambs" one. thats all it was. and nothing for the new convert. or "Evangelistic" no teaching, no instructions just a little milky grass.
Jesus replied, “Feed My lambs.
Jesus said: "Feed my Sheep"
Jesus said: "feed my Sheep"

PS "And do not LORD over MY Flock" :eyes: and they are not your SHEEP they are Mines, just in case you forget!:eyes: If you feed them junk, I am going to tep that hiney Them are My Sheep! you are just a feeder. And you feed what I tell you to feed them. {and any time you feel like offering strange Fire go over there and see what i did to "NADAB & ABIHU":eyes: Now try to improve the meal if you want too! But, you but right, try me!:sob:

You see when "GOD" loves you , HE will treat you like a son.:pensive::sob::sob: [The FATHER]...You feel like you know more than me:sob: try me.:sob: It is nothing like the Commune with "The FATHER":pensive: The fear of The LORD is THE Beginning of Wisdom.:pensive: "LORD Teach me The Fear of The LORD"

What do you see as the purpose of the Holy Spirit and how do you perceive the working of the Holy Spirit within you? As you say... for real. A tree is seen by its fruit, and what is the Fruit of the Holy Spirit working in you? Or if your question was rhetorical, merely giving yourself a chance to preach on it, then ignore this post.
Greeting Brad Huber
if you are asking me
It depends on the individual if the Holy Spirit can work within a person or not, it is more of your own fruit the type of person you are, and how far you can go, then the Holy Spirit see how you respond to Him and can depart the gifts of the Holy Spirit, remember depends on what He chooses, nor I, nor you, but Him

For anyone to respond, is now you ask a question to the child of the Lord
In 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear
I must respond in meekness, with love The individual responds with the fruit of the spirit intemperance you must endure offense

In Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The word Meekness kindness, they are called the firstfruits, longsuffering is the word, and no I don’t preach I just act

I fully understand you point of a call to SALVATION an EVANGELISTIC call or a come back home message.. My address was not a "EVANGELISTIC" one in no way at all, It had nothing to do with excepting Jesus and about coming to GOD or repenting returning back messages it was Just a "simple Sheep" feeding.
It was a "SHEEP" feeding and not a "Lambs" one. thats all it was. and nothing for the new convert. or "Evangelistic" no teaching, no instructions just a little milky grass.
Jesus replied, “Feed My lambs.
Jesus said: "Feed my Sheep"
Jesus said: "feed my Sheep"

PS "And do not LORD over MY Flock" :eyes: and they are not your SHEEP they are Mines, just in case you forget!:eyes: If you feed them junk, I am going to tep that hiney Them are My Sheep! you are just a feeder. And you feed what I tell you to feed them. {and any time you feel like offering strange Fire go over there and see what i did to "NADAB & ABIHU":eyes: Now try to improve the meal if you want too! But, you but right, try me!:sob:

You see when "GOD" loves you , HE will treat you like a son.:pensive::sob::sob: [The FATHER]...You feel like you know more than me:sob: try me.:sob: It is nothing like the Commune with "The FATHER":pensive: The fear of The LORD is THE Beginning of Wisdom.:pensive: "LORD Teach me The Fear of The LORD"

Loyal
I take this seriously , the things that pertaining to "GOD" who is my FATHER.:pensive: So please do not view me hard because i do not act like a christian. For i am not. "For I am a "Child of the LIVING "GOD" and I walk like one.:pensive: And I let it be known where ever i am at. if ask the path i walk.

For these words of The BOOK and more than just mere words to me and I try my best to Press on and Hit The MARK.of "GOD" for He is my]our] "FATHER" and i try to please HIM, all the time. and I know HIS commands are not given unto me to hurt me. and they have nothing to do with the life on this earth.:pensive:For it is all about "THE MANIFESTATION of THE GLORY that will be revealed and Manifested in [us]me.:pensive: How can I ignore HIM for He i s My [our]FATHER.
(Colossians 3)ASV
"If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth. For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be MANIFESTED IN GLORY."

For i have tasted the "ANTHROPOMORPHIC" BEATIFIC VISION and walked the Streets of GOLD in The New Heavenly JERUSALEM that was made in HEAVEN by GOD.

I have beheld a taste of "What eyes have not seen, nor what have come into the ears of man, or enter into the heart of mankind" and nothing on earth can take the bounce out of my step yet. if many only knew. just a taste.

I have no color, and my citizenship is in a "far away" land for i am only a "pilgrim" traveling through a barren land.:pensive: In a land i do not belong.

Loyal
The purpose of the "PARACLETE" who is the Other ADVOCATE" is exactly what it does and if "Comfort is needed when Needed you do not have to ask for it, it steps right in and automatically does what it is suppose to do. Church leaders has mess up millions down through the years. And leadership has started going backwards in a free fall. Placing honor among them selves.

I take this seriously , the things that pertaining to "GOD" who is my FATHER.:pensive: So please do not view me hard because i do not act like a christian. For i am not. "For I am a "Child of the LIVING "GOD" and I walk like one.:pensive: And I let it be known where ever i am at. if ask the path i walk.

For these words of The BOOK and more than just mere words to me and I try my best to Press on and Hit The MARK.of "GOD" for He is my]our] "FATHER" and i try to please HIM, all the time. and I know HIS commands are not given unto me to hurt me. and they have nothing to do with the life on this earth.:pensive:For it is all about "THE MANIFESTATION of THE GLORY that will be revealed and Manifested in [us]me.:pensive: How can I ignore HIM for He i s My [our]FATHER.
(Colossians 3)ASV
"If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth. For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be MANIFESTED IN GLORY."

For i have tasted the "ANTHROPOMORPHIC" BEATIFIC VISION and walked the Streets of GOLD in The New Heavenly JERUSALEM that was made in HEAVEN by GOD.

I have beheld a taste of "What eyes have not seen, nor what have come into the ears of man, or enter into the heart of mankind" and nothing on earth can take the bounce out of my step yet. if many only knew. just a taste.

I have no color, and my citizenship is in a "far away" land for i am only a "pilgrim" traveling through a barren land.:pensive: In a land i do not belong.
I suppose you have a point, your words are overwhelming colorful, you sound like one crying out in the wilderness, are you, Jeremiah - lamentation

Loyal
The purpose of the "PARACLETE" who is the Other ADVOCATE" is exactly what it does and if "Comfort is needed when Needed you do not have to ask for it, it steps right in and automatically does what it is suppose to do. Church leaders has mess up millions down through the years. And leadership has started going backwards in a free fall. Placing honor among them selves.
John 14: 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

(Our Helper who being the Spirit of Truth, is willing to lead us to truth if we are willing to listen)

Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear
The name of the Lord from the west,
And His glory from the rising of the sun;
When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

(The Spirit stands with us against those who would attack us with words or deeds, and indeed even a tidal wave of such, will not break us, for when the Lord is for us, who can be against us)

Isaiah 63:10,14
10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them
14 As a beast goes down into the valley,
And the Spirit of the Lord causes him to rest,

(We can grieve, sadden, even anger the Holy Spirit)
(when we refuse to obey the voice of the Holy Spirit, it grieves the Holy Spirit sometimes causing the anger of the Lord to be applied to us)
(when we need rest, the Holy Spirit helps us attain it, when we are not getting the rest we need, apply the sentence above)

Micah 2:6,7
“Do not prattle,” you say to those who prophesy.
So they shall not prophesy to you;
They shall not return insult for insult.
7 You who are named the house of Jacob:
“Is the Spirit of the Lord restricted?

(the Holy Spirit of God does not just reside in those who consider themselves wiser than others in spiritual matters, be humble for the Lord chooses the weak and the downtrodden to shame those wise in their own eyes)

Zech: 4:6&7

So he answered and said to me:

“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts.
7 ‘Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!

And he shall bring forth the capstone
With shouts of “Grace, grace to it

(The Holy Spirit is more powerful than anything man can cobble together, He can open chasms in the earth and drop armies into them, He can take those proud as a mountain and bring them down to their knees, He can make virgins give birth, He can make Himself visible or vocal if He so desires Matt 3:16,17, He can give us directions to walk or run Matt 4:1 and He can help a human utter words that have never before been recognized as the Word of God BECOME the Word of God per every true prophecy. Prophecy from some may fail, but any truly prophetic Holy Spirit inspired Word is the WORD OF GOD, aka Jesus's words Mark 13:11. God's gifts are NOT dead, only those wise in their own eyes consider it so, so that they can spout scripture like the devil and so deceive listeners)

John 6:45,46 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father

(The Holy Spirit teaches us IF we are willing to listen. And the Holy Spirit turns us to Jesus to honor Him, not just His words to be used as weapons, but with the humility and servanthood of Christ)

2 Cor 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

(those that mostly use the letters we find in scripture use it as a sword, and sometimes the Lord wants that sword used, but the Lords main purpose is to give us true life, and that life come from the Spirit!!)

And last of all....

Mark 3:28-30
28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

Active
We are told to seek ... seeking is what we should be doing...

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
The Word of God tells us what the Kingdom of God is.
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Loyal
In response to the thread subject. If I'm understanding it correctly. We do not call upon the Holy Spirit. He convicts us of our sins and we accept or reject salvation. We do not ask for spiritual gifts , the Holy Spirit gives them to the believer as He sees fit. He also gives us inner peace that we didn't have before. And once He has come to indwell ,He won't leave. But He also changes our inner desires. There will be a positive inner change that others should be able to notice.

Loyal
John 14: 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

(Our Helper who being the Spirit of Truth, is willing to lead us to truth if we are willing to listen)

Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear
The name of the Lord from the west,
And His glory from the rising of the sun;
When the enemy comes in like a flood,
The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

(The Spirit stands with us against those who would attack us with words or deeds, and indeed even a tidal wave of such, will not break us, for when the Lord is for us, who can be against us)

Isaiah 63:10,14
10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them
14 As a beast goes down into the valley,
And the Spirit of the Lord causes him to rest,

(We can grieve, sadden, even anger the Holy Spirit)
(when we refuse to obey the voice of the Holy Spirit, it grieves the Holy Spirit sometimes causing the anger of the Lord to be applied to us)
(when we need rest, the Holy Spirit helps us attain it, when we are not getting the rest we need, apply the sentence above)

Micah 2:6,7
“Do not prattle,” you say to those who prophesy.
So they shall not prophesy to you;
They shall not return insult for insult.
7 You who are named the house of Jacob:
“Is the Spirit of the Lord restricted?

(the Holy Spirit of God does not just reside in those who consider themselves wiser than others in spiritual matters, be humble for the Lord chooses the weak and the downtrodden to shame those wise in their own eyes)

Zech: 4:6&7

So he answered and said to me:

“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts.
7 ‘Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!

And he shall bring forth the capstone
With shouts of “Grace, grace to it

(The Holy Spirit is more powerful than anything man can cobble together, He can open chasms in the earth and drop armies into them, He can take those proud as a mountain and bring them down to their knees, He can make virgins give birth, He can make Himself visible or vocal if He so desires Matt 3:16,17, He can give us directions to walk or run Matt 4:1 and He can help a human utter words that have never before been recognized as the Word of God BECOME the Word of God per every true prophecy. Prophecy from some may fail, but any truly prophetic Holy Spirit inspired Word is the WORD OF GOD, aka Jesus's words Mark 13:11. God's gifts are NOT dead, only those wise in their own eyes consider it so, so that they can spout scripture like the devil and so deceive listeners)

John 6:45,46 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father

(The Holy Spirit teaches us IF we are willing to listen. And the Holy Spirit turns us to Jesus to honor Him, not just His words to be used as weapons, but with the humility and servanthood of Christ)

2 Cor 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

(those that mostly use the letters we find in scripture use it as a sword, and sometimes the Lord wants that sword used, but the Lords main purpose is to give us true life, and that life come from the Spirit!!)

And last of all....

Mark 3:28-30
28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”
ok, i have read the BOOK hundreds of times straight threw.

Loyal
ok, i have read the BOOK hundreds of times straight threw.
Ahh, I missed your initial point, that we dont "summon" Him. Very true. But it was a good exercise to put the info down I did. The use of the Holy Spirit is vital to the victorious christian life. I just read your thread title and answered. It was,
I have no idea what a lot christians means when they say you have to seek the Holy Spirit it is puzzling. Seeking the Holy Spirit is mostly seeking the advise of God through prayer, and eagerly awaiting for the response from the Holy Spirit. Thats what I always understood it to mean.

Loyal
Ahh, I missed your initial point, that we dont "summon" Him. Very true. But it was a good exercise to put the info down I did. The use of the Holy Spirit is vital to the victorious christian life. I just read your thread title and answered. It was,
I have no idea what a lot christians means when they say you have to seek the Holy Spirit it is puzzling. Seeking the Holy Spirit is mostly seeking the advise of God through prayer, and eagerly awaiting for the response from the Holy Spirit. Thats what I always understood it to mean.
Try this when need the "Paraclete" use the word The Paraclete and when you need the office and services of the Advocate use the word advocate. in your walk with GOD! And please do not say, the words mean the same thing, so it does mean what word you use. By express your thought in the direction operation of the 2nd ADVOCATE You have a better understanding what you are dealing with. and you focus better with understand the operations that you are engaging in.

Try it . God does not want us to operate in blank minds The Paraclete is intelligent Third part of "The TRIUNE GOD" learn how to use the Identifiers

And remember if you are looking up a biblical word do not take a few definitions and then run off and say i got i got i got the definition,

Satan is the prince of this world, and do think he does not put a little leaven in definitions, dictionaries belongs to him. He rules grammar and languages/

That is why we always mention "Etymology" always "EXHAUST" definitions. like "PARACLETE" take your time maybe a month and viewing definitions. If you had a "ISBE" hardcopy and you turn the definition for "The HOLY SPIRIT" it is about 3 to 5 pages long. it might take you a couple of days to learn what The definition of the "HOLY SPIRIT" and you might get disappointed and refuse to study the definition of "THE HOLY SPIRIT" and out right refused to read what the is The HOLY SPIRIT of GOD IS.

But rather go back and prefer the "Pentecostal" one minute definition.:eyes:

Last edited: