• Welcome to Talk Jesus

    A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

    Register Log In

I have a problem. My wife doesn't believe in God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Member
Before we got married I asked her if she believed in God and she said that she did. Now I find out that she is looking into witchcraft or a form of it. I love her but I can not take it.:moon:
 
Member
Jimmy you must begin to pray and seek God on her behalf.
A lot of work, time consuming, and many tears, but in prayer is
found the strength to endure, and the power to overcome for every child of God!
God made men the spiritual leader in their homes, and if you want your wife to
be a christian, show her the appealing attributes of Christ thru your own strength found in prayer and in your personal walk with Christ. I will pray for you both.
Phi 1:19 For I know that this shall turn out to my salvation, through your supplication and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;


Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer

Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Act 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

1Jo 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;


1Th 5:17
Pray without ceasing.

 
Member
You are right. But when I want to talk to her about God and Jesus she shuts me off and says "that is your own interpretation". I try to get books or tape programs for her but she just don't want to find out the truth. I believe because of the miracles that has happened in my life. God has not shown his self to her. I keep praying.
Thank You
 
Member
jimmy said:
You are right. But when I want to talk to her about God and Jesus she shuts me off and says "that is your own interpretation". I try to get books or tape programs for her but she just don't want to find out the truth. I believe because of the miracles that has happened in my life. God has not shown his self to her. I keep praying.
Thank You
Jimmy the best weapon that you have is prayer. 2 Corinthians 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
Your words are not what is gonna get through to her. It will be the way in which you conduct yourself and the way in which you react to her. I would strongly recommend that you do some looking into Spiritual Warfare, I do not believe that this will be an easy one, what I can tell you is that the battle has already been won. Hallelujiah! Thank You Jesus! Keep the Faith, stay strong in the word and petition in prayer. Keep in close contact with fellow Christians.And also realize that it likely will not be from you that she gets Salvation, but it certainly will be because of your faith and prayers. I also will pray for you brother! God Bless this child of yours and help him arrest the strongholds against his wife. In Jesus name Amen!
Yours in Him!:rose:
God Bless,Love, Peace and Prayers,
 
Member
Love her! Charish her!

Go to church anyway! and invite her every time you go...
Take your kids... and don't condemn her when she refusses to go.
do not beg her either, just go. invite saved married couples over to hang out...Not to witness... that will happen Naturally.

Pray alot!

And be laid back about you faith! be matter of fact about it...

The sky is blue the sun is bright and Jesus is Lord...
Don't forse the issue or it will drive her away... Your faith is superior, know it, and let her see it by your peace... Freaking out will only make her respect Jesus less...

Just BE Jesus... Relax and have a good sense of humor about life.

Over all be True to your faith, dont mock hers, just casually point out its flaws when she talks about it... Do not get upset!

My wife, just repented 4 days ago, so I know what you are up against...Relax in Jesus... Relax in Jesus... Relax in Jesus.


----The TRUTH WILL PREVAIL!-----
 
Member
Newman, that is great advice. Praise God on your wife's salvation!!!

I would also like to add that you can always pray a hedge of protection around your family & home so any form of witchcraft cannot come in. You are the spiritual authority in your home...satan has to recognize that God given authority.
 
Member
Sapphire said:
Newman, that is great advice. Praise God on your wife's salvation!!!

I would also like to add that you can always pray a hedge of protection around your family & home so any form of witchcraft cannot come in. You are the spiritual authority in your home...satan has to recognize that God given authority.
That was so good to hear from you. I got the Jesus bumps, because that was the same plan that I had. In my life whenever I have a big problem I will pray. Then I will have feelings. I then have to deside were the feelings are coming from (me, Chirst or satan). If I don't know then I wait for a sign. You are that sign.

Thank You
 
Member
Sapphire said:
Newman, that is great advice. Praise God on your wife's salvation!!!

I would also like to add that you can always pray a hedge of protection around your family & home so any form of witchcraft cannot come in. You are the spiritual authority in your home...satan has to recognize that God given authority.
You know I didn't even think about that. Thank You so much.
 
Member
queenannie said:
This is good advice you've received--just pray and love your wife and love God and keep the faith--because if God is on your side, who can harm you? Or your wife?

Paul said these things, too, which might ease your heart some and help you have patient faith:

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
--1 Corinthians 7:12-15 KJV
That verse fits very well.

thank you
 
Member
Jimmy, I am so grateful what I said was confirmation for you. God is so totally awesome!!! I would like to share something else that just further shows how He works the details & how much this site is annointed by Him.

My life has seen many troubles & difficulties. I've learned much from the paths I have taken & have many many testimonies I can give. However, I have recently begun to doubt that I should share anything or offer anything in the way of encouragement for fear of it coming back to haunt me or being taken the wrong way.

As I was able to offer something (by obeying what God told me to do) helpful to you, you have just done the same to me. Your words have shown me that God is sending me a gentle message that I am to tread on & do what I know in my heart He wants me to do. Thank you & praise God!!!
 
Member
Sapphire said:
Jimmy, I am so grateful what I said was confirmation for you. God is so totally awesome!!! I would like to share something else that just further shows how He works the details & how much this site is annointed by Him.

My life has seen many troubles & difficulties. I've learned much from the paths I have taken & have many many testimonies I can give. However, I have recently begun to doubt that I should share anything or offer anything in the way of encouragement for fear of it coming back to haunt me or being taken the wrong way.

As I was able to offer something (by obeying what God told me to do) helpful to you, you have just done the same to me. Your words have shown me that God is sending me a gentle message that I am to tread on & do what I know in my heart He wants me to do. Thank you & praise God!!!
One thing that I learned in life is that God uses people to get what he wants. Alot of the time we are his messengers. I went through alot in my life and I asked God why? What I found out is that I could handle it and because of my experiences I can help someone else.


God Bless
 
Member
Sapphire gave you good advice .The LORD told me ,if a man would get on his knees and pray with HIS family ,take them to church ,and read the bible with them .HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING ELSE in that mans life .
 
Member
keep praying.

just to encourage you, all the replies you recieved were really good. My husband and i were not saved when we got married, we went to church, well i went to church. Then i got saved and started to pray for him. He got saved 3 years later. That was 18 years ago. Last fall he became a pastor. God is faithful. Remember He is not a respector of persons.


Alabaster Box

:rainbow: :messenger :rainbow:
 
Administrator
Staff Member
Jimmy..everyone has given you true sincere and genuine Holy Spirit inspired advice! God bless you and your family. You received the responses well and I know one day your wife will be saved. I'm no forecastor, but by the many awesome stories of faith in GOD and GOD's faithfulness in us, it all seems well.

I will pray for you also.
 
Member
I Peter 3: 1-11

Jimmy,

I certainly agree with all of the above responses.

I Peter 3: 1-11 speaks on the matter of unbelieving spouses. I think it is very inspirational and helpful as it furthers the guidance of all of those who believe: "...let him seek peace and ensue it." I Peter 3: 11.

BTW, do you know the particular reason for not believing? Was she ever disappointed in prayer, was she indoctrinated by a home of unbelievers, did she have a negative experience with a church, have no church experience at all, is of another faith, find fault with you because of your beliefs, or simply can not reason with it?

Let the Word be your guide,:thumbs_up

CQ
 
Member
Hi Jimmy,

you said your wife was researching witchcraft, do you mean Wicca? Because if you do then there is no need to go about building spiritual hedges around your house, there is no Devil in the Craft. Maybe go to your wife with an openmind and speak to her about why she is interested in Wicca. If you can meet her on her own term, you are far more likely to be able to talk without fighting.

Like other people have said, don't force your faith on her, she has her own life and can choose to believe what she wants, regardless of your opinion on the matter. Coming over aggressivly will only lead to conflict and discourse.

-Alandra
 
Member
I agree

I agree that you should ask questions about what and why. be open tto the discussion. But I must ask are you a living testimony to Gods plan? Are you a Christian truly following him? His leadership and plan for your life? Or have you taken a step towards Sodom? Alcohol, smoking, music, movies are you watching what you are doing? Are you a good example or are you just telling her but your actions are not. I do not say this to upset anyone just that i know this thru my own failures that i gave the old "do as I say not as I do". And this is where the distrust of Christians come from in the outside world.. Good Luck I am Praying for you... God Bless.
 
Member
NewMan said:
Love her! Charish her!

Go to church anyway! and invite her every time you go...
Take your kids... and don't condemn her when she refusses to go.
do not beg her either, just go. invite saved married couples over to hang out...Not to witness... that will happen Naturally.

Pray alot!

And be laid back about you faith! be matter of fact about it...

The sky is blue the sun is bright and Jesus is Lord...
Don't forse the issue or it will drive her away... Your faith is superior, know it, and let her see it by your peace... Freaking out will only make her respect Jesus less...

Just BE Jesus... Relax and have a good sense of humor about life.

Over all be True to your faith, dont mock hers, just casually point out its flaws when she talks about it... Do not get upset!

My wife, just repented 4 days ago, so I know what you are up against...Relax in Jesus... Relax in Jesus... Relax in Jesus.


----The TRUTH WILL PREVAIL!-----
AMEN NEWMAN!!!!!!!!

Welcome your wife to family of God!:love:
Luk 15:10 There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents!

"The sky is blue the sun is bright and Jesus is Lord!" :shade:
 

Similar threads


Top