I don’t think I’m saved

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I’ve just been a Christian for a month or two and last week I came across this bible verse saying that you have to carry your cross to be a disciple of Jesus. I asked a few Christians on the internet what that means and they all say that it means you have to be willing to DIE for Jesus to be saved. That totally shook me up so I tried to ask more people and tell them how I feel, but they all say either: well you don’t love Jesus enough, If you aren’t willing to die you’re not a true Christian, I will die for Jesus. Personally I know why people are willing to die but I just don’t see the point. Would not be BETTER to fight, try to escape or call for help than be honest with your faith and die? That got me more confused than ever, I feel like the only “Christian” on this planet who don’t see the point in dying for Jesus and I think I’m going to hell. I would appreciate some advice for this. Thank you all.

Loyal Member
first century christian often fled persecution and so spread the word of God. The thing about dying for Jesus is that its a great witness to those around that we take our faith seriously, but we arent to make that our object, for its better to live for Jesus for as long as we are on this earth. Some people who live for Jesus will NEVER die, but will be transformed in the blink of an eye into our heavenly bodies.

Staff member
Greetings @Saitamadasenseigonnawin

Welcome to Talk Jesus

It is wonderful news you have recently been saved..

Taking up your cross is about dying to self. ... being willing to commit your whole life to the Lord, to crucify self and selfish desires.

Keep praying, praising and studying the Word.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalm 119:105

I’ve just been a Christian for a month or two and last week I came across this bible verse saying that you have to carry your cross to be a disciple of Jesus. I asked a few Christians on the internet what that means and they all say that it means you have to be willing to DIE for Jesus to be saved. That totally shook me up so I tried to ask more people and tell them how I feel, but they all say either: well you don’t love Jesus enough, If you aren’t willing to die you’re not a true Christian, I will die for Jesus. Personally I know why people are willing to die but I just don’t see the point. Would not be BETTER to fight, try to escape or call for help than be honest with your faith and die? That got me more confused than ever, I feel like the only “Christian” on this planet who don’t see the point in dying for Jesus and I think I’m going to hell. I would appreciate some advice for this. Thank you all.

no you do not have to die for Jesus - most Christians are all mixed up in their Christianity - you don't have to die for Jesus but to live for Him for He died for you

Last edited by a moderator: