• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Humble

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

kenny77 said:
Who was the most Humble person in the bible?
and in which book in the scriptures did you get it from?
Moses was the most humble person in the bible. From the book of Numbers chapter 12 verse 3.

Thankyou

Now who wrote Numbers? MOSES!

Moses is saying that he himself is the most humble man in the world, i think in our human minds thats a NO NO and seems very self righteousness, as if we said that people would laugh.
However its made me rethink wot the word humble means, i think the devil has highjacked some of these precious words an twisted them, just like he has with music Some people think humility is to be low and walked over etc
i now think humility is a total reverence and fear of the lord if you have that then everything else falls into place.

your thoughts

kenny77 said:
Thankyou

Now who wrote Numbers? MOSES!

Moses is saying that he himself is the most humble man in the world, i think in our human minds thats a NO NO and seems very self righteousness, as if we said that people would laugh.
However its made me rethink wot the word humble means, i think the devil has highjacked some of these precious words an twisted them, just like he has with music Some people think humility is to be low and walked over etc
i now think humility is a total reverence and fear of the lord if you have that then everything else falls into place.

your thoughts
I agree with you. But I think since Moses wrote the book of Numbers, it was a sort of journal or diary of their journey. Maybe he was feeling like the most humble man on all the earth and wrote it down to sort of vent his feelings and didnt have or couldnt think of another word to describe how he felt. I cant imagine how he felt being asked and chosen by God to lead all his people, having to deal directly with all the complaining and arguing etc. Even though God was with them, the people cried out to Moses who then went to God. Poor man. He probably was very humbled. Honored to be asked this of God, and apprehensive to say the least with all the people put him through. I think this would deeply humble a person. Also God exalts who he chooses to. and since the bible is the word of God maybe he inspired Moses to write this about himself as a sort of reward for his servitude.

Thats ony in the old testametd u think that Jesus was less humble than Moses? I think God led Him to say what he wrote. He was the most humble person at that time and could have changed over time. Who are we to question what is the bible God would not have let it be part of the bible if it wasnt truth?

JESUS CHRIST was absolutely the personification of humility and meekness :smile: praise HIS WONDERFUL NAME

Sorry it think maybe you have taken me the wrong way Alicia, this wasnt meant to compare jesus to moses at all, or old and new testement, merely showing something in bible trivia where i had noticed Moses wrote he himself was the Humblest, and thought it was interesting, sorry if i offended

Jehovah Jireh said:
Sorry it think maybe you have taken me the wrong way Alicia, this wasnt meant to compare jesus to moses at all, or old and new testement, merely showing something in bible trivia where i had noticed Moses wrote he himself was the Humblest, and thought it was interesting, sorry if i offended
Its ok no offence taken just showing a different point of view

God bless you for taking the bible further most people just read and dont ever think about it in any detail..

Jesus = Humble

Jesus is the most humble..."I am meek and humble of heart"...He humbled himselt...Phil 2:1-11.:love:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1