• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Howdy

Hey guys and gals. I'm an atheist! Oh joy. Anyway, I was reading through the forum last night when I decided to join. I noticed Chad, that you put up a lot of links with the information to support your side. To tell you the truth, I really don't feel like reading through those big bodies of text in order to discuss the topic. Instead I'll ask a few questions and if you wouldn't mind we could start a discussion right here.

How do you know, any more than I do, that there is a supreme being outside of the universe?
Nobody knows this with one-hundred percent certainty. I could be wrong and so could you.

As for God affecting you in every day life, I heard the question some time ago and I thought it was pretty interesting. God heals sickness upon prayer request, and does other things too. Why doesn't God heal amputees?
He answers the prayers of the cancer patient, but ignores those of an amputee.

Last question for now. What makes your religion right rather than anyone else's? Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Mormonism, other types of Christianity, or even Scientology? What makes yours so much better than theirs? They believe in their religion with just as much sincerity.

Have a nice day :D

If you are really searching hard for the answers to your questions, then maybe those links that Chad posted WOULD be worth the reading. It would take time, yes, but if it were important to you, you wouldnt mind. Many of your questions can be answered in the Get Saved Now forum. I WOULD like to tell you one thing, about the question you had about prayer, I am a teenager who is still learning in Christ, so I would like someone who has more knowledge than me to help you. :)

The thing is, the body might be broken, it might be bruised, cancerous, or even not functioning. But the soul is not damaged. When we have a faith in Christ, and we die, our body is left behind to decompose, since it is of no use to us any longer. But our soul is what is important. Our soul goes on to be with God, with no damage and in perfect condition. Jesus came to save our souls, not our bodies. :)