• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

How to see invisible things by looking at visible things.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
How to see invisible things by looking at visible things.

The Lord God always knew even before the beginning of time that man would fall into sin, thus making his heart dark which would in turn prevent him (man) to be unable to see, and understand spiritual things. Armed with this Wisdom the Lord created the universe to be used as a huge “VISUAL AID” so that spiritual dead men could see with their physical eyes how the invisible realm is!! God is invisible, (Col 1:15) but he created something physical that reveals to us his eternal nature.

Rom 1:20 FOR THE INVISIBLE THINGS OF HIM FROM THE CREATION OF THE WORLD ARE CLEARLY SEEN, BEING UNDERSTOOD BY THE THINGS THAT ARE MADE, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

We can see invisible things by looking at physical things that God created in the beginning!! Invisible things are CLEARLY SEEN by the THINGS THAT ARE MADE from the creation of the world!!
That is really cool, but we don't stop there. As it is stated in the last part of this verse......

“….EVEN HIS (God's) ETERNAL POWER AND GODHEAD....”!!!

Can you believe it? God created something in the physical world that we can turn our (physical) eyes upon and get a revelation how the eternal Godhead is in the spiritual realm!!!! Now, that has got my attention big time!! Inquiring minds what to know what it was that God created in the physical world that reveals to us his eternal nature. Spiritually dead men need help to kinda kick start their spiritual journey once they get saved!!

I am going to quote a few scriptures, and I am sure you get what it was God created that unveils his eternal Godhead to man, so that man would have no excuse not to believe.

Mat 17:1 And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.
Mat 17:2 And he was transfigured before them, and HIS FACE SHONE LIKE THE SUN, AND HIS CLOTHES BECAME WHITE AS LIGHT.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And THE CITY HAD NO NEED OF THE SUN, NEITHER OF THE MOON, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Psa 84:11 FOR THE LORD GOD IS A SUN and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.

The Lord our God is NOT the sun, he is only like the sun. There were, and I am sure, there are many who still do worship the sun as God. These people are not far from the truth. Their only problem is they worship a created thing, and not the creator (Romans 1 : 25) who created the sun.

Knowing this opens up a lot more questions I have. We know our God is a consuming fire. (Heb 12:29) the sun is a consuming fire. God is light. (1 John 1:5) We get our light from the sun. God is life. (John 14: 6) There would be no life on planet earth without the sun. God's presence is always with us no matter where we go ( Psa 139 : 7-8) We are always living in the presence of the sun in our solar system. We can not get away from it's light rays (presence) even though the sun is millions (92.96 million) of miles away from us!! The sun is permanently at REST in our solar system. God himself is permanently at rest on his throne forever. (Psa 132 :13-14)

Psa 132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 THIS IS MY REST FOR EVER: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Now the question should be, what is the difference between God's presence with us as a light, to where he (God) is at rest on his throne on mount Zion which is where this light originates from? Why would I need to come boldly to his throne of grace if he himself was already here with me now? These are the kinds of questions I ask the Lord all the time, and he just tells me the answer. It is kinda like a little kid asking their parents, "Mom, why is the sky blue"

God's presence with us is not the same thing as we coming into his presence as they are two completely different things!!

Ever since the Lord taught me this many years ago, every time I go outside and feel the warmth , and see the rays of light from the sun as it strikes my skin I remember that this is exactly how God is in the spiritual realm. When I pray, I come directly into my Lord presence to where his Glory (light) originates from, and I get very excited!!

Physical man can not take his body into the presence of the sun because it would just vaporize into nothing. Neither can physical man approach God in his physical body for the same reason, but the spiritual man can.

1Tim 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Tim 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T New to Christianity 17
Curtis Bible Discussions 18
ladylovesJesus Water Cooler 1