• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

How to get Wisdom

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
How to get Wisdom

The Bible tells us that Wisdom is the “PRINCIPLE” thing, meaning it is the most important thing in your life above everything, and that there is nothing you can ever desire that can be compared unto her. (Wisdom) (Prov 3:15) (Prov 4:7)

Brother Curtis, do you mean Wisdom is more important then Jesus? Wisdom was the very first thing God brought forth before he created anything. It would be through Wisdom the Lord God would create all things visible, and invisible!! The entire chapter of Proverb's 8 is about Wisdom being brought forth from the beginning. This Wisdom is a reference to Jesus Christ himself!!! As it is written, Jesus Christ is the Power, and the Wisdom of God. (1 Cor 1:24) No wonder Wisdom is the most important thing in our lives!!

But it is not just Wisdom we are to get, because if you are a child of God you already have him (Wisdom) living in you. What we desperately need is “UNDERSTANDING” of this Wisdom that we have in us which is why scripture says......

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore GET WISDOM: AND WITH ALL THY GETTING GET UNDERSTANDING.

Understanding of Wisdom is Wisdom. Understating Wisdom is understanding Jesus who happens to be God himself.
:smile: All of my actions in this life are based on my understanding of who this person (Wisdom) is in me. If my understanding is wrong, then all my actions will also be wrong. I can not believe in something I don't understand. If I don't understand something in the Word of God, I continually meditate upon it ,and confess it out of my mouth until God the Father gives me understanding. Preaching, and teaching something we don't understand produces no usefull results. The power of the Word of God is in the knowing and understanding in what it says, and means. Jesus taught with one as having authority because he understood every thing he taught. It was God the Father who taught the man Jesus his doctrine in which he thoroughly understood what he taught.

Understanding Wisdom comes from a desire to know Wisdom. My desire to get Wisdom is the key to getting it. The Lord God looks upon the purposes, and intents of our heart above all else. If I have a insatiable drive, and desire to know and to understand him he gives it!!! We can not fake God out, he knows all of our thoughts and the intents of our hearts.

Many years ago while I was meditating along these lines the Lord gave me a vision. In this vision I found myself in the middle of a festive party. All the saints of God were there, decked out in some pretty fancy clothes. There was not a sad face anywhere to be found, and I was also pretty happy to be there to. Everyone was laughing, and smiling. As I looked around I saw Jesus walking around with a golden platter with some kind of “eats”, “horsderves” of some kind. Jesus was going around person to person offering these horsderves to every one. Each person took one, and then smiled and thanked the Lord. Eventually, the Lord came up to me, and I looked at what was being offered, and then I looked at Jesus, smiled and said, “Lord take one for yourself, and I will take all the rest!!!”

Someone might say to me, “Wow, Curtis you are so rude, and stingy, only thinking about yourself. Maybe other people might want more.
I would say to that person, The Kingdom of God is not suffering any type of shortage of anything. The kitchen in Heaven has no limits, or of fear of running out!! Jesus did not go around telling everyone to just take ONE. Our Lord, and God puts no limits on how much you want to know about him, or his Son. We are the ones who puts limits on our self's. I want to know everything about the Lord. I am not into this onesy twosy thing we have going on. The Lord loves boldness in his presence, and he really dislikes fear that causes us to only take a little, when every thing God offers to us is only abundance!!

The beginning of my training attitude (desire) to getting Wisdom from God started way back when I was just an infant!! I learned a long time ago that if I would simply lift up my voice, and cry I would get what I wanted. This technique worked every single time for me. Don't think this was to just me, you also leaned this technique when you were young too!!

Being a Father I have leaned quickly back when my children were very young, that you can not go up to a screaming infant, and say to them, “Excuse me, can you please hold that thought, and I will attend to your needs in a few minutes”. That never works, because if you do not give that kid what he/she wants right now, they will turn blue in face and eventually pass out.

This is the exact same kind of desire and attitude that we must have if we really want the Lord God to give us Wisdom, and understanding. It works for me!!! I am not happy, until the Lord gives me what my desire is from him and he knows it quite well. Just give the kid what he wants to shut him up!!
:smile:

You know I am just being silly here, but I am serious about having a very strong desire to receive from the Lord, and if we are just half hearted about it, forget it, you wont get anything.

Pro 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
Pro 2:2 So that thou INCLINE THINE EAR UNTO WISDOM, AND APPLY THINE HEART TO UNDERSTANDING;
Pro 2:3 Yea, IF THOU CRIEST AFTER KNOWLEDGE, AND LIFTEST UP THY VOICE FOR UNDERSTANDING;
Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5 THEN SHALT THOU UNDERSTAND THE FEAR OF THE LORD, AND FIND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.

“…..if thou CRIEST AFTER KNOWLEDGE, AND LIFTEST UP THY VOICE FOR...” UNDERSTANDING;

THEN SHALT THOU UNDERSTAND THE FEAR OF THE LORD, AND FIND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.

See, I told you that crying works every time. :smile:

There is a lot more to getting Wisdom then what I have said here, but it is a good start.