• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How Much is Jesus Worth?

If you could become any one of these four people, which would you choose?

• (a) The richest, most successful businessman in the world;

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • (b) The most popular, most attractive star in Hollywood;

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • (c) The president of the United States;

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • (d) The poorest christian in the world;

Votes: 31 86.1%

• Total voters
If you could become any one of these four people, which would you choose?

(a) The richest, most successful businessman in the world;
(b) The most popular, most attractive star in Hollywood;
(c) The president of the United States;
(d) The poorest christian in the world;

Which do you choose?

Some of us might have a hard time choosing between a, b, and c; but is there anyone here who would pick d?

Let me change the question: You now have the same four choices, except: if you choose a, b, or c, you do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. If you’re the poorest christian in the world, you do.

Which do you choose now?

Is the choice hard?

Do you see what I’m asking? How much is Jesus worth to you?

Are you sold out to God? Or are you just sold out? Mary was sold out to God. Judas was sold out. Just as Esau sold his inheritance for lentil stew, Judas sold His soul for $5000.

That seems incredible to us — but what’s your price? Do you have a price?

While many of our brothers and sisters around the world and in the history of the church have had to ask that question, for us the prospect of physical punishment or death for proclaiming the preciousness of Jesus seems abstract, unreal. So ask yourself this question:

Is your price a steady job and a nice income and a nice house and a nice car?

Or is your price a spouse, a child, a parent, or a location?

Or is your price a ministry, a career, or a dream?

Is the cost of following Christ, and maybe giving up one or all these things too high for you? Or are you devoting yourself to these goals more than you are devoting yourself to following Jesus? Is the pursuit of these things, is your plan to achieve all these things, standing in the way of your making a radical, life-changing commitment to God?

Are you sold out to Jesus and the gospel? Or are you only playing at religious devotion?

Are you satisfied with a short daily devotion, a short daily prayer, a visit to the sanctury on Sunday, and then spend the rest of your time and energy in your own pursuits? After all, it is YOUR life, so it is ultimately your choice, and not even Jesus will make that choice for you.

If you knew the choice of your eternal destiny lay in your answer to that question, would it help you better choose? It does.

Will you say "I would rather have you Jesus, than ANYTHING!"

Luk 14:26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, and in addition even his own life, he is not able to be My disciple.
And whoever does not carry his cross and come after Me is not able to be My disciple.
For which of you, the one wanting to build a lookout tower, does not first, having sat down, calculate the cost;

gee

Great. You have asked a very meaningful question in this christmas time. I think to be a richest man without Christ is nothing at all compared to being a poor man with Christ. I choose Christ and Christ alone. Where Christ is, I want to be there.

Everything else seems nothing. oh praise Jesus. He loves us all! :)

Amen Brothers!

For we are strangers, and sojourners and our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding. (1Ch 29:15)

We are often hindered from giving up our treasures to the Lord out of fear for their safety; this is especially true when those treasures are loved relatives and friends. But we need have no such fears. Our Lord came not to destroy but to save. Everything is safe which we commit to Him, and nothing is really safe which is not so committed.
A. W. Tozer--The Pursuit of God

This was awesome!! I read through the choices and immediately without hesitation chose to be (d.) 'the poorest Christian in the world' because HE is my everything!!! As for the price (the spouse, child, job, car, location, a dream, a parent(,...I have all these things BECAUSE I made HIM my choice. So, HE gave me all these things because I chose HIM. And HE keeps giving me more and more!!! HE is the TRUE gift that keeps on giving!! He gives me everything that I need and some of the things that I ask HIM for -- HE really knows what's best for me. I just put my life on cruise-control with JESUS as the pilot. I like being in the passenger set of my own life!!! I have even been called a brat by my mortal family, but my spiritual family knows that truth. That is why I am a Heavenly 'Daddy's Girl'!!!

Ann

I would rather be a poor Christian in the world and a rich Christian in heaven!

It is not so difficult to make a choice if you know Jesus and know where you are going.

Blessings!

I would rather be a poor Christian in the world and a rich Christian in heaven!

It is not so difficult to make a choice if you know Jesus and know where you are going.

Blessings!

Amen, I agree with sister Ann.

Mark 10:21-24
21 "Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!" KJV

I'll work hard at business and take my monopoly money to the streets to help the poorest Christian.

:friends: