• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How Long, Lord?

Staff Member
How many are the days of Your servant [which he must endure]? When will You judge those who pursue and persecute me? Psalm 119:84 AMPC

The author of Psalm 119 suffered from persecution for his steadfast conviction to live by the Word of God (119:85, 87). Eventually, he wondered how much longer he could bear it before tasting death. Notice that he didn’t take matters into his own hands. Instead, he asked God to act against those who were after him.

The new believer pants for truth. He devours the Bible and is willing to do whatever it says. But when he faces persecution, or sometimes just pushback, he becomes disillusioned, wondering why others aren’t interested in God’s precepts. As he matures in the faith, he sees the culture’s distaste for the Word as the norm and he seeks to proclaim the truth more faithfully.

Have you pulled back from sharing the truth, knowing the message you’re sharing is unpopular? Don’t lose heart. Your mission is to spread the message of the kingdom while leaving the results to the Father.

Prayer: Lord, I confess to being a people pleaser more than a truth proclaimer. I know that sharing the truth in love is a scriptural mandate. Yet when I do so, few people seem to listen. Stiffen my backbone, Lord, that I may press on in faithfulness to You.

Revelation 6:10-11 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.