Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

How does one ask jesus to come into their life

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jbessolo, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Is there anyone out there who knows,
    the best bible verses to read when asking jesus to come into one's life?

2. Jbessolo,

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that
    whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Romans 5:8 tells us that God loved us so that "when we were in our sin
    Christ Jesus came to die for us."

Romans 3:23
    "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

Romans 6:23
    "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in
    Christ Jesus our Lord."

2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "He who knew no sin became sin for us, that
    we may be made the righteousness of God through Him."

Romans 10:9-10
    "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart
    that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a
    person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he
    confesses, resulting in salvation."

Romans 10:13
    "for Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

There are variations of prayer asking Jesus Christ into their lives. The best one is normally the one that the person will allow to come from themselves in their own words. The one you yourself used could also help another. Here are some example prayers. Hope and pray they help whoever you're helping to guide towards His Saving Grace!
    YBIC
    C4E

Pray like this: "Dear God, I confess that I am a sinner, and I am sorry. I need
    a Savior. I know I cannot save myself. I believe by faith that Jesus, your
    Son, died on the cross to be my Savior. I believe He arose from the grave
    to live as my Lord. I turn from my sin. I ask You, Lord Jesus, to forgive my
    sin and come into my heart. I trust you as my Savior and receive you as
    my Lord. Thank you, Jesus, for saving me."

Dear God I know I have sinned against you and have disobeyed you in many
    ways. But I also know that you sent Jesus to bear the punishment for my sins on the cross. I now turn from my sin and ask Jesus christ to be my Savior and to forgive me for all my sins. Amen.

God I confess that I've made mistakes. I know that I have sinned against you. Thank-you for loving me-no matter what I ahve done-and for sending your Son Jesus to die for me and suffer the punishment I deserved. Please come into my life and help me live a life that pleases you. Amen.

Jesus, I do admit my sins against you. I believe You suffered and died for all of them. I receive You as my Savior right now. Amen.

3. First the correct understanding of who Jesus is needs to be established. The whole reason that God sent His son was so that there could be a redemption back to God, not back to Jesus. The whole point for Jesus' death was so that we could come into communion with God, who is Jesus' Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

We should look at the phrase "asking Jesus to come into one's life" with a little different perspective other than Jesus being the destination. Rather, He is the intermediary, the way to the Father.
    When faith is placed in Jesus, in the fact that He is the price that was paid for sin, and that it is His righteousness that God sees, then we are included in the loop with God, and Jesus by the Holy Spirit that is sent by God when we ask for it.

The Holy Spirit then enables us to abide with God because we are trusting in the sacrifice of Jesus being enough.

It is an act of the will to believe that God has sent His Holy Spirit in order to commune with us, and be a deposit or witness that we are reconcilled, or redeemed back to God.

So, yes we are instructed to have the mind of Christ, and to honor him, give him glory etc, but that is only done by the Holy Spirit that is sent by God His Father unto all those who are trusting that Christ has redeemed them back to the Father in order to commune with the Father through His Spirit.

4. Welcome to t.j. dear brother.

I suggest that you look around in the immediate area where you live, for a fellowship of Christian believers.

That would be the easiest and the quickest way for you to meet Jesus. To meet the Master.

I met Jesus many years ago........and I have never looked back.

Wishing you well......in Jesus

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)