• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How do you know?

One of my friends asked me: "How do you know if Jesus is pleased with you?"
Well, I would really love to give her a great answer: Any help?

Active
Ask him or her, are you pleased with you? 2 cor 13:5 is a daily look. I am pleased in some areas of my life,and very displeased with myself in others areas,in the areas I am displeased with,I am working on,and since I am so thankful Jesus LOVES me,I always know through him, I can overcome my weak areas. 1 john 4:4-6 hope this helps. blessing to you.

Contrary to what your friend seems to think, we do not have to earn God's love. It is freely extended to all who receive it. Point your friend toward Jn 3:16-17.

SLE

Administrator
Staff Member
Contrary to what your friend seems to think, we do not have to earn God's love. It is freely extended to all who receive it. Point your friend toward Jn 3:16-17.

SLE

You certainly hit the nail on the head brother Ed.

Its all about GOD's grace through His Son Jesus Christ, our Savior.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you brother Brighthouse for 2 Cor 13:5, I never knew about that verse. It really makes sence. I will surely tell my friend.

It's strange how you can read and read the Bible but still find new stuff over and over.
Anyway, blessings to you all.

Sheep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Truly, God can never be "pleased" with me, or you. (none of us are, or will ever, reach a point where can claim that we are now good enough to please God.)

God is pleased with His Son. If I find any favor in His eyes, it is because of His grace, (that unmerited favor) because there is nothing good in me, except Him.

T. Austin-Sparks said it best:
"A Christian is comprehended in this saying, "It pleased God to reveal His Son in me"."

Thank you so much for your help.

It's strange how you can read and read the Bible but still find new stuff over and over.
Anyway, blessings to you all.

Sheep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sheep, my husband and I say that all the time!

Blessings to you too.

While it is true that we can never earn God's approval, there is the other side of our Spiritual life that requires us to get closer to our Lord through His Holy Spirit that is in us.

From this perspective, we do need to:
1. Confess our sins daily (1 John 1:9 and 1 John 2:5-6).

2. Keep being filled by the Holy Spirit. This has more to do with our mental attitude, that we *choose* to submit to what God (the Holy Spirit) reveals to us as we pore upon the Scriptures. (Ephesian 5:18 and John 14:26).

Note on no.2 that studying the Scriptures without being filled with the Holy Spirit is a recipe for a disaster.

By doing 1 and 2 daily, we are on our way to start growing to be closer to Christ and be able to increase our sensitivity to what everyone call "the will of God" in our own lives. Which in turn will lead us to experience real joy.

This is why God is so good, and everything that we do with Him in mind will turn to bless us.