• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How do you handle the JW

Loyal
I am referring to the jehovah's Witness that come knocking on your door. Have any of you been able to show them the light??

DO have any good links that you can print out and hand them to educate them?

I certainly do not believe what they believe, but I admire them going door to door and trying to preach the gospel (although its false ), most of these folks seem to have the best intentions, yet are mislead by there leaders, I would like to be armed with some literature to give them and possibly reach them, to see the light.

One thing I see that they do not believe, is Jesus was God, I think this is a great starting point,

Any way looking for suggestions and thoughts

thanks

Staff Member
Dear Brother @Dave M

When I was a young teenager. I studied under them for close to two years. They used to come by, when I first retired from the military and was playing Mr. Mom. My walk with the Lord or should I say my standing still in the Lord at the time was not where it needed to be. I really was not ready in my own walk to engage anyone from any false faith.

Still I would try to be kind to them. Each time I'd offer them Lemonade which they would politely refuse. Even though I can recall it was summer and they were sweating profusely! They were really interested in talking with me until they found out that I had studied with them as a child and had even been to their main publishing house in NYC. Oddly, that seemed to turn them off to visiting me anymore. Maybe, they saw me as a turncoat or something (shrug).

Now, if they do stop by, I'm never here. Sometimes I feel they have an "X" marked on the map so as to not visit this house any more. I do believe the Mormons have the same map with the "X" on it. :rolleyes: Sad, because my knowledge of His Word has grown a little since those days. I'd also be a little more loving and less eager to engage combative wise with them.

Anyway, below is a good site for Apologethics that has a good section with a variety of positional papers on their beliefs. Hope it helps some. If I come across any more I'll be sure to pass them along.

Jehovah's Witnesses

With the Love of the Lord.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Staff Member
Just came across this tract from Chick Tracts. Some folks have issue with Chick, which I won't get into, but the tracts are useful. Here's the link to one for the JW's.

War Games!

Loyal
C4E and Chad

Thanks, you touched a very thought of mine, I am really not that good of a debater or theologian but thought this would help me become better at it, and get closer to God and maybe help some one out of the cult, but I here few have any luck doing it thanks for the links

Active
I guess the question you will have to ask yourself,is would you like them to RUN away from you in a hurry?? LOL If this is true, then just ask them what John 14:8-11 means to them?? LOL It has been taken out of there bible bro!! Speaking directly upon Dave M what you said earlier, Jesus being God! When you start to recite scripture,because you are established, they leave in a hurry!! LOL

They are very close to Moonies,Sun Yun Moon in this regard, where there doctrine has so been drilled into them,it really would take an act of God to change there mindset! They have to some extent been brain washed.( Matt 7:6) To some brother, as much as I know you would like to be used of the Lord to help them,even as I did,it really is casting pearls before swine. But hey!!

Its ok, many do not believe this,so do as Holy Spirit leads you,and you will find out this truth as i did.I can tell you this after one in counter they will stay far away from your dwelling place!! LOL They are not looking for believers brother( 1 Peter 5:8) They are looking for weakness to devour that person into there false doctrine!

Please do indeed test this, and see for yourself!! You will laugh at how quick they seem to have to leave you! To me they said "oh sorry brother,have to go,blessing to you". LOL Yea right! NOW, If you wish to look to reason,and you enjoy company for a while be shrewd then!( Matt 10:16) Do not speak upon what I said earlier,and ask them how they got to know the truth,they will love you for that!! So Brother Dave M it is up to you,how long you wish to stay in there company!

Active
What communion has light with darkness?
The light chases darkness away.

The perfect script one needs is the Word of God. He will give ye what ye ought to say. Amen. Doesn't mean one will say it but He will give it to you.

They run from me. We are not to be unequally yoked together with an unbeliever. If a man come preaching another gospel than the one I received I am to take no part in it; For it will lead us into vainity and debate.

Active
When they showed up to fellowship, I was so excited that someone wanted to fellowship. Well because I was standing in my mother's yard and her devil spirit was already perking to pounce on someone, I said "no, you don't want to go in there. Lets meet at the pool and park area. They agreed. I had already asked them "what do you believe?" One man quoted a scripted answer from their religion". I said, that isn't what I asked you, I asked you what do YOU believe? Not one of them could answer me.

Anyway, here came 6 carloads full. Yeah! Then upon arrival their "head" told me they have to go; security had complaints.

I was told someone would diffently be in touch with me; that was a year ago.

Praise God for it.

Loyal
I am referring to the jehovah's Witness that come knocking on your door. Have any of you been able to show them the light??

I certainly do not believe what they believe, but I admire them going door to door and trying to preach the gospel (although its false ), most of these folks seem to have the best intentions, yet are mislead by there leaders, I would like to be armed with some literature to give them and possibly reach them, to see the light.

One thing I see that they do not believe, is Jesus was God, I think this is a great starting point,

thanks

2 John 9-11 (CJB)
9 Everyone who goes ahead and does not remain true to what the Messiah has taught does not have God. Those who remain true to his teaching have both the Father and the Son. 10 If someone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, don’t welcome him into your home. Don’t even say, “Shalom! Peace!” to him; 11 for the person who says, “Shalom!” to him shares in his evil deeds.

Romans 16:17 (CJB)
17 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put snares alongside the teaching in which you have been trained — keep away from them.

They come to your door, be ready to speak with them,IF The Lord leads, If the Lord does not lead to speak, simply close the door....Nothing said.

thanks
I have tried talking with them They do not want to listen. Anymore, I simply say I'm simply not interested, goodbye.

thanks
Who has the gospel of Christ 100% correct, nobody.

I talk to Jehovah Witnesses alot, because they frequent my area. They have diffrent ideas, but so do you compared to them and so do I compared to you.

So will you still learn something from our conversion, or decide to reject everything I say because I'm different.

Administrator
Staff Member
I talk to Jehovah Witnesses alot, because they frequent my area. They have diffrent ideas, but so do you compared to them and so do I compared to you.

Different doctrines is not the same thing. JW does not believe Jesus Christ is the Savior. They do not believe the inerrant canonical Bible books (66). They have their own 'version' and it's far from the truth.

You've done nothing on this site but air your own views and opinions as if they're factual.

Different doctrines is not the same thing. JW does not believe Jesus Christ is the Savior. They do not believe the inerrant canonical Bible books (66). They have their own 'version' and it's far from the truth.

You've done nothing on this site but air your own views and opinions as if they're factual.
Depends on how you see it, we all see through a glass darkly.

Active
Depends on how you see it, we all see through a glass darkly.
We had better be looking in the glass at self, even when God shows us self through other people; He burns in and through the messagner, first. That is NOT the time to become proud and high minded but humble and compassionate. Amen

Yes we look through the glass darkly, (pointing at others and never consider self), but then face to face (mature believers in God, not fighting back or pointing of fingers, but at self). Humble before God, yes Lord that was, is, myself. Now take what God has taught you and deliver to them 28th love, compassion and gentleness. Amen

We had better be looking in the glass at self, even when God shows us self through other people; He burns in and through the messagner, first. That is NOT the time to become proud and high minded but humble and compassionate. Amen

Yes we look through the glass darkly, (pointing at others and never consider self), but then face to face (mature believers in God, not fighting back or pointing of fingers, but at self). Humble before God, yes Lord that was, is, myself. Now take what God has taught you and deliver to them 28th love, compassion and gentleness. Amen
Amen.

So you think I advocate the belief's of the Jehovah's witnesses?

Well in the beginning I use to debate with them while they were walking around my area, and try as hard as I could to trap them in their craftiness.

That did not work.

Then I met them at their literature stands and on the street corner at 6 am in the freezing cold, trying to make them understand why they were wrong.

That did not work.

Then I challenged a group of their men to put their money where there scriptures are, and I asked for 2 dollars for food. They wouldn't give it, so I held them in contempt and warned them that judgment comes on those who preach the word but will not live up to it.

That did not work.

Then I spoke to one member alone and confessed all my sins, but his heart was distant and detached. So I confessed I was once in love with my cousin, he didn't seem to care. He just went on and on about his church and the promises of God. So I got angry, then he threatened to call the police.

That did not work.

Then one day I got sick of seeing them, so I threw over their news stand and said get out! But they were still there when I came back, I wonder (Should I make a whip?)

So that didn't work either.

You just can't fight belief, it only makes it more resistant.

Staff Member
So that didn't work either.

You just can't fight belief, it only makes it more resistant.

Curious. Did you feel called to initiate the contact with them? or Was it just because they just happened to be there and you knew enough about their belief that somehow you felt they could be persuaded from the path they have chosen to follow?

With all that you attempted the one thing, which is truly the most powerful and effective is Prayer. Always remember that it is not by our power, but by the Spirit of the Lord that change will happen. That is why I asked if you were called to do this. If you were then the resources necessary to have His will done through you would have been made available so that His will would be done. If it was not. Then no matter what you attempted it was not going to work.

That is why the one recourse which should be the first one always, and I didn't see in your list of attempts. Did you pray for them? And if you did, was it that His will would be done or that your desires for them would allow them to be saved.

Do you realize that before they set out to increase their numbers. The first thing they do is Pray! They pray themselves up. In so doing, how can we begin to imagine that unless we are called of God to do so, that we'd have any effect whatsoever upon a people so driven?

No it's not the erroneous belief of theirs that would prevent one from moving them with the truth of the Word of God. It's that we truly need Holy Spirit power to do so.

"Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts."

Debate and Confession as you have learned does little to nothing for moving them. Show them the Love of God for that comes from the Spirit and you might just be the vehicle by which they might come to Jesus our Lord and Savior.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

P.S. - Remember that we do not seek to change them, but rather that through Christ Jesus they might be saved. Then the change will happen! Alleluia!

Curious. Did you feel called to initiate the contact with them? or Was it just because they just happened to be there and you knew enough about their belief that somehow you felt they could be persuaded from the path they have chosen to follow?

With all that you attempted the one thing, which is truly the most powerful and effective is Prayer. Always remember that it is not by our power, but by the Spirit of the Lord that change will happen. That is why I asked if you were called to do this. If you were then the resources necessary to have His will done through you would have been made available so that His will would be done. If it was not. Then no matter what you attempted it was not going to work.

That is why the one recourse which should be the first one always, and I didn't see in your list of attempts. Did you pray for them? And if you did, was it that His will would be done or that your desires for them would allow them to be saved.

Do you realize that before they set out to increase their numbers. The first thing they do is Pray! They pray themselves up. In so doing, how can we begin to imagine that unless we are called of God to do so, that we'd have any effect whatsoever upon a people so driven?

No it's not the erroneous belief of theirs that would prevent one from moving them with the truth of the Word of God. It's that we truly need Holy Spirit power to do so.

"Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts."

Debate and Confession as you have learned does little to nothing for moving them. Show them the Love of God for that comes from the Spirit and you might just be the vehicle by which they might come to Jesus our Lord and Savior.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

P.S. - Remember that we do not seek to change them, but rather that through Christ Jesus they might be saved. Then the change will happen! Alleluia!
Yes it was all nonsense, I didn't have to do any of that.

Now I just hang out with them and get to know them and their gospel and try to understand how it fits in with everything I currently know.

But I won't ask a Christian for money ever again.

Active
Yes it was all nonsense, I didn't have to do any of that.

Now I just hang out with them and get to know them and their gospel and try to understand how it fits in with everything I currently know.

But I won't ask a Christian for money ever again.
Honey a true Christian's sees your need and despair and will freely hand it to you, anyway. But should we ask, I pray they have been taught right and do the righteous thing; amen

Active
They dont bother me usually if they knock we just dont answer the door. Dad sees them coming and goes its the jehovahs witnesses, dont answer!

You dont want to invite wolves into your home, keep them from the door.

One time I was out front gardening, and they walked by and saw me and tried to lead me astray but I just said oh yes its a nice day and then went to the back of the house continuing on gardening.

When I used to flat they came knocking but only would ask for my flatmate cos they had some assignment on her, she was never home when they came round.

What Ive learned is if you want to witness to a jehovahs witness just say why dont we pray? Then God gives you the words. They cant not pray. They will probably run if you start speaking in tongues they cant understand. If fhey do happen to understand then praise the Lord!

Or, you just say am already christian and go to church dont need to go anywhere else. God is good all the time!
If you want to hand them literature why not just give them a bible, they have NWT which is a bad translation although its probably similar to niv. Just give them good ol' king james bible and say here, read it, its a real bible.