• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How do you find words?.....

I know this might sound crazy ..but oh well I guess I am a bit!! I don't even know where to post this here. It is partly a praise and partly a question.

I don't know all the terminology of what is going on.... but this past week has been like I'm plugged into a light socket most of the time. I am almost shaking or like I drank 5 cans of Red Bull....all when I think about how much Jesus LOVES. Not just me, EVERYONE ...I see him on the cross and his skin ripped and how all he had to do was say, "enough! I'm outta here! These people don't deserve this!" but no, he stayed there. For me. For you. For all of us.

I don't know what to do with this. I feel even newer than when I gave my life to Him 3 months ago... its like that all over again but with eyes that see more. More of just what it is going to mean to be 100% sold out to Him. I want to share this with EVERYONE ...let them know that JESUS loves them. I don't want to be still and safe. That isn't what Jesus set as an example. I don't want to be like the how ever many "christians" that walked by me and either judged me or ignored me. How many did I encounter that were too afraid to let me know that there was a God that cared about me? I mean ...43 years is a LONG time not to have heard (or at least remember hearing).

So, it is awesome. Unexplainable. But does this happen to everyone?!? If so...why aren't they living it out? Why are they hiding away in church and then the rest of the week acting like everyone around them?

Am I missing something? Is there a protocol we're supposed to follow? I mean, yeah, I don't want to be rude and offensive (well, maybe a little offensive) I totally want to be genuine... but I can barely keep my mouth shut this week. I'm in line, or talking to the cashier and all I want to tell him/her is, "Do you know that Jesus Loves you?!"

And so there is the "inexperience" that I carry as well. I don't know how to quote scripture...I don't know how to do this. I mean I actually don't WANT to follow what man might do... I want it from to come from what God has done in me..I want to be able to see what the person I'm talking to is going through. I'm assuming it is God's Spirit that can be the only one to let me see. ......

I know this has to be from God. I want more of it ...and even last night as things in my mind were like, "no, you are just as worthless as before...or you are just imagining this" I didn't listen. I had to try really hard, but I don't want to give this up. Can I please keep it?! *super excited, puppy look grin*

Loyal
It is no doubt a gift, a mountain top time of your faith. Enjoy it and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Just like Red Bull, when that time ends, it will feel like a crash, and you can miss it so much, that your faith can suffer, in many believers, it does suffer. When you eventually get to the time in the valley, remember that our journey doesnt always lay on the summit, but amoung the bulk of humanity to help them along the path to the eternal city. Be a leader, in that no matter the high or low, you always walk the path Jesus set before us. Be an example, and know that the mountain top experience will come again.

Loyal
I know this might sound crazy ..but oh well I guess I am a bit!! I don't even know where to post this here. It is partly a praise and partly a question.

I don't know all the terminology of what is going on.... but this past week has been like I'm plugged into a light socket most of the time. I am almost shaking or like I drank 5 cans of Red Bull....all when I think about how much Jesus LOVES. Not just me, EVERYONE ...I see him on the cross and his skin ripped and how all he had to do was say, "enough! I'm outta here! These people don't deserve this!" but no, he stayed there. For me. For you. For all of us.

I don't know what to do with this. I feel even newer than when I gave my life to Him 3 months ago... its like that all over again but with eyes that see more. More of just what it is going to mean to be 100% sold out to Him. I want to share this with EVERYONE ...let them know that JESUS loves them. I don't want to be still and safe. That isn't what Jesus set as an example. I don't want to be like the how ever many "christians" that walked by me and either judged me or ignored me. How many did I encounter that were too afraid to let me know that there was a God that cared about me? I mean ...43 years is a LONG time not to have heard (or at least remember hearing).

So, it is awesome. Unexplainable. But does this happen to everyone?!? If so...why aren't they living it out? Why are they hiding away in church and then the rest of the week acting like everyone around them?

Am I missing something? Is there a protocol we're supposed to follow? I mean, yeah, I don't want to be rude and offensive (well, maybe a little offensive) I totally want to be genuine... but I can barely keep my mouth shut this week. I'm in line, or talking to the cashier and all I want to tell him/her is, "Do you know that Jesus Loves you?!"

And so there is the "inexperience" that I carry as well. I don't know how to quote scripture...I don't know how to do this. I mean I actually don't WANT to follow what man might do... I want it from to come from what God has done in me..I want to be able to see what the person I'm talking to is going through. I'm assuming it is God's Spirit that can be the only one to let me see. ......

I know this has to be from God. I want more of it ...and even last night as things in my mind were like, "no, you are just as worthless as before...or you are just imagining this" I didn't listen. I had to try really hard, but I don't want to give this up. Can I please keep it?! *super excited, puppy look grin*

Ellie, when I first got saved I had the exact same feeling, as I wanted to tell everyone what had happened to me, without any fear what so ever. I saw everything in a different light then I did before.
I was so excited, and full of joy unspeakable. I could not contain myself. I asked many questions to other believers who had been saved for many years. They all asked me, "how long you been saved", and I said, "a few weeks", and they said, "Ooh, you are just on your honey moon with the Lord. Give it a few months and you will be right down here in the valley with the rest of us" I said "I just came out of the valley, I don't want to go back" Sure enough they were right I found myself a few months after getting saved in the valley. No body could tell me how to stay on top of the mountain. It took the Lord himself to teach how. First off what you are experiencing right now is never suppose to go away. The way you keep that joy, is to make sure you have your heart and mind set on things above where Christ sits on the right hand of God. This is called prayer. The Lord only talks to those to whom he has their attention. Prayer is not something you start, and then after so many minutes you stop until at a later time. It is something you start, and never stop doing. Having your heart and mind set on the things above will keep yourself in God's presence. He always keeps the person who has their heart on him to be at perfect peace.

Active
Back in 2003, when I was newly returned to God after more than a decade with my back turned to Him, I wrote these words on my blog -

"Sometimes I want to stand on top of a tall building with my arms spread wide and shout it for all the world to hear. "I believe in our Lord, Jesus Christ!" The joy that He has filled me with overflows from me. Perhaps you've seen the ad on TV where the man is so happy because he has lowered his cholesterol, and he stops and joyfully tells every person he encounters, even strangers on the elevator, "I've lowered my cholesterol!" That is how I feel."

I know exactly how you feel. When one becomes saved, the joy overflows from you, it is hard to contain it. "Why wouldn't everyone want to experience this?!" The challenge can then be keeping that feeling when life gets in the way. We live in a fallen world, and "life" starts to happen to you. Satan recognizes your joy and will start to pick at you to steal it (that's what this is - "no, you are just as worthless as before...or you are just imagining this"). You need to stay vigilant when that is happening and rebuke him. Stay immersed in the Word - read your Bible daily. Pray without ceasing. Keep your focus on Jesus. It brings me such happiness to read of your joy in the Lord. It doesn't matter that you can't quote scripture. I am terrible at memorizing scripture. But I read my Bible each and every day and with the Holy Spirit's help, I understand what it says. Knowing the message that God has for us there is what is important.

Embrace this joy and exuberance that you are experiencing. It is a gift from God! Before accepting Jesus we had a hole inside of us - a longing - that we spent our lives looking to fill. It's only natural to be really happy when we finally have that!

Ellie, when I first got saved I had the exact same feeling, as I wanted to tell everyone what had happened to me, without any fear what so ever. I saw everything in a different light then I did before.
I was so excited, and full of joy unspeakable. I could not contain myself. I asked many questions to other believers who had been saved for many years. They all asked me, "how long you been saved", and I said, "a few weeks", and they said, "Ooh, you are just on your honey moon with the Lord. Give it a few months and you will be right down here in the valley with the rest of us" I said "I just came out of the valley, I don't want to go back" Sure enough they were right I found myself a few months after getting saved in the valley. No body could tell me how to stay on top of the mountain. It took the Lord himself to teach how. First off what you are experiencing right now is never suppose to go away. The way you keep that joy, is to make sure you have your heart and mind set on things above where Christ sits on the right hand of God. This is called prayer. The Lord only talks to those to whom he has their attention. Prayer is not something you start, and then after so many minutes you stop until at a later time. It is something you start, and never stop doing. Having your heart and mind set on the things above will keep yourself in God's presence. He always keeps the person who has their heart on him to be at perfect peace.

Curtis, Thanks. When I first started to read your reply, where you said that people were telling you that you were on a honey moon phase.... I was literally saying in my head.. no no no! I just got out of a valley..I'm not meant to go back in one!

That is what I mean. I had joy at salvation.... lasted a bit, then ended up lower than I was even before I was saved! This is different. I cannot explain it. And yes, it could end....but it seems like this is what we are really meant to live like. Now, yes this excitement I'm sure (well who knows, God seems to have a good sense of humor) will fade ...but the meaning of how I'm supposed to walk Jesus out day to day ..well, that ISN"T supposed to fade! Thanks for your post. Keep it real man, I will too.
Ellie

Staff Member
Greetings,

thanks for sharing.

Don't let anyone try to steer you away from the joy that comes from the LORD. It is your strength, He is your strength and song.

Keep the faith.

Bless you ....><>