• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

How do we get Jesus in us?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
If we believe and acknowledge that Jesus is the Word of God then we move forward:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Forward how? We need to eat of his flesh and drink of his blood:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

How do we eat of his flesh? We eat a wafer and drink the fruit of the grape, but this must really be his flesh and his blood to do the job of putting him in us alive.

The Word is a living never dying thing, which is Jesus. When a person hears or reads the words written in scripture and those words are quickened by his Blood, is that not what makes him ALIVE within us?

"... God

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

People who simply consume a dead wafer or read a bit of scripture without the Life giving Blood are eating a dead corpse still hanging on the cross. If, however, that flesh of Jesus (scripture) is consumed and quickened (brought to Life) within us by the Blood of Jesus, is that not then the Living Christ within us?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

Active
"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." (John 6:56)

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63)

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;.." (John 17:23)

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15:5)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Devotionals 3
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
B Bible Discussions 3