• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How China Plans to Wipe Out House Churches

Incidents of persecution of Christians rose by about 42 percent last year compared with 2011, according to the report by human rights group China Aid. Many of these incidents involved groups of Christians. In total, the number of individual persecuted Christians rose by roughly 14 percent and total individual detentions increased by nearly 12 percent. China Aid said overall total persecution in six categories was about 13 percent worse than in 2011 -- though China Aid termed its statistics just "the tip of the iceberg."

At least 132 incidents of persecution affecting 4,919 Christians -- 442 of whom were clergy -- were reported in the country last year, according to China Aid's annual report. The Texas-based group tracked detention of at least 1,441 Christians, the sentencing of nine of them, and the abuse (verbal, mental and physical, including beatings and torture) of 37 Christians.

The recent appointment of Xi Jinping as the new leader of China's Communist Party has made no difference in treatment of Christians, said a member of the Shouwang Church in Beijing, a congregation authorities have harassed for more than two years.

The continued rise of persecution is not the only dynamic raising serious concerns; authorities have targeted unregistered house churches in a planned manner....In 2008 and 2009, officials "targeted house church leaders and churches in urban areas," China Aid notes. In 2010, they "attacked Christian human rights lawyers groups and using abuse, torture and mafia tactics." The focus in 2011 was on increasing the intensity of attacks against Christians and house churches.

In 2012, a new three-phase approach was adopted to wipe out unregistered house churches, which the government saw as a hostile group of dissenters, and force them to join the official Three-Self Patriotic Movement (TSPM) church system. In the first phase, from January 2012 to June, the State Administration for Religious Affairs (SARA) secretly investigated house churches across the country and created files on them, the report says. This was followed by a wave of crackdowns on house churches, which has continued into 2013, as part of the second phase. The second phase will also entail strongly encouraging unregistered churches to become part of the TSPM-at which point they would become known as "house gatherings," with the government banning the term "house churches."

Some house churches have registered with authorities to avoid arrests and harassment, but most do not as they object to the beliefs and controls of some TPSM leaders. Barriers to evangelical churches registering with the TSPM include theological differences, adverse consequences if they reveal names and addresses of church leaders or members, and government control of sermon content.

The number of Protestant house-church Christians has been estimated at between 45 million and 60 million.

How China Plans to Wipe Out House Churches | Christianity Today ;

they don't need to worry about doing the same in most other countries as it would appear that such commitment to the truth and refusal to go along with laws that pervert the Gospel is is such a weak and insignificant percentage that it doesn't count for much

let them think that if they will for even the least is greater and the Church began with only a few

pray for China for brethren there
it is a tough and uncomfortable life for Christ and the gospel they live

Loyal
in most other countries as it would appear that such commitment to the truth and refusal to go along with laws that pervert the Gospel is is such a weak and insignificant percentage that it doesn't count for much

Amen!!!
I think this country has just about watered it down as much as they can. We have "tolerated diversity", and "co-existed", and become "politically correct" to the point of
compromising everything Jesus stood for.

Was he politically correct when he called the pharisee's vipers and sons of hell? ( Matt 23:15; )
Was he tolerating diversity when he called them vipers? ( Matt 12:34; Matt 23:33; )
Was he co-existing with those who continue to practice lawlessness in his name? ( Matt 7:23; )
Was he worried about offending the money changers in the temple? ( John 2:15; )
Was he worried they might be traumatized by the harsh truth of hell? ( John 15:6; )
Was he religiously diverse when he said he was the ONLY way? ( John 14:6; )

Matt 10:34; "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Last edited:
Loyal
The true Church is always Much more powerful , when it under Fire !

then it shines !
Yes, perhaps we should pray for persecution of the followers of Jesus in our own country to stir up some hearts and have the power increased! The difficulty for the persecutors could be in finding many who are really His followers above and beyond lip-service.

Amen!!!
I think this country has just about watered it down as much as they can. We have "tolerated diversity", and "co-existed", and become "politically correct" to the point of
compromising everything Jesus stood for.

Was he politically correct when he called the pharisee's vipers and sons of hell? ( Matt 23:15; )
Was he tolerating diversity when he called them vipers? ( Matt 12:34; Matt 23:33; )
Was he co-existing with those who continue to practice lawlessness in his name? ( Matt 7:23; )
Was he worried about offending the money changers in the temple? ( John 2:15; )
Was he worried they might be traumatized by the harsh truth of hell? ( John 15:6; )
Was he religiously diverse when he said he was the ONLY way? ( John 14:6; )

Matt 10:34; "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

B A C I would like to use this as you have posted it. if you would not mind. If I can use this I would like to give credit for it, whom should I say composed it? This is deeply moving and it hits me in a special way. Blessings.

Loyal
B A C I would like to use this as you have posted it. if you would not mind. If I can use this I would like to give credit for it, whom should I say composed it? This is deeply moving and it hits me in a special way. Blessings.

Feel free, I don't know that this is my personal revelation. I have heard other Christians and even pastors say similar thoughts if not those exact words.

Active
Incidents of persecution of Christians rose by about 42 percent last year compared with 2011, according to the report by human rights group China Aid. Many of these incidents involved groups of Christians. In total, the number of individual persecuted Christians rose by roughly 14 percent and total individual detentions increased by nearly 12 percent. China Aid said overall total persecution in six categories was about 13 percent worse than in 2011 -- though China Aid termed its statistics just "the tip of the iceberg."

At least 132 incidents of persecution affecting 4,919 Christians -- 442 of whom were clergy -- were reported in the country last year, according to China Aid's annual report. The Texas-based group tracked detention of at least 1,441 Christians, the sentencing of nine of them, and the abuse (verbal, mental and physical, including beatings and torture) of 37 Christians.

The recent appointment of Xi Jinping as the new leader of China's Communist Party has made no difference in treatment of Christians, said a member of the Shouwang Church in Beijing, a congregation authorities have harassed for more than two years.

The continued rise of persecution is not the only dynamic raising serious concerns; authorities have targeted unregistered house churches in a planned manner....In 2008 and 2009, officials "targeted house church leaders and churches in urban areas," China Aid notes. In 2010, they "attacked Christian human rights lawyers groups and using abuse, torture and mafia tactics." The focus in 2011 was on increasing the intensity of attacks against Christians and house churches.

In 2012, a new three-phase approach was adopted to wipe out unregistered house churches, which the government saw as a hostile group of dissenters, and force them to join the official Three-Self Patriotic Movement (TSPM) church system. In the first phase, from January 2012 to June, the State Administration for Religious Affairs (SARA) secretly investigated house churches across the country and created files on them, the report says. This was followed by a wave of crackdowns on house churches, which has continued into 2013, as part of the second phase. The second phase will also entail strongly encouraging unregistered churches to become part of the TSPM-at which point they would become known as "house gatherings," with the government banning the term "house churches."

Some house churches have registered with authorities to avoid arrests and harassment, but most do not as they object to the beliefs and controls of some TPSM leaders. Barriers to evangelical churches registering with the TSPM include theological differences, adverse consequences if they reveal names and addresses of church leaders or members, and government control of sermon content.

The number of Protestant house-church Christians has been estimated at between 45 million and 60 million.

How China Plans to Wipe Out House Churches | Christianity Today ;
Actually Stephen, the persecution of House Churches can be dated back to at least the 1950s when Watchman Née was arrested and sentenced to 15 years. After ten years he was offered his freedom if he would publicly renounce his faith. He refused and continued in prison until his death ten years later. I often wonder, how many prisoners were saved in that prison during those. 20 years. Blessings

Heavenly Father we commit the Chinese Christian's into your care and keeping..at this time in the world. We stand against un-belief and all Satanic opposition in the mighty Name of our Saviour Jesus.......Amen.......Lord Jesus help your church we pray...... today