• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

How can the rapture be imminent ???

Loyal
the theory with the pre trib rapture from my understanding is that is can happen at any time.

That seems not to line up with my understanding of scripture, in the below verse it says a trumpet has to be sound, to me this suggest the last trumpet ending the tribulation, and it says the dead in Christ have to rise first. Those are two things that have not happened to my knowledge, so how does the pre trib rapture become imminent??

I think this is the trumpet it is referring to

1 Corinthians 15:52……..In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

Revelation 11:15
Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.”

Now we have something else that has to happen before the rapture occurs the dead in Christ have to receive there glorified bodies, and again we have the trumpet at the end of tribilation. It says those who are left will be caught up together, to me that sounds like those who are left is referring to the the end off the tribulation

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 …….For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

I respect all opions on this and only search for the truth, not looking to argue with people because they disagree