• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

How can men be so evil?

Staff Member
And Saul sought to pin David to the wall with the spear, but he eluded Saul, so that he struck the spear into the wall. And David fled and escaped that night. 1 Samuel 19:10 ESV

Sadly, King Saul was not the first, and certainly not the last, ruler to descend into grave suspicion, growing madness, extreme violence, and worse.

Edward Gibbon’s The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire describes the turning point in Emperor Commodu’s character. Instead of celebrating his escape from assassination, Commodus descends into grave suspicion, growing madness, and extreme violence. The son of an acclaimed and well-respected emperor, Commodus, was the opposite. He led a reign of terror that would have slit Rome’s throat except for a second assassination attempt that succeeded in the wee hours of the new year AD 193.

How can men be so evil? In King Saul’s case, he turned away from God and lost His presence in his life. He then distrusted God all the more and gave into his base instincts. A man doesn’t have to rise to greatness before committing great sins. All such sins begin in the mind not focused on God and His Word.

Prayer: Lord, You want me to abhor evil in all its forms. I reject my suspicions of others.

Active
A better question might be how Holy is God.
He is Holy,holy,holy; we are Prophane and evil in comparison, but He loves us anyway!

Staff Member
A better question might be how Holy is God.
He is Holy,holy,holy; we are Prophane and evil in comparison, but He loves us anyway!
Dear Brother,
The question to me leads more to what possibly could move "man" away from a Holy God?
Saul is a good example for this, but surely within the annals of history not the sole purveyor of having done so.
There are others that have not humbled themselves before a Holy God, and paid the price for doing so. Some have
returned, but I believe not so many.

We as His Children need to place our trust fully, and completely on Him. Doing anything less, creates a crack by which
the adversary can, and will attempt his shenanigans' in the lives of man. By any means necessary too!

Yet, we can be comforted in the knowledge that as you say "He loves us anyway!" How Merciful a God we Serve! Alleluia!

Thanks for sharing brother!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
And Saul sought to pin David to the wall with the spear, but he eluded Saul, so that he struck the spear into the wall. And David fled and escaped that night. 1 Samuel 19:10 ESV

Sadly, King Saul was not the first, and certainly not the last, ruler to descend into grave suspicion, growing madness, extreme violence, and worse.

Edward Gibbon’s The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire describes the turning point in Emperor Commodu’s character. Instead of celebrating his escape from assassination, Commodus descends into grave suspicion, growing madness, and extreme violence. The son of an acclaimed and well-respected emperor, Commodus, was the opposite. He led a reign of terror that would have slit Rome’s throat except for a second assassination attempt that succeeded in the wee hours of the new year AD 193.

How can men be so evil? In King Saul’s case, he turned away from God and lost His presence in his life. He then distrusted God all the more and gave into his base instincts. A man doesn’t have to rise to greatness before committing great sins. All such sins begin in the mind not focused on God and His Word.

Prayer: Lord, You want me to abhor evil in all its forms. I reject my suspicions of others.
How can men be so evil? The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life, anger, envy, greed, gluttony, slothfulness, rejecting God and all that is true and holy and replacing it with a lie.

Saul had something he never asked for, but when he had it he wanted to keep it, so he determined to do as he pleased. As a result, he displeased God. Saul got used to the prestige and power he possessed that it puffed him up in pride to the point of wickedness. As a result, Saul's pride prevented him from doing what was right in the eyes of God.

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Dear Brother,
The question to me leads more to what possibly could move "man" away from a Holy God?
Saul is a good example for this, but surely within the annals of history not the sole purveyor of having done so.
There are others that have not humbled themselves before a Holy God, and paid the price for doing so. Some have
returned, but I believe not so many.

We as His Children need to place our trust fully, and completely on Him. Doing anything less, creates a crack by which
the adversary can, and will attempt his shenanigans' in the lives of man. By any means necessary too!

Yet, we can be comforted in the knowledge that as you say "He loves us anyway!" How Merciful a God we Serve! Alleluia!

Thanks for sharing brother!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Answer: Eve :eyes:

Active
How can men be so evil? The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life, anger, envy, greed, gluttony, slothfulness, rejecting God and all that is true and holy and replacing it with a lie.

Saul had something he never asked for, but when he had it he wanted to keep it, so he determined to do as he pleased. As a result, he displeased God. Saul got used to the prestige and power he possessed that it puffed him up in pride to the point of wickedness. As a result, Saul's pride prevented him from doing what was right in the eyes of God.

Blessings
At best, we can never be in the presence of a Holy God.
His solution, He devised a plan, by His Grace, even before He created anything, was to Glorify us in His presence!!!

Staff Member

Answer: Eve :eyes:
Might also help move you to God brother! :)

My mother comes to mind. Not only did her faith move me, but it was a witness to my earthly father. Who eventually came to the Lord, and was baptized in his middle to late 60's because of her faithfulness to God's Word!

I guess we can look at it as the glass either being half full or half empty! :)

Truthfully, I'm just glad God has allowed us the filling by which we may glorify Him all the more!

Love you brother!
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
Might also help move you to God brother! :)

My mother comes to mind. Not only did her faith move me, but it was a witness to my earthly father. Who eventually came to the Lord, and was baptized in his middle to late 60's because of her faithfulness to God's Word!

I guess we can look at it as the glass either being half full or half empty! :)

Truthfully, I'm just glad God has allowed us the filling by which we may glorify Him all the more!

Love you brother!
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
So true:)