• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How can I believe that Jesus is God? Is salvation still a possibility or am I a lost cause?

In my years with God, I have backslide many times and fell into sexual sin.

I lost the desire to find God and Jesus Christ again.
I can't read my Bible and pray. Seeking God seems impossible for me as I just wait until I die and burn alive. I don't know if God even has a plan for my life anymore because I cry and suffer all the time in mental anguish because of this sorrow that I have in my life.

I have sinned too much and I believe that the Lord can't forgive me.
I believe that I am the worst sinner than Hitler or some Mafia lord. I lost my emotions of feeling happy, sad, peace and all the other positive things that I should feel.
I also feel like I blasphemed the Holy Spirit by doing exactly what they pharisees did and I believe I am guilty of an eternal sin.

My heart is way too hardened because repentance is a difficult thing for me to produce. Genuine repentance from the heart is impossible.

I struggle with sexual sin everyday and I don't have plans of stopping. I think that I really can't be saved.

I grew up in a Christian family and loved Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. I loved him until I heard of the unforgivable sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is believing that the works of the Holy Spirit are demonic. I think that I first started having these thoughts when I was a kid at 14 after hearing about the unforgivable sin. Then I started having this and it turned into doubts and then into beliefs but I tried to rebuke it and it was too late. My fate has been sealed forever. I tried to come to Jesus Christ but it's like I have an intellectual belief and not a heartfelt conviction about him. The power of God's Spirit isn't working in my heart and I have not became a changed human being at all. I am still stuck in my dead sins and I feel completely spiritually dead.
My soul and spirit is so dry and I feel so emotionless. The conviction and guilt to stop my sins has died out and I used to feel sorry for my sins. The power of God has abandoned me.

What should I do?

Active
We only understand a sliver of what and who God is.
When the Creator spoke everything into existence it's impossible to comprehend.
The Trinity has always existed before there was Time, Space, or Matter; another fact that cannot be comprehended.
There is so much evidence for God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and everything in the Bible. The Bible is a historic and religious book. The originals don't exist anymore b/c once something gets old enough it falls apart. The copies of copies we have must be preserved or they too will eventually fall apart. I'm sure seeing a 3000 year old book of the Bible would be some help but ultimately you have to look at both: Evidence and Faith.
The Big Bang?
You can start here: https://www.andrewcorbett.net/articles/apologetics/5-proofs-for-the-existence-of-god/

Second: Secrets of the Cosmos that Confirm the Bible - Dr. Jason Lisle

Think of the 2nd one as a college class. Plenty of evidence here as well and there is a lot more. Faith in God is more than just evidence or words on paper. Once you know where and how everything started everything else falls into place.
People tend to develop their faith over time.
Jesus spoke in parables at times to teach something. He spoke in lay terms b/c you can't teach someone a general level by speaking on an expert level. He had to teach the disciples to do what He did.
No one can truly tell you and only God knows where you stand. Learn. Improve. Do better.

Active
In my years with God, I have backslide many times and fell into sexual sin. I lost the desire to find God and Jesus Christ again. I can't read my Bible and pray. Seeking God seems impossible for me as I just wait until I die and burn alive. I don't know if God even has a plan for my life anymore because I cry and suffer all the time in mental anguish because of this sorrow that I have in my life. I have sinned too much and I believe that the Lord can't forgive me. I believe that I am the worst sinner than Hitler or some Mafia lord. I lost my emotions of feeling happy, sad, peace and all the other positive things that I should feel. I also feel like I blasphemed the Holy Spirit by doing exactly what they pharisees did and I believe I am guilty of an eternal sin. My heart is way too hardened because repentance is a difficult thing for me to produce. Genuine repentance from the heart is impossible. I struggle with sexual sin everyday and I don't have plans of stopping. I think that I really can't be saved. I grew up in a Christian family and loved Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. I loved him until I heard of the unforgivable sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is believing that the works of the Holy Spirit are demonic. I think that I first started having these thoughts when I was a kid at 14 after hearing about the unforgivable sin. Then I started having this and it turned into doubts and then into beliefs but I tried to rebuke it and it was too late. My fate has been sealed forever. I tried to come to Jesus Christ but it's like I have an intellectual belief and not a heartfelt conviction about him. The power of God's Spirit isn't working in my heart and I have not became a changed human being at all. I am still stuck in my dead sins and I feel completely spiritually dead. My soul and spirit is so dry and I feel so emotionless. The conviction and guilt to stop my sins has died out and I used to feel sorry for my sins. The power of God has abandoned me. What should I do?
I was a believer since I was a tot, but by the time I was in high school, I was led astray by the infirmity in my flesh, the world, and the rationalizing compromising and yet religious church. I felt like a fraud in trying to keep that commitment to make Jesus Lord of my life. Like a yo yo, I was sorry for my sexual sins of uncleanness, then I ask Jesus for forgiveness, but then when I feel like He is helping me to go on, I showed my appreciation by trying to keep that commitment in making Him Lord of my life again and wind up failing again.

Same thing with the words of my mouth. I had picked up a habit of cussing out loud when no one was around out at the warehouse I was managing until one day I read a pamphlet from Bill Rudge Ministries with scripture convicting me of the words of my mouth, BUT in the back of the pamphlet, it led me to make a covenant with my mouth of which I had applied as not to cuss any more out at the warehouse. I was worse the very next day.

Thoughts were coming into my head that I was not His for if I was His, He would have helped me to keep my covenant. I was at my wits end until I prayed to the Lord, "Why aren't you helping me?? You know I do not want to do this."

A small still voice answered, it was not audible but I heard that voice saying, "You made the covenant. You said you were going to do it. I made the covenant with you and I said I am going to do it. All I ask is for you to believe in Me."

I was humbled that day and when Promise Keepers movement was in the valley and my former Presbyterian church was going to be the center for it, I felt led to warn others. At that time I was attending 2 Bible study groups that were Pentecostal/Charismatic and the men there were talking about the PK movements in both Bible studies. One said they knew better to make promises to God but just made promises to man for man to hold them accountable while the other group said it was about making promises to God because man cannot be there for you all the time. Although I never been to one PK meeting or convention, I can read and I knew it was about making promises to both God and men.

When I was trying to warn them, one Catholic Mason in one group said to me "Isn't a commitment like a promise?" Then he answered while I was taken aback, "Sure it is". Then I finally realized my error way back then in trying to keep that commitment in making Jesus Lord of my life. It was then the Lord set me free from all man made yokes of bondages to do His work in me so I can rest in Him and His word to me that He will do it.

It took Him a long time for me to be set free from my vain religious striving to believing in Him to help me to follow Him by laying aside every weight & sin daily in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

The other thing Jesus helped me with was from following any of these movements of the "spirit" which they claim is the Holy Spirit but it is not when saved believers lose self control and fall like that in slain in the spirit, holy laughter movement, Pensacola Outpouring, Toronto's Blessings, Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade, or seeking the sign of tongues at their salvation or seeking another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues; they are apostasy.

The real indwelling Holy Spirit would always keep the spotlight on the Son in worship in testifying of Him in bringing Him glory through us in worship as well as in ministry and so it is the spirit of the antichrist that "visits" with signs and lying wonders to take believers focus and sights off of the Son in worship to chasing after them to receive for a sign. That is what an antichrist mean in scripture and actually does as in "instead of Christ":

I was reading something in the Upper Room or the Daily Bread that impressed upon me the urgency of answering that question. Decide this day whom you will serve; the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name. I said "you of course," but the sense of urgency was still there. And so I prayed "Please help me to do this". That sense of urgency left and sure enough, a week later while vacation with my folks in Missouri several states away, the holy laughter movement was in my aunt's church. I did not know what was going on and I did not connect the warning prior to that event but sure enough, He helped me not to fall supernaturally to that movement to serve that movement in seeking the glory of that movement.

Looking back, I felt stupid and I was like Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde when I was religiously striving against sexual sins. How can I nor any one believe in their own sincerity & will power to follow Him? If we could not save ourselves, then how can we even hope to follow Him? And so we have to surrender to the fact that we cannot follow Him any more than we can save ourselves so we can trust in Him as our Saviour & Good Shepherd to do it.

I need His help everyday in following Him, and so I am to suffer while ceasing from sin by Him helping me put away all provision for the flesh, and keep my mind on good things as He will give me the strength and His peace to get through any storm in my life because He is helping me to trust Him as my Good Shepherd and not just as my Saviour.

Since you posted what you did, you are really calling for help and so not entirely without conviction. Those who are past help, wouldn't even bother posting what you did. You may be doubting yourself as I do in looking to myself to stop sinning, but we are to look to Jesus, praying to Him for help to stop sinning. That is His purpose to destroy the works of the devil in our lives so we can follow Him, even those that have gone astray like you and me.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure....
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage....
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

So no. It is not too late for you. May He help you to see all the hopes you can have in Him for all things and set you free from your sins.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Think of living that reconcile relationship with God thru Jesus Christ as He helps us to follow Him in laying aside every weight ( provision for the flesh ) & sin daily as that is what that race is all about.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith
; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 4:1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Romans 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

So ask Him for help today to put away all the provision for the flesh, to cast down wicked thoughts, and to think on good things.

May God bless you & keep you. May He shine His face upon you & give you His peace.

No matter what you have done in the past, believe Him in His words that when you confess your sins, He will forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Active
In my years with God, I have backslide many times and fell into sexual sin. I lost the desire to find God and Jesus Christ again. I can't read my Bible and pray. Seeking God seems impossible for me as I just wait until I die and burn alive. I don't know if God even has a plan for my life anymore because I cry and suffer all the time in mental anguish because of this sorrow that I have in my life. I have sinned too much and I believe that the Lord can't forgive me. I believe that I am the worst sinner than Hitler or some Mafia lord. I lost my emotions of feeling happy, sad, peace and all the other positive things that I should feel. I also feel like I blasphemed the Holy Spirit by doing exactly what they pharisees did and I believe I am guilty of an eternal sin. My heart is way too hardened because repentance is a difficult thing for me to produce. Genuine repentance from the heart is impossible. I struggle with sexual sin everyday and I don't have plans of stopping. I think that I really can't be saved. I grew up in a Christian family and loved Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. I loved him until I heard of the unforgivable sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is believing that the works of the Holy Spirit are demonic. I think that I first started having these thoughts when I was a kid at 14 after hearing about the unforgivable sin. Then I started having this and it turned into doubts and then into beliefs but I tried to rebuke it and it was too late. My fate has been sealed forever. I tried to come to Jesus Christ but it's like I have an intellectual belief and not a heartfelt conviction about him. The power of God's Spirit isn't working in my heart and I have not became a changed human being at all. I am still stuck in my dead sins and I feel completely spiritually dead. My soul and spirit is so dry and I feel so emotionless. The conviction and guilt to stop my sins has died out and I used to feel sorry for my sins. The power of God has abandoned me. What should I do?
If you're still CONCERNED about it, then you're not beyond hope. If you HAD committed the "Unforgivable Sin", you'd not give ANY OF IT a second thought, because the Holy Spirit would no longer be affecting you.

Loyal
I am going to make this short and sweet.

You never had a “Conversion” you never was a True Believer but a somewhat believer in The Ways of Jesus. prescribed by The Bible concerning Bibical truth.

You know about hell, and that you believe.

That is a heathy belief. And you know it is the Truth!

Now your prayer, Help me LORD, Change Me, I cannot change myself. created in me A clean Heart. Make yourself “REAL TO me” You Reveal Yourself To Me!
That I may know Beyond The Shadow of doubt!

LORD!
I want to more than to believe it, I want TO KNOW IT!

You cry day and night.

For GOD has given you a Healthy Fear.

Do not let the Devil give you a False belief he will.

GOD will Give you The “ASSURANCE” He will give you “THE PARAKLETOS”!

It it is more “POWERFUL” That The Testimony of men!

Do not seek men to assure you concerning your “Belief in Christ” that JOB belongs To “The PARAKLETOS”!

You will know when the gift is given. You will be empowered from on HIGH!

Active
I am going to make this short and sweet.

You never had a “Conversion” you never was a True Believer but a somewhat believer in The Ways of Jesus. prescribed by The Bible concerning Bibical truth.

You know about hell, and that you believe.

That is a heathy belief. And you know it is the Truth!

Now your prayer, Help me LORD, Change Me, I cannot change myself. created in me A clean Heart. Make yourself “REAL TO me” You Reveal Yourself To Me!
That I may know Beyond The Shadow of doubt!

LORD!
I want to more than to believe it, I want TO KNOW IT!

You cry day and night.

For GOD has given you a Healthy Fear.

Do not let the Devil give you a False belief he will.

GOD will Give you The “ASSURANCE” He will give you “THE PARAKLETOS”!

It it is more “POWERFUL” That The Testimony of men!

Do not seek men to assure you concerning your “Belief in Christ” that JOB belongs To “The PARAKLETOS”!

You will know when the gift is given. You will be empowered from on HIGH!
Hardly sweet to say he never had a conversion as born again of the Spirit or he never was a true believer, that is something no believer should say to another believer.

Paul was addressing a prophetic falling away from the faith in the latter days that was even happening in his day...

2 Thessalonians 2:1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, ..........

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The above is happening now when seekers or saved believers seek to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign either at their salvation moment or to get that "other" baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues. And it doesn't stop there either. They continue to seek to receive the Holy Spirit by other signs too in losing self control and fall as they do in seeking tongues like in slain in the spirit, holy laughter movement, Pensacola Outpouring, Toronto's Blessings, Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade and others. This is the lie that God will permit seekers and saved believers to suffer that grand delusion for believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit after a sign as the world does in seeking spirits.

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

So regardless of the falling away from the faith that was happening in Paul's day, he reminded believers of the tradition taught of us to expose that lie because there is only one time a believer will receive the sancitification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth and that is at the calling of the gospel.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Paul goes on to address those that have fallen away from the faith and no longer walking after the traditions taught of us that we are commanded by the Lord to withdraw from them, but not to treat them as the enemy, but to admonish them as brothers because they are still brothers for why they are still saved but at risk of being left behind at the rapture event unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.
5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

See that? Although fallen away from the faith and no longer walking after the traditions taught of us, he is still a brother, but just as we are commanded to withdraw from them, so will they be excommunicated by Him from attending the Marriage Supper above as disqualified unless they turn to Him for help to see the truth and to depart from that tongue for private use and from seeking to receive spirits after the fashion & rudiment of the world.

Colossians 2:
5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

So just because a brother has fallen away into sin and is a slave to sin again, it does not mean he was never saved nor does it mean God cannot recover him from the snare of the devil.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Active
Ask Jesus Christ for help & trust Him to be your Good Shepherd & Friend to help you to follow Him every day, in laying aside every weight & sin, to cast down wicked thoughts, and think on good things. I do.

You may have unclean spirits for why you should look to Him to deliver your from them and not just delivering you from your sins.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure...
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Active
I am not sure if masturbation is the sexual sin you are having trouble with and becoming indifferent towards, but...

In regards to masturbation being done without lust, I should point out that eventually, after a series of time of doing masturbation by way of lust, the temptation to do it can come by way of certain "triggers" whereby one is yielding to the infirmity in the flesh to masturbate or to commit uncleanness.

Triggers can be anything from sight, sound, smell, or the environment, that may remind the body of being in the throes of uncleanness that it reacts as if in Post Traumatic Stress, not that they see it that way, but the mind and the body remembers.

Indeed, one can even be engaging in lasciviousness in imaginations of the pride of life as well as youthful lust that one can get urges towards the same sex and yet have no mental desire or mental attraction to the same sex; but the body just react to having been turned on and looking for something to consume its lust upon or utilize in its imaginations upon by which the urge comes forth. One can understand why God would give such a person up to a reprobate mind to do that which is not convenient and burn towards the same sex.

Jesus can deliver any one from being a dog that returns to his vomit because I was that dog. He is keeping me from my sins in both mind and body. That is His job I am trusting Him to do as I want Him to help me to follow Him as my Friend.

zack1900 - You may not believe this, but I was to a large extent "stuck" where you are, and the Lord helped me when I couldn't even dream it was possible. I am not going to "poo poo" anything you have said, I understand where you are at.

I had grown up in church, had multiple awesome experiences in the Lord, knew the goodness of His presence. But when you have these opportunities it paints a spiritual "bullseye" on your back and "the other guy" will bomb your heart and mind every rotten, evil condemning voice to get you to turn back, to quit, to let go of the Lord.

In December 1992, I was very back slidden, away from God. I married an unbeliever who had been divorced and had 2 children growing up without the Lord. Christmas was coming and I remember praying "I wish we could honor the LORD, but none of us were walking with Him." I went in my office and began to pray seriously for the first time in years, and the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the scriptures in Hebrews about a "New Covenant" where He promised to put His laws in their minds and write it on their hearts. He says it is not like the old covenant that they did not keep and He was not pleased with them. In this one He promises to write it on my heart.

I told Him something like "I tried to be a good Christian for so long... if you want me, you will have to do it in me." And on the following year, He did that. A lot most of the sin "fell off", He was so patient.

I won't tell you that sexual sin is no big deal. You clearly know the scriptures and know that it is. What I am telling you is Jesus is bigger than that sin I don't care how big it is ...

As far as committing the unforgivable sin ... the scripture says "if we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Jesus also stated in the New Testament that "the scripture cannot be broken." Brother I would say these thoughts accusing you come from the enemy and when he speaks it is a lie. If you are willing to confess your sin, He is willing to forgive you. Period. I firmly believe if you had actually blasphemed the Holy Spirit, you would no admit it.

So I am pleading with you ... come to the throne of grace. In Hebrews it says "Let us then draw near with confidence to the throne of grace to receive mercy and grace to help in time of need." "Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25 ESV).

I want to pray for you now if ok. "Father, in the name of Jesus I break the demonic hold off of my brother and command them to leave. I pray my brother would know and believe your mercy and forgiveness and your love, and that would fill His heart and life. I pray my brother would be filled with the Holy Spirit in place of all the evil the enemy would try to bombard him with. Father, set him free and forgive his sin completely I ask in the name of Jesus."

Brother, don't give up. Keep reaching out to Him first of all and keep coming to that throne of grace every day, multiple times per day if need be. He is able to save to the UTTERMOST (completely, forever).

Active
I pray my brother would be filled with the Holy Spirit in place of all the evil the enemy would try to bombard him with. Father, set him free and forgive his sin completely I ask in the name of Jesus."
Since he has been saved, he has always been filled with the Holy Spirit since salvation, but was sowing to the works of the flesh in reaping corruption. Our brother just need to realize that the Holy Spirit in him is not going anywhere for why he should hope in Jesus Christ to set him free from those sins.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:..
...11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
Brother, don't give up. Keep reaching out to Him first of all and keep coming to that throne of grace every day, multiple times per day if need be. He is able to save to the UTTERMOST (completely, forever).
Amen, Brother. What seems impossible with men, is possible with God.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Loyal
What should I do?
Repent !
Luke 15:11 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons.
:12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them.
13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living.
14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need.
15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs.
16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.
17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.
19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’
20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
22 But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.
23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate.
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate.

Staff Member
Greetings @zack1900

I can't read my Bible and pray. Seeking God seems impossible for me as I just wait until I die and burn alive. I don't know if God even has a plan for my life anymore because I cry and suffer all the time in mental anguish because of this sorrow that I have in my life.

I believe that I am the worst sinner than Hitler or some Mafia lord. I lost my emotions of feeling happy, sad, peace and all the other positive things that I should feel.
I also feel like I blasphemed the Holy Spirit by doing exactly what they pharisees did and I believe I am guilty of an eternal sin.

My heart is way too hardened because repentance is a difficult thing for me to produce. Genuine repentance from the heart is impossible.

I struggle with sexual sin everyday and I don't have plans of stopping. I think that I really can't be saved.

I grew up in a Christian family and loved Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. I loved him until I heard of the unforgivable sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is believing that the works of the Holy Spirit are demonic. I think that I first started having these thoughts when I was a kid at 14 after hearing about the unforgivable sin. Then I started having this and it turned into doubts and then into beliefs but I tried to rebuke it and it was too late. My fate has been sealed forever. I tried to come to Jesus Christ but it's like I have an intellectual belief and not a heartfelt conviction about him. The power of God's Spirit isn't working in my heart and I have not became a changed human being at all. I am still stuck in my dead sins and I feel completely spiritually dead.
My soul and spirit is so dry and I feel so emotionless. The conviction and guilt to stop my sins has died out and I used to feel sorry for my sins. The power of God has abandoned me.

What should I do?

Do you care?

Bless you ....><>

Active
Repent !
Luke 15:11 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons.
:12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them.
13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living.
14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need.
15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs.
16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.
17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.
19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’
20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
22 But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.
23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate.
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate.
The parable of the prodigal son is a testimony about how he had taken his inheritance and spent it on wild living and can never get it back, but when he had returned, he had found that he was not only welcomed, but still a son.

This is applied to those unrepentant saints & former believers left behind as denied by Him as the iniquity they are in denies Him, & not just former believers denying Him verbally but yet He still abides in those saints left behind.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

The eternal glory that comes with our salvation is to depart from iniquity so they can be received by Him as that vessel unto honor in His House at the rapture event.

That is why we are to endure all things for the elect's sake, even former believers, in calling them to turn to Christ Jesus for the truth and His help to depart from iniquity so they too can be vessels unto honor in His House.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,
The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour,
sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

So there is hope in Jesus Christ for God to recover @zach1900 from this snare of the devil to no longer become the prodigal son, but the son that returned home by His grace & by His help with his inheritance restored to be that vessel unto honor in His House.

Active

What should I do?
I do not know if you edit your post for paragraphs now or a staff member did it for you. Usually one cannot edit a post after a certain time limit like under an hour.

But in case you are still coming here or at least reading it from the outside looking in, in dealing with being in heat, or the body just leading you to uncleanness out of habit, the Lord led me in a dream to go jogging. In the dream I was jogging and came across three dead snakes in a circle on the road as I had to stepped over them. Each of the tail of the 3 snakes was wrapped around the other snake's head as if choking that snake, forming this circle of 3 snakes choking each other to death. Anyway, the dream led me to go jogging in real life to deal with being in heat.

After not having done it for a while, when I got in the shower, I noticed my hands & forearms were trembling as if jogging 2 miles served as a shock to my system. It did work in getting rid of being in heat, but I should point out that I was praying the whole time I was jogging for the Lord to give me strength and to get me over this as I hoped in Him that the dream was sent from Him for me to do this in getting rid of being in heat. Even after that, it seemed I am praying to the Lord all the time to help me go jogging even when I am not in heat. I do thank Him when I complete the 2 mile jog. I am thankful for Him reminding me to thank Him.

Although I had not done it for a while, it is good to check with the doctor first before embarking on such an exercise if you never jogged or run before.

The jury is still out on cold showers though. It can shock the body's system but I cannot recall doing it that I noticed the immediate effectiveness of it, but I suppose that would be safer than jogging if you cannot go jogging because of your health.

I do not know if masturbation is the sexual sin or you are engaged in other sexual sins, but just sharing what the Lord shared with me to do for the body when in heat rather than give in to its demands or its habit to commit sin.

Running that race is what discipleship is all about and sometime I find myself praying to get through an ordeal in life as if I am running it relying on the Lord's help & strength to get me through it to the end & to thank Him for it too.

PAH

The spirit is willing but the body is weak.
Pay attention to your spirit through prayer and meditation.
Your guardian angel will always guide and show who you can become (your ideal self).

Psalms 91:11 “For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. ”

Acts 12:14-15 (14) When she recognized Peter’s voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, “Peter is at the door!” (15) “You’re out of your mind,” they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, “It must be his angel.”

Loyal

What should I do?

What should I do?
Hello @zach1900,

Your initial post was entered in August. How are you now?

Within the love of Christ our Saviour
Our Lord and Head.
Chris

What should I do?
Beliving in Jesus means loving Him and serving Him. Love to God is the scacred activity. If you love God then you will serve Him that too without expecting anything in return from Him.

Loyal
Beliving in Jesus means loving Him and serving Him. Love to God is the sacred activity. If you love God then you will serve Him that too without expecting anything in return from Him.
Hello @dattaswami2,

With respect, believing in Jesus is not necessarily accompanied by any emotion except an overwhelming gratitude: It simply means that you have heard the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and have believed what He said. Recognising in doing so that you are indeed a sinner in need of His saving grace, you acknowledge Him as your Saviour, and honour Him as your Lord. It is He Who forgives us for all our sin. The Love is all His, for it is He Who gave His life for us, it is He Who gives us eyes to see and ears to hear, and a heart open to receive Him. We are the recipients of His grace, and the objects of His love. The work is all His. We simply trust in Him to keep His word.

It is He Who died, and we died in Him, it is He who Was buried, and we were buried with Him, it is He Who was quickened and rose from the dead, and we in Him, and it is in Him also that we now walk in newness of life before the Father. All His work. Praise His Holy Name!

We are His workmanship from salvation to life eternal.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @dattaswami2,

With respect, believing in Jesus is not necessarily accompanied by any emotion except an overwhelming gratitude: It simply means that you have heard the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and have believed what He said. Recognising in doing so that you are indeed a sinner in need of His saving grace, you acknowledge Him as your Saviour, and honour Him as your Lord. It is He Who forgives us for all our sin. The Love is all His, for it is He Who gave His life for us, it is He Who gives us eyes to see and ears to hear, and a heart open to receive Him. We are the recipients of His grace, and the objects of His love. The work is all His. We simply trust in Him to keep His word.

It is He Who died, and we died in Him, it is He who Was buried, and we were buried with Him, it is He Who was quickened and rose from the dead, and we in Him, and it is in Him also that we now walk in newness of life before the Father. All His work. Praise His Holy Name!

We are His workmanship from salvation to life eternal.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Excellent i totally agree with you. Praise to Lord Jesus!:sun:
:sun: