• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How am I ready for my time to die?

The reason why I ask this, is because I've prayed about it to the lord to correct me on things for what I sin but even I may not know because I know it is the culture I grew up out of and may not find it bad even it is and I discover two new sin that I been doing, a new one I discover yesterday and I guest last week or few days ago.. But I know I'm still struggle on one sin the most that is the most hardest one of all but not really understanding what humble is for me and that hold pridefull stuff because I think that I guest that I’m guessing to what I think it is, but it is scary to think I’m must be deceiving myself but the most part to which I fail again today on is that hardest sin of all which my addiction problems, but um being a Christian is not easy for me but even for I wish is be to become easy but is really not which it been really tough but that really made me think of saying " Oh, Am I ready to die but if I die how am I sure I‘m going to heaven" and that question dose sound scary because I think half of the time that I don‘t what I am doing and may have sin or something.

I know I may need allot of prayer but also I recognize that I need to pray more for myself also and I hardly don’t pray or read my bible as much as I use to but then I know back in the day I’ve seem a bit the same but it hard to live in a house hold where everybody seem like demon possesses, I think? But what ever, its been hard of everything, everything got to be hard on me sometimes, is like you know something really good post to happen such good blessing coming my way and even in my deliverance thought it is not there just yet, but man that’s when Satan shows up to stop by and him going and keep me in bondage and put into a place of growing slower and pressure and going forth of being under attack and make it more harder before I make a slip to fail. I want to be successful Christian of those things of my life and be free from it and take a smooth walk, but I guest I have a un normal Christian walk right now...:embarasse

Last edited:
I will be praying that God will help you with these sins. I know that if we submit to the Lord, the devil will flee because scriptures tells us that. Scripture is always 100% correct. God is a powerful God and He can help you in your times of trouble, brother.

James 4:7
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." KJV

Joshua 1:9
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." KJV

You are realizing your sins and that is good. The Bible tells us to repent of our sins. That means to ask forgiveness for our sins, then turn from them. As Christians, we must hate the things God hates and love the things God loves. I recommend watching that video I posted called "Paul Washer Project".

Try to always be thinking about God. Have conversations with Him in your head all through the day. Pray before meals, thank God when he blesses you, thank God when you go through something horrible because you're going to be stronger afterwards. Praying can help prevent sin.

Also keep in mind that everyone sins. Everyone on talkJesus sins and I bet we would be suprised if we knew everything about everyone. I'm not saying the people on talkJesus are horrible lol. I'm sure they're great people, but I'm just letting you know, no one is perfect. Just keep on trusting God and keep your nose in your Bible. The Bible tells us to read scriptures daily and study to show ourselves approved.

2 Timothy 2:15
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." KJV

You're right about that scary feeling. Thinking that you really don't know where you're going to end up at when you die is really scary. Brother, I don't know your position on Eternal Salvation, but I want you to know that if you believe that Jesus, the son of God died on the cross for your sins, was buried and rose on the third day by the power of God, you will be saved from an Eternal Hell. His Blood saves you, it's not by how "good" you live your life that saves you. The way you know that you truly believe that is by looking at your life. When you sin does the Holy Spirit convict you of your sin and you feel bad afterwards? If you don't think you're truly saved, you better get on your knees and humble yourself before the Lord Almighty because if you don't in Hell you'll lift your eyes.

Also, I want to tell you something that helped me recently. Paul Washer preached a message about the love of God. Did you know God loves you know matter what if you're a Christian? If you're Born Again, God loves you when you're serving Him and He loves you the same when you're in the wrong. Don't let that get you slacking though because look what the Bible says about keeping the commandments of God.

Leviticus 22:31
"Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the LORD." KJV

I hope something I said helps, Stylez. God Bless you, brother.

Last edited:
I will be praying that God will help you with these sins. I know that if we submit to the Lord, the devil will flee because scriptures tells us that. Scripture is always 100% correct. God is a powerful God and He can help you in your times of trouble, brother.

James 4:7
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." KJV

Joshua 1:9
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." KJV

You are realizing your sins and that is good. The Bible tells us to repent of our sins. That means to ask forgiveness for our sins, then turn from them. As Christians, we must hate the things God hates and love the things God loves. I recommend watching that video I posted called "Paul Washer Project".

Try to always be thinking about God. Have conversations with Him in your head all through the day. Pray before meals, thank God when he blesses you, thank God when you go through something horrible because you're going to be stronger afterwards. Praying can help prevent sin.

Also keep in mind that everyone sins. Everyone on talkJesus sins and I bet we would be suprised if we knew everything about everyone. I'm not saying the people on talkJesus are horrible lol. I'm sure they're great people, but I'm just letting you know, no one is perfect. Just keep on trusting God and keep your nose in your Bible. The Bible tells us to read scriptures daily and study to show ourselves approved.

2 Timothy 2:15
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." KJV

You're right about that scary feeling. Thinking that you really don't know where you're going to end up at when you die is really scary. Brother, I don't know your position on Eternal Salvation, but I want you to know that if you believe that Jesus, the son of God died on the cross for your sins, was buried and rose on the third day by the power of God, you will be saved from an Eternal Hell. His Blood saves you, it's not by how "good" you live your life that saves you. The way you know that you truly believe that is by looking at your life. When you sin does the Holy Spirit convict you of your sin and you feel bad afterwards? If you don't think you're truly saved, you better get on your knees and humble yourself before the Lord Almighty because if you don't in Hell you'll lift your eyes.

Also, I want to tell you something that helped me recently. Paul Washer preached a message about the love of God. Did you know God loves you know matter what if you're a Christian? If you're Born Again, God loves you when you're serving Him and He loves you the same when you're in the wrong. Don't let that get you slacking though because look what the Bible says about keeping the commandments of God.

Leviticus 22:31
"Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the LORD." KJV

I hope something I said helps, Stylez. God Bless you, brother.
One more thing, what dose an humble person post to act, and what the pround and a prideful person looks like? I want to make sure how they are?

A great humble person in the Bible is Paul. Notice what he said in Romans 1:1...

Romans 1:1
"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God," KJV

Paul referred himself as a slave to Christ. He gave his life to spread the gospel of Christ. He gave glory not to himself, but to Christ.

A famous saying I hear a lot is this: "The way up is down."

For us to enter the gates of Heaven, we must first humble ourselves.

James 4:10
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." KJV

To be humble is to realize how low you are. We are filthy rags compared to Christ. We are sinners and deserve Hell. We sin against a Holy God daily. Realize that God is Holy. He is sinless. He is the great I AM.

This is us...

Isaiah 64:6
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." KJV

Romans 3:23
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" KJV

This is God...

1 John 3:5
"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." KJV

Psalms 99:9
"Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy." KJV

God Bless

Last edited:
It was a ok, but I still need to know what humble really mean as to what dose an image of a person is the post to be like and what kind of attitude the person is the post be like and plus I want to know for what the prideful person is and the proud person. because I need to know what James ch 4 is saying?

Last edited:
Hello Stylez4 Looking ay your profile I see that you are a student. A young man? A man in the prime of life?

OK so you are ready for your time to die! Amen....Amen

Be aware from me to you in the LOrd, there is a lot, plenty, so much, waiting for your hand, for you to do.

Along with Cody I too am praying for you........There is such a lot waiting for you alone........you alone......I mean no one else can do!

God Bless

Hello Stylez4 Looking ay your profile I see that you are a student. A young man? A man in the prime of life?

OK so you are ready for your time to die! Amen....Amen

Be aware from me to you in the LOrd, there is a lot, plenty, so much, waiting for your hand, for you to do.

Along with Cody I too am praying for you........There is such a lot waiting for you alone........you alone......I mean no one else can do!

God Bless
Well, I know I am ready when my time come, I'm pretty sure God will portect me from death but ummm I do feel like I am not like a little faith feeling; it is wired for to me feel that way but that feel must be the enemy telling to have small faith. I need to hear God more. How can I hear Gods voice...

Well, I know I am ready when my time come, I'm pretty sure God will portect me from death but ummm I do feel like I am not like a little faith feeling; it is wired for to me feel that way but that feel must be the enemy telling to have small faith. I need to hear God more. How can I hear Gods voice...

The best way to hear God is reading the Bible. Also, I recommend going somewhere by yourself in nature. Take your Bible and read some scripture. Then after you're done just have a conversation with God. It's such a blessing.

Re: Am I ready for my time to die?

Stylz:

Just a couple of points in response to your post: First, I've made it a habit to re-affirm my committment to the Lord Jesus on a daily basis (almost) and reading my Bible is my first priority every day - I don't allow anything to get in the way of that.

Secondly, no one (not even the devil himself) can keep you in bondage without your cooperation. If the people in that house are keeping you in bondage, it is because you are allowing it in some way. Read your Bible daily, even if you have to do it in the bathroom with the door locked. Spend time with other Christians outside of church, you need fellowship with other believers.

SLE

Hi brother Stylez ;) I still think you've got a cool member name.

Humbleness:
# low or inferior in station or quality; "a humble cottage"; "a lowly parish priest"; "a modest man of the people"; "small beginnings"
# marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful; "a humble apology"; "essentially humble...and self-effacing, he achieved the highest formal honors and distinctions"

Pridefulness:
# a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
# satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements; "he takes pride in his son's success"
# the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
# unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
# be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
# Pride refers to a strong sense of self-respect, a refusal to be humiliated as well as joy in the accomplishments of oneself or a person, group, or object that one identifies with.

You know what's funny? Look at what pride really is, the first description gives it:# a feeling of self-respect and personal worth.

You'd think that is okay right? You've got rights, right? You've got self-respect and you feel worth something right?

Only pride we are allowed to have, is pride in Jesus.

1 John 2:16 NKJV
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

1 Corinthians 15:31 NKJV
I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 The Message
But neither exile nor homecoming is the main thing. Cheerfully pleasing God is the main thing, and that's what we aim to do, regardless of our conditions. Sooner or later we'll all have to face God, regardless of our conditions. We will appear before Christ and take what's coming to us as a result of our actions, either good or bad.

11-14That keeps us vigilant, you can be sure. It's no light thing to know that we'll all one day stand in that place of Judgment. That's why we work urgently with everyone we meet to get them ready to face God. God alone knows how well we do this, but I hope you realize how much and deeply we care. We're not saying this to make ourselves look good to you. We just thought it would make you feel good, proud even, that we're on your side and not just nice to your face as so many people are. If I acted crazy, I did it for God; if I acted overly serious, I did it for you. Christ's love has moved me to such extremes. His love has the first and last word in everything we do.

Hi brother Stylez ;) I still think you've got a cool member name.

Humbleness:
# low or inferior in station or quality; "a humble cottage"; "a lowly parish priest"; "a modest man of the people"; "small beginnings"
# marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful; "a humble apology"; "essentially humble...and self-effacing, he achieved the highest formal honors and distinctions"

Pridefulness:
# a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
# satisfaction with your (or another's) achievements; "he takes pride in his son's success"
# the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
# unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
# be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
# Pride refers to a strong sense of self-respect, a refusal to be humiliated as well as joy in the accomplishments of oneself or a person, group, or object that one identifies with.

You know what's funny? Look at what pride really is, the first description gives it:# a feeling of self-respect and personal worth.

You'd think that is okay right? You've got rights, right? You've got self-respect and you feel worth something right?

Only pride we are allowed to have, is pride in Jesus.

1 John 2:16 NKJV
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

1 Corinthians 15:31 NKJV
I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 The Message
But neither exile nor homecoming is the main thing. Cheerfully pleasing God is the main thing, and that's what we aim to do, regardless of our conditions. Sooner or later we'll all have to face God, regardless of our conditions. We will appear before Christ and take what's coming to us as a result of our actions, either good or bad.

11-14That keeps us vigilant, you can be sure. It's no light thing to know that we'll all one day stand in that place of Judgment. That's why we work urgently with everyone we meet to get them ready to face God. God alone knows how well we do this, but I hope you realize how much and deeply we care. We're not saying this to make ourselves look good to you. We just thought it would make you feel good, proud even, that we're on your side and not just nice to your face as so many people are. If I acted crazy, I did it for God; if I acted overly serious, I did it for you. Christ's love has moved me to such extremes. His love has the first and last word in everything we do.
Ok, let me get this straight, Pride is like saying you can’t feel happy about your self? Or dose it mean like a person is happy about there self’s but look on as to there saying that there better then someone, right?
And, humble is like being peace and nice, right?

I am trying to understand, because of my ability on of trying to understand clearly because I know I have some low vocabulary issues…

Your vocabulary is fine.

Think about it this way.

There's two men. One enjoys drinking with his friends and having fun all the time.
The other man enjoys a few beers on occasion, but he knows he has responsibilities.

The man who likes having fun with his friends is prideful and boastful, he likes being loud, being the center of attention and he enjoys being the big guy in the crowd.

The man who doesn't party is lowly and meek, humble.

The difference between these two men isn't the drinking, or the alcohol, but what they have allowed in their lives. One man enjoys the friends, because he likes attention has great self esteem.

The other man, may very well be the "geek", but he still likes a beer or two. He hasn't allowed that to become corrupted by emotions and feelings, he stays true to his beliefs.

The whole thing comes down to value and self esteem, the key word being "self".

When we are part of Jesus' Kingdom, there is no room for ourselves, none at all.

Jesus said:

Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

What that means is, we must be prepared to suffer, we must be prepared to forget completely about ourselves, our only focus should be Jesus.

I'm not saying everyone should be a "geek", which is a bad word in itself. I am saying however, you should be prepared, today, if you are placed in a situation to defend your faith, you should suffer or even die for it.

Faith is nothing, faith in Jesus is everything.

If you place your faith in Jesus, you agree to the following:

Hebrews 12:2
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus will work in you, through you and with you. He will change you, shape you and form you.

Isiah said God was the potter, God is everlasting and He doesn't change. God, until this very day, changes people, sometimes He does it forcefully, like Jesus did with the Apostle Paul. He knocked him off his horse and told him what he did was wrong. How much more physical and forceful could God get?

Isaiah 64:8
But now, O LORD, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.

Faith in Jesus is all that's needed. So don't worry Stylez, stop worrying, I'm not even going to say let Jesus change you, because my friend, He will change you.

Stylz: Study the parable of the Pharisee And The Publican (Luke 18:9-14). That story shows us what pride is; the pride that God hates.

SLE

I may be wrong in my descriptions or definitions brother SLE, so I appreciate your correction if you have any.

One thing that I use to see the difference in pride is seeing what "dignity" is:

1 Timothy 3:8
Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain

To me, the word dignity means to look after yourself and have a good reputation or word, to have respect for God and other people.

I find it hard finding definitions for words located in the Bible and use google mainly, but it's got an extremely "worldy" approach, I'd appreciate some help in the right direction.

God bless
Much love
Faithful Son