Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Horn Players using and EWI?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by canada, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hi … are there any horn players using a Yamaha WX5 “EWI”?hese electronic wind instruments are fun to work with and was wondering what others may be using for “tone generators”?

I am using the Yamaha VL70M and am fairly satisfied with it.

2. Good morning Canada;

I appreciate your post is a bit long in the tooth, but I'll try anyway. Until today, I've never heard of a digital wind instrument. While Yamaha still makes the instrument, it no longer sells the VL70-m interface it recommended. How long have you been playing it? Can you emulate other instruments?

Like many others here, I've learned to play the radio, the TV, and a CD player. Seriously though, I have a trumpet with which I don't put near enough time on. I do have a DAW, Sonar X3, and a Yamaha digital piano. However, playing the piano is much like the trumpet and my fingers no longer reach the keys like they once did.

3. No, I haven't tried that. I find Yamaha French horns to be total junk anyway. I play a custom-built King Erocia-Fidelio, that it, two French horns cut down and reassembled into one.