Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Hope of Glory

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Born Again 2004, Dec 5, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
    Colossians 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

I have contemplated this on a many of occasions and, have come to the realization that we have no way of knowing how truly wonderful our glorification will be.
    • Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
    • John 20:26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"
    • 1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
    There are so many appropriate verse but. I will stick with these. We, although the highest form of life on earth, compared to Jesus Christ are a lowly and very imperfect creature. But God loves us and has some grandiose plans for our eternal future.
    Jesus has a very unique resurrected body. Apparently it can walk through walls and appear to others as human because he can be touched, talks and eats like they do....Not a ghost as he acclaims and I have never figured out the appearance of the clothes thing! Don't forget the Millennium Period, where it seems that resurrected Saints will be rubbing elbows with live humans.
    Anyway, at the time of our glorification ( perfection) we will do something that the Jew of the day trembled at...seeing God face to face! But , let's not forget we are dead physically and are in spirit.
    The most wondrous thing at this time, is that we will know God s well as he knows us.
    And , as Mercy Me sings, "I Can Only Imagine"....what an awesome world God will eventually create just for our resurrected bodies!......"Hope Of Glory"!

Gabriel Kinson likes this.
  2. It will be a wonderful time. I hope to be dancing and singing praises in His throne room for all eternity.