• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Honest Self-Examination

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and [your] joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:9-10 NKJV

Have you ever taken your car to the mechanic for routine maintenance only to receive the news that your vehicle has a serious issue that needs to be addressed right away? No one enjoys surprise expenses. Still it’s better to spend money on things that keep you and your family safe than to put off needed automotive repairs and be sorry about it later.

That same principle can be applied to your spiritual life as well.

In today’s scripture passage, James challenges his readers to engage in some deep, honest self-examination. He encourages you to pray like King David. He pleaded; “Search me, God, and know my heart…See if there is any offensive way in me” (Psalm 139:23-24 NIV). He says you should look at yourself with sometimes-painful honesty and appraise your thinking and actions. Make sure they are aligned with what God says He wants for His people.

Then you’ll have reason for true thanksgiving.

Prayer: Lord and God, help me humble myself before You and see my attitudes, thoughts, and actions as You see them. Thank You for Your promise to forgive my sin and to lift me up in Your way and in Your timing.

Christforever made such an important point! In our quest for God himself to search us,we must search us!( James 1:14-17) The abiding of Jesus lies in the TRUTH of Jesus! And we know truth sets us free in Jesus!( John 8:31-32) But what does that mean?? (Phil 4:7-9) Is it not true that as ones judges himself,one tends to judge another by the same merit?

Though they may not ever speak the truth as to the why of there judgement? hehe I am thankful to Jesus because as ( Rom 2:4) states,I need his grace and forbearance and long suffering everyday! Should we not be as Christ as called to be???( Gal 6:1)To restore,rather then condemn? I have found great peace within myself as well as for others by following this instruction.Thanks for the reminder Nick!