• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Homosexuality

Do you think homosexuals chose this lifestyle?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wanted to know your thoughts. One of my friends is having a survey on what we thing about homosexuals so I just wanted to know. If anyone wants to do the survey just email me.

Administrator
Staff Member
It all comes down to what GOD says about it, that is final. Not our opinions. Here is Scripture to better help you and your friends.

1 Corinthians 6:8-10

8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

God created man and woman to be together as one with GOD

Genesis 2:24-25
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a very powerful video testimony about a homosexual or x-homosexual,who was able to overcomr this problem. he said that it was not that God suddenly changed him so he no longer had urges for the opposite sex but that he simply made better choices. I'm not so sure that homosexuality is all learned (it sounds like it might be for your son though). I once saw a science program where they tested brains of homosexual people and also heterosxual and found something different in the brains of homosexuals. I dont remember the details so cannot be clear. Either way Jesus can certainly help your son overcome.
This video testimony was from someone called Cy Rogers (I think). It was very powerful. He seemed very feminie, really dramatic and theatrical but stressed that even so he was no longer a practising homosexual and had even gone on to get married and have children. There must be lots of people who could help your son. Ask Jesus to point you in the right direction for help. Blessings from Krizzie

I know a young man who is involved in the homosexual lifestyle. I say it this way because he has not practiced the sexual part of that lifestyle and only became involved with it because he was looking for social acceptance. Unfortunately he found it within this group.
God's word is extremely clear on this issue. It is an abomination before the Lord. Sodom and Gamorah were destroyed because of it. No one guilty of this sinful practice may enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
I will pray for your son as I am sure that you too are praying. Love your son, but reject the behavior. He will need to see and feel the love of God working through you if he is to be healed of this.

imready4thelord said:
I honostly don't thing they where born this way.
Why would God make a person against his standards?

It's the same with why did God make some people with both sexes? What are they supposed to do?

I don't quite know how to answer your question.
About all i can do is give my opinon,
God made man,
God made woman,
to me anything else would be a birth defect.

The way I see it is that the sex drive is warped in all of us, after the fall. None of us come upto that standard set in eden...a heterosexual, exclusive, permanent and loving relationship. with no sin to bring selfishness and quarreling and sexual quirks.

Not all of us struggle with sexual orientation, but all of us are wonky somewhere. It maybe lusting after someone other than our spouse, it may be getting a kick from seeing nudity, it may be getting a kick from dressing scantily to attract others, it may be even something as common as relating emotionally to someone other than our spouse, or selfishness in bed, or finding sex distasteful and dirty, or using sex as a weapon...none of this is God's version of sex.

Some of these things may be with us from birth, or even in our genes, like those who have both male and female organs, and arguably, homosexuality. The fact is that God allowed our bodies, as well as our souls, to be warped after the fall, so that we have illness, and Alzheimer's, and mental retardation and sexual hassles...

And so what do we do? We need to try to come as close as we can to Eden. If we happen to find a good heterosexual relationship with a person who loves God, good. We should work on that relationship so that it comes as close to God's best as possible, and should both serve God and others together. If we cannot have a heterosexual relationship or do not find the right person, we must remain happily single and chaste, and pour our energies and love into that same service to God and others.

Homosexuality is a sin of the flesh, as is all sin. We are all born into sin. Sin is sin, no matter how you look at it. There is only one who can save us from our sin, praise God that He sent His Son to renconcile us to Him, by the shedding of His blood and our accepting of this gift<<<. Love, in Christ, Amber.

Love the sinner, hate the sin. I have a close relative who lives that (perverted, IMHO) lifestyle. I believe what the Word says, it seems in this country, there's a lot of that type of behavior glamourized in the media, Hollywood, but by and large, it seems that it truly is just a minority of people, more bark than bite. Let's flood heaven with our prayers for God's will here on earth, pray for our representatives in the government and stand up against gay marraiges and pray for every soul to come to Jesus and not end up in hell, apart from Him. I feel that sin is sin is sin, so gossipping is the same as homosexualality. However, the big difference for me, is that as someone who believes in Christ, and has received Him, and have a relationship with God through Jesus - I'm a Christian, when and if I sin, which I try to stay under the blood, and not continue in it... well, I can ask God's forgiveness, get back in that righteousness that only Christ provides. No this doesn't give me a permit to sin, and keep sinning, the longer I serve Christ, the more I want to please Him and put down the 'flesh' and the sinful desires, get my mind lined up with the Word, and my life will follow. I personally would think it was offensive, if someone refered to me as heterosexual, though I am a straight, married woman... IMO, it's kind of rude, why should it even be an issue. Of corse, the world is not saved, and it is perverse, let's be the light, but can't criticize the world, and unbeliever's for sinning well...JMO, L8tr...I don't think it does any real good, to bash people over the head with the Word, if they don't believe... I read somewhere recently, about soul winning, it was quite a good read, maybe i'll post later for anyone interested where to find it... but he talked about, this particular pastor or whatever, how God's law is perfect for conversion of the soul... And brining up the 10 commandments, first people need to know they've violated God's law, and that God offers a way to get right with Him, b/c none of us can live up to the law, but now we're free in the Spirit. yadayada yada, i'm ramblin' you all. Just my two cents... i don't like to fight, especially over spirituality/christianity, i see no point in that, so if anyone disagree w/ me, no offense, and none taken from you, if you feel otherwise, or 'know' otherwise... peace.

by the way, i'm newer to this forum, and my name is Melissa. I'm a Native American from Michigan, and a believer for the past 6 yrs, God bless, nice to meet you.

Here's the above mentioned link, in case anyone's interested, it's worth reading, I did, and it's on Soul winning... he makes a very good comment within, about homosexuality, which is why i'm posting it here, in case.

ttyl.

oops, here it is, I mean: Hell's Best Kept Secret Author: Ray Comfort View Video Online This message was first preached in August 1982.

(edited by sunshine307: no links without permission)

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother-in-law freely states that he is a christian and a homosexual, and beleives that God is blessing him and his 'fiance' in their relationship. I have tried to talk to him about this on a biblical level, but he belives that he didn't have a choice in it all. He just is. His partner is also a christian and they pray together. Someone told me about Sy Rogers who is a christian guy who used to live a homosexual/transexual lifestyle, and nearly had a sex change before God came into his life and now he has a powerful testimony and speaks around the world about God's amazing love and grace and transforming power. It is possible for homosexuals to get out of the lifestyle that they are in as Sy Rogers chose to do with God's help. It wasn't easy for him and it took time, but he is now a married man with children of his own.

I used to be bigoted and judgemental of homosexuals. Now I pray that God will show them the truth.