• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Holy halloween

Many churches are getting ready for their great harvest parties or Halloween parties. Either way there is no difference in it inside the church buildings and outside in the public. It is and always will be satans holiday. Therefore it is just as evil no matter where you are doing it.

Many churches are getting ready for their great harvest parties or Halloween parties. Either way there is no difference in it inside the church buildings and outside in the public. It is and always will be satans holiday. Therefore it is just as evil no matter where you are doing it.

I don't know any churches that celebrate it, do you know which denominations?

just about all of them are having costume contests and trick or treating. but it is looked over as a holy thing because it is in the church. there is no difference.

I went to a Halloween party this year that I was invited to. I know it's not mentioned in the Bible and I have repented celebrating the 8 seasonal holidays that come from old Britain, but I thought it would be a sin not to go to a feast that I was invited to. I know Jesus ate with sinners and publicans Matthew 9:11, and Jesus says not to resist evil Matthew 5:39. I thought of the wedding parable and the parable of talent and thought God would be wroth if I was to fear and be lazy and bury my talents and miss the feast.

I thought of in the bible where Paul says not to eat food offered to idols, and that verse Corinthians I 10:28, and that verse has troubled me a lot since I've read it. However in the verse he says only food that a brother has told you has been offered, and he doesn't mention if you suspect yourself it's been offered. Nobody told me it was offered so whatever.

I went to a Halloween party this year that I was invited to. I know it's not mentioned in the Bible and I have repented celebrating the 8 seasonal holidays that come from old Britain, but I thought it would be a sin not to go to a feast that I was invited to. I know Jesus ate with sinners and publicans Matthew 9:11, and Jesus says not to resist evil Matthew 5:39. I thought of the wedding parable and the parable of talent and thought God would be wroth if I was to fear and be lazy and bury my talents and miss the feast.

I thought of in the bible where Paul says not to eat food offered to idols, and that verse Corinthians I 10:28, and that verse has troubled me a lot since I've read it. However in the verse he says only food that a brother has told you has been offered, and he doesn't mention if you suspect yourself it's been offered. Nobody told me it was offered so whatever.

I think we have all done this. The thing is to heed the spirit if he is convicting us.

Well, something I want to say is that the 8 days, Halloween being one of the: Halloween, winter solstice, candlemas, spring equinox, Beltane, summer solstice, llamas and fall equinox I think are all markers. I have noticed by observing that exactly on these days the seasons seem to shift in a noticeable way. I noticed on Llamas one year the the moon looked way different sundenly than it did all summer or the rest of the year and it reminded me of riding a camel in the desert over a hill. The light was different. Also I noticed one year on candlemas the moon almost looked like a candle being lit up and I thought it was strange. I believe God has set up the seasons this way, if they are like that then God is obviously the cause. I believe God set up the lights in heaven and made many miracles and mysteries with them. It wouldn't surprise me that other cultures have realized these since God made his sun to shine not only on the righteous but also on the wicked Matthew 5:45.

For the past few years I have been watching the sun and moon a lot because I have seen strange signs on them and God said he made them for signs, also Jesus talks about signs being in the sun moon and stars Luke 21:25. So, mostly in the sun I've seen signs such as a crossbow, a pentagram and many letters from the Futhark language. I've also seen the sun do things like change into 5 suns, which is strange because it looked like if you were to go crosseyed and you would see 2 images, except it was 5 and they would move on their own. I'm not sure how long this is going on, but I know many people are in fear to look at the sun, but I've stared at the sun for hours on end over days and weeks and there has been no damage to my eyes. Psalm 121:6

So, Jesus says there will be strange signs in the sun, and God also says something like it in Genesis 1:14.

Though these days don't have to be for any other god than God because if anything has to do with nature God has created it.

East Madison Baptist Church, Madison, WI served the halloweeners a couple years that I know of.
Some YT vids (search halloween & church or similar searches) you will see preachers rebuking the churches who condone the sin.
Also some elsewhere that give candy into trunks or open the buildings for use.
Locally, Door Creek Church did it at least once that I know of. Evangelical.

Coincidentally, I lived in Madison for about a year. I went to Lutheran and Methodist churches, however.