• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

His Steadfast, Enduring Love

Staff Member
And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the LORD, "For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever toward Israel." And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid. Ezra 3:11 ESV

It was a melody lost to time. The song was short but powerful. God is good and His love for Israel endures forever.

Years had passed, and people who endured captivity for most of their lives had returned to the land of promise—and a song was born.

The temple once more had been neglected and needed repair. This was a pattern for people who had been distracted by anything that was not God.

There are times when God allows you to be held captive as a result of choices that lead you away from following His footsteps. The endurance of that which holds you captive often means you’re reintroduced to or recall the God who has endured your waywardness.

Sometimes, when you get your own way, you’re faced with the truth that God’s way was right from the beginning. Think about the sinful choices you’ve made. Do they lead you closer or further away from God? When you miss the companionship of your Maker, it’s best to recall His faithfulness and say, “He is good…His steadfast love endures forever”.

Prayer: Lord, You are good, and Your love is more enduring than my choice to sin. I fail, and my sin can draw me away from Your side. Instead of pursuing even more sin, let me endure Your love. It helps my mouth form the words “I’m sorry.”

Loyal
Greetings brother, I just love those words... “He is good…His steadfast love endures forever” they were the words I expected to find in the KJV but was surprised to find

Ezra 3:11 KJV states...
And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.

The words in the KJV do not do justice to the translated word for steadfast, I do prefer the ESV translation your post includes.
And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his steadfast love endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.

I believe the word steadfast speaks volumes, both translations come from the word 'hesed'

Maybe it is just a person preference, but always worth comparing translations.