• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Hiding Our Sin(s)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Hiding Our Sin(s)

Have you ever heard the Lord God say something to you, and because you did not like what he said, we pretended as if we did not hear him? As a result we did not do what he said to us. This is called disobedience, and it is a sin!!! As it is written....

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, TO HIM IT IS SIN. (KJV)

I have done this before in my Christian life so I know how this works. Being a Christian we have a conscience which tells us when we do wrong. We really don't need anyone to tell us when we miss the boat, because our conscience lets us know. All of the Apostles of the Lamb lived their lives with a “clear conscience” which some people did not have, that caused their faith to become “shipwrecked”

2Ti 1:3 I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors, WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE, as I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day.

1Ti 1:19 Holding faith, and A GOOD CONSCIENCE; WHICH SOME HAVING PUT AWAY CONCERNING FAITH HAVE MADE SHIPWRECK:

Confessing our disobedience (sin) is the only way to clear our conscience, and to shut the door on the devil as he tries to bring destruction into our lives!!

Pro 28:13 WHOEVER CONCEALS HIS TRANSGRESSIONS WILL NOT PROSPER, BUT HE WHO CONFESSES AND FORSAKES THEM WILL OBTAIN MERCY.(ESV)

1John 1:9 IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS

Sometimes we find our self's in tremendous trails and tribulations, and we think to our self's, “I have not done anything wrong, why is this happening to me? I have no sin in my life!!!”

Maybe we are “CONCEALING” our transgressions so we can't prosper, to find mercy in a time of need!!!

Feeling dirty before the Lord can not be washed away with any kind of soap or detergent. Only the Blood of Jesus Christ can wash away our sin, and that only after confessing them to the Lord!!!

What does it feel like to have unconfessed sin in our lives?

Psa 32:3 For WHEN I KEPT SILENT, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
Psa 32:4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah
Psa 32:5 I ACKNOWLEDGED MY SIN TO YOU, AND I DID NOT COVER MY INIQUITY; I SAID, “I WILL CONFESS MY TRANSGRESSIONS TO THE LORD,” AND YOU FORGAVE THE INIQUITY OF MY SIN.

If we do verse five, the former verses would not have happened!!! When we miss it, we should confess it immediately to God!!!

Job suffered many things in his life, and as far he was concerned from his perspective he did not do anything wrong. We might say, well, who wrote the book of Job? Some believe Moses did, but most Bible scholars do not know who the author was. I believe the only person who could have written it would have been Job himself. Why I believe this is because one of the qualifications for being a Apostle of Jesus in the New Testament was they had to be with Jesus everywhere he went, because it would be Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John who would write in the four Gospels what Jesus had said and did. (Mark 3:14)

Job would have been the only person present in all he had said, and did!!

If we would write our life's story about our self we would most likely say somethings how we suffered greatly, and yet we did not deserve it, and we certainly did not cause it, at least from our perspective.

In the Book of Job he eventually confessed his sin, and God restored back to him more then he had to start with.

Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I ABHOR MYSELF, AND REPENT IN DUST AND ASHES.

Job also said something very profound that he must have heard from some else at one time.....

Job 31:33 IF LIKE ADAM or like [other] men I HAVE CONCEALED MY TRANSGRESSIONS, BY HIDING MY INIQUITY IN MY BOSOM (AMP)

Adam concealed his sin by hiding it from God, and then after the Lord asked him about it he said....

Gen 3:12 And THE MAN SAID, THE WOMAN WHOM THOU GAVEST TO BE WITH ME, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Adam blamed his wife Eve, and ultimately blamed God for giving her to him!!!
Eve blamed the serpent....

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And THE WOMAN SAID, THE SERPENT BEGUILED ME, AND I DID EAT.

The only one whose to blame is Adam, and Eve for their bad decision!!!

Does this not sound like democrats who only want to blame someone else for those who commit crimes?
Ooh, it is just their environment in which they were raised which is why they are this way, it's not their fault!!! No, it is because they do bad things, and they are the only ones to be blamed for their own acts!!! This same mind set is in all the world today, and it is never a good excuse for bad behavior!!!

Every one wants to blame someone else for their own bad choices, which brings retributions not only from the Law of the land, but God himself.

As a Christian we need to be aware of our consciences when we are disobedient, and confess sin(s) immediately when we do!!!