• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Hidden with Christ

Active
Colossians 3:3 (NLT) is special to me...

For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.

Think of God! I can envision Him as a monumental glory cloud, bright as the sun.

Now, think of Christ, who has perfect access to the Father! Think of His Spirit, His emissary, sent to live within you and now dwells in you!

Now, think of you, your life lived in the flesh, now righteous, now enabled to stand in the presence of your King. While you are safe in His shelter and companionship, He takes you into the heart of the Father, that great glory cloud!

Yes, our REAL lives are hidden with Christ's life inside God's glorious presence! This is OUR reality!

Active
God has graciously empowered to focus on honesty combined with a healthy dose of discernment (nice way of saying i frequently stumble into being pc and feel bad afterwards about compromising ;)

I felt funny reading your post sister very special. i want to be nice but it sounded new age. perhaps you spoke of an aspect of God as a glory cloud...that right isn't it?

Active
God has graciously empowered to focus on honesty combined with a healthy dose of discernment (nice way of saying i frequently stumble into being pc and feel bad afterwards about compromising ;)

I felt funny reading your post sister very special. i want to be nice but it sounded new age. perhaps you spoke of an aspect of God as a glory cloud...that right isn't it?

Funny! I have nothing to do with anything New Agey.

God's physical presence and "glory cloud" are one and the same. His glory manifests in a cloud. Think back to the time of Moses.

Read Ezekiel 10, and discover verses 3-4:
The cherubim were standing at the south end of the Temple when the man went in, and the cloud of glory filled the inner courtyard. 4 Then the glory of the Lord rose up from above the cherubim and went over to the entrance of the Temple. The Temple was filled with this cloud of glory, and the courtyard glowed brightly with the glory of the Lord.