• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hi I was wondering if any or has anyone has gone through a divorce or separation? If so what encouraging scriptures helped you?

Hi I was wondering if any or has anyone has gone through a divorce or separation? If so what encouraging scriptures helped you?

Active
Jesus's parting words to his disciples -
teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:20 NKJV

In You, O Lord , I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; Incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, To which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, For You are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, Out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For You are my hope, O Lord G od ; You are my trust from my youth. By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb. My praise shall be continually of You. I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your glory all the day. Psalms 71:1‭-‬8 NKJV

More than any of that is the sure knowledge that God will never ever betray you or let you down. Even if He wanted to, He couldn't, but He doesn't. Your ex who you used to love so dearly is now your enemy, that will never ever happen with God, no wonder He hates divorce -

Yet you say, “For what reason?” Because the Lord has been witness Between you and the wife of your youth, With whom you have dealt treacherously; Yet she is your companion And your wife by covenant. But did He not make them one, Having a remnant of the Spirit? And why one? He seeks godly offspring. Therefore take heed to your spirit, And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth. “For the Lord God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one’s garment with violence,” Says the Lord of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously.” Malachi 2:14‭-‬16 NKJV

God is your route out of this awful situation, He loves you dearly and feels your hurt and anguish and wants to heal your pain. He asks one thing; do not worry about what's going to happen to me now? Have faith, have belief, have courage. You are free from this person that has become your enemy so you can now focus upon God and start a new chapter in your life titled, Just Me And You.

=============================

Dear Lord God, I pray for support and a new fresh revelation of you to my poor brother/sister who's going through a pretty torrid time. Draw near to him/her with loads of love and comfort. I pray for the wisdom of your Holy Spirit as both parties negotiate their way through this situation and if children are involved, doubly so.

Thank you God for getting us through these horrible situations. Why do you do it? Because you love us so dearly, you hate to see us hurt. Thank you God for that unswerving love upon which we depend so much.

Amen.

Thank you
teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:20 NKJV

In You, O Lord , I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; Incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, To which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, For You are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, Out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For You are my hope, O Lord G od ; You are my trust from my youth. By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb. My praise shall be continually of You. I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your glory all the day. Psalms 71:1‭-‬8 NKJV

More than any of that is the sure knowledge that God will never ever betray you or let you down. Even if He wanted to, He couldn't, but He doesn't. Your ex who you used to love so dearly is now your enemy, that will never ever happen with God, no wonder He hates divorce -

Yet you say, “For what reason?” Because the Lord has been witness Between you and the wife of your youth, With whom you have dealt treacherously; Yet she is your companion And your wife by covenant. But did He not make them one, Having a remnant of the Spirit? And why one? He seeks godly offspring. Therefore take heed to your spirit, And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth. “For the Lord God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one’s garment with violence,” Says the Lord of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously.” Malachi 2:14‭-‬16 NKJV

God is your route out of this awful situation, He loves you dearly and feels your hurt and anguish and wants to heal your pain. He asks one thing; do not worry about what's going to happen to me now? Have faith, have belief, have courage. You are free from this person that has become your enemy so you can now focus upon God and start a new chapter in your life titled, Just Me And You.

Dear Lord God, I pray for support and a new fresh revelation of you to my poor brother/sister who's going through a pretty torrid time. Draw near to him/her with loads of love and comfort. I pray for the wisdom of your Holy Spirit as both parties negotiate their way through this situation and if children are involved, doubly so.

Thank you God for getting us through these horrible situations. Why do you do it? Because you love us so dearly, you hate to see us hurt. Thank you God for that unswerving love upon which we depend so much.

Amen.
Thank you so much for your reply this has really touched me!

Loyal
I've been through it. Horrible.

The test for me was to not fall in to the trap of bitterness, fearfulness, vengeance etc. Easier said than done. I spent a lot of time meditating on the sermon on the mount. Turn your cheek, love your enemy etc.

It was a very difficult time, but I did manage to hold onto my faith in God to pull me through - and he did.

Also reading the Psalms ns out loud kept me balanced when everything was getting too much.

I've been through it. Horrible.

The test for me was to not fall in to the trap of bitterness, fearfulness, vengeance etc. Easier said than done. I spent a lot of time meditating on the sermon on the mount. Turn your cheek, love your enemy etc.

It was a very difficult time, but I did manage to hold onto my faith in God to pull me through - and he did.

Also reading the Psalms ns out loud kept me balanced when everything was getting too much.
Thank you for sharing

]Lamentations 3:22-23
The Lord's mercies are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.

John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus is unwaivering in His love for you, He doesn't see you through the lenses of the world, but through His blood that shows you righteous.
His Spirit is with you to guide and comfort you, remind you.
Stay in the Word.

My divorce was very traumatic and painful, filled with guilt and an unsure future. But Jesus never let let me go... Even though I let Him go on numerous occasions.
Many joyous years have passed since. He did this for me, He will do it for you.

]Lamentations 3:22-23
The Lord's mercies are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.

John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus is unwaivering in His love for you, He doesn't see you through the lenses of the world, but through His blood that shows you righteous.
His Spirit is with you to guide and comfort you, remind you.
Stay in the Word.

My divorce was very traumatic and painful, filled with guilt and an unsure future. But Jesus never let let me go... Even though I let Him go on numerous occasions.
Many joyous years have passed since. He did this for me, He will do it for you.
Thank you so much for sharing

Active

Amen.
Amen

Loyal
dig in, separation is bad, but divorce, the whole world , the Demonic host and the universe is cheering you on! from the fall of ADAM & EVE until death has been cast into the lake fire! For divorce is a symbol of death. and a "enemy of God" and whosoever cheers it on no matter what, is a friend of the world and whosoever is a friend of the world is a enemy of GOD! For God hates divorce! so if one is separated from their spouse let that person remains single and seek not a divorce but remain unmarried. Until death do you part. A child of God is bound by the covenant of GOD. He tells you this not to hurt you, He gives you this command because He loves you and knows what is best for you! He is not a man, He is GOD the creator of ALL that exists! DO not look for a escape clause, there is none! You have been warn. FOR GOD knows How to get your attention. "Mental Illness" is no joke to get your attention. If you are a child of God, He will bring you to birth. "having you eating grass like a OX" and growing claws like a wild bird" and I am not talking about salvation. I am talking about "Sanctification" for the child of GOD! You better read the signs of the times. And bed hoping and dating is not tolerated. If you think it is, step out there. there is a new dispensation moving in for the "Holy Scripture" has declared it. "observe the fig tree".

Just in case some are thinking about abandoning ship or thinking about getting a new one like your friend.:p

Not only is God love, He also is "a Consuming FIRE' burn all that chaff off of you. You better have some fear. Jesus has warn you already about HIM {The Father}
you do read? No not let Him slip up on you like a thief in night! TO many "THE ALMIGHTY GOD" is just a word I am here to tell you He is more.

Now i hope that will encourage you to press on to "Sanctification" and be filled with the power of GOD. in Holiness. Married or divorce.