Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

New Community Design

Thinking about doing a refresh design for Talk Jesus community here, possibly using a different software platform as well to replace the current. It'll still remain a "forum" software nonetheless. Please vote at this poll and share your feedback.

View Poll

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice
  3. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice

Hey y'all

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by walt20pure, Aug 22, 2017.

1. My name's Walter. I would love to meet lots of fellow Christians who will help me build my faith in God. I hope you do accept me.

2. Welcome to Talk Jesus Walter!
    Always a joy to welcome a Brother in Christ Jesus.
    You'll find ample opportunity to fellowship and grow in the knowledge of Christ Jesus.

If you have any question...ask away. There are plenty Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus who will help!

Once again...be Welcome Walter.
    With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

3. walt20pure likes this.
  4. Well, hello there Walter. Of course we, I, will accept you. I see that you're 15 years old. Good for you my young friend that you have turned your life over to Jesus Christ, and a life as a Christian. You have an exciting life ahead of you if you continue to draw close to Jesus.

I would suggest that you study John Chapter 15. That's the Vine and Branches....

John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. (Jesus is speaking here)
    15:2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
    15:3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
    15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
    15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
    15:6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
    15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
    15:8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
    15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
    15:10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
    15:11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." (ESV) English Standard Version

I will help you grow in your relationship with our Lord, just reach out Ok?

walt20pure likes this.
  5. Thanks for this message Mr. Chopper. It explains the importance of Christ in our lives and why we must do His will to be prosperous.

6. Thanks for the welcome address. I'm grateful to have opened Christians I can share issues with.

I wrote an external examination recently. I was sure I had prepared adequately. I didn't end there. I kept praying without ceasing for a particular result and I abided by James 2:26. I tried my possible best living a life pleasing to God. When I checked the results yesterday, it wasn't up to my expectation. Do you think it was God's will for that to happen?

7. #7 Christ4Ever, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Was it God's will for the results? Nope. He wants you to succeed.
    However, as you've seen. He's not the one whose is taking the examination. You are.

As you said "I had prepared..." what was the word "adequately".
    Adequate preparation will get you those results that you received.

Unless you're expecting God to take the examination and do the work for you? :)

Prepare "exceptionally" and your results will reflect that as well.

God provided you the talent. What you do with it is up to you.

Think of this as a lesson learned. God will provide you the resources and part of that is understanding to succeed.
    Use those resources to the fullest and you will succeed!
    Because God is in this with you all the way! :)

Thanks for sharing Walter.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

Colossians 3:23-24 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for[fn] you serve the Lord Christ.

walt20pure likes this.
  8. Welcome to Talk Jesus @walt20pure

Enjoy the forum and online fellowship

walt20pure likes this.
  9. Thanks for the message. I'm now aware I have the capability of succeeding because Jesus lives in me and I live as Him here on earth.

Christ4Ever likes this.
  10. Hello again Walter. Don't be discouraged by what looks like a defeat. God's ways are not our ways my young friend. Jesus definitely has a specific plan for your life. The closer you live to Jesus, the more He will disclose to you just what that plan is.

Study the Word of God my friend, study, study, and study it more. All the secrets of walking in the Spirit [Romans 8] are found in the New Covenant [Testament]. Let your Heavenly Father speak to your heart thru His Word, the Scriptures. If you can develop the wonderful habit of rising early in the morning to pray and thank Jesus for yesterday and what He's going to do in and thru you today, and study at least one chapter in the New Covenant, you will set up the day for success.

I know this to be true because I do this every morning. Actually, I look forward to it as soon as my feet hit the floor.

I love You,
    Chopper

walt20pure likes this.
  11. walt20pure likes this.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 9)

1. walt20pure
  2. Christ4Ever
  3. amadeus2
  4. Chopper
  5. Fragrant Grace
  6. TrueCompanion
  7. Chad
  8. pookiejr
  9. GlenJoseph