• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Helping God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD--and he will repay you! Proverbs 19:17 NLT

Apply for a loan and you find it usually requires collateral. The word collateral is described as "something committed as security for loan repayment." It's subject to being seized if you default on your loan. In other words, if you want a loan, you have to agree to transfer ownership of something you possess, should you fail to repay the loan.

God offers a very unusual loan repayment program. It's infused with both His love of people and an invitation to trust that He will honor His word.

If you want to be a good manager of the resources God has given you, then you're encouraged to give some of those resources to people who are in need. In return, God will repay your generosity in ways that go above and beyond mere money.

God doesn't need to offer collateral. He always repays a compassionate heart. He wants men like you to see others the way He does. If they need help, God wants to help them. When you help Him, He considers it a loan--and He'll pay you back with interest! Be compassionate. Care like God cares.

Prayer: Dear God, if there's anyone who can be trusted to repay compassion, it's You. Help me to remember I'm never more like You than when I demonstrate Your love by helping others.