• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Help! and Guidance please?

my name is Simon. my nickname here is ICHTHUS... i am 17 male. and in need of help . i have been a Christain for almost a year now and have learnt much in that time.

when i am feeling Down i have the same thoughs that i am not worth alot of things on the Earth. like i want to no longer be here. die some how you coudl say. a few days ago. this was feeling the strongest when one of my friends told me that he wa sleavign school. this has put a downer on my Heart and i feel not worth much. your prayers for Guidance Protection from Satan/Lucifer/The Devil, what ever you want to call him woudl be very much greatly Apreciated if you can please pray for me and help for me...

lovengly your good pal Simon! AKA (Ichthus)

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

ICHTHUS said:
my name is Simon. my nickname here is ICHTHUS... i am 17 male. and in need of help . i have been a Christain for almost a year now and have learnt much in that time.

when i am feeling Down i have the same thoughs that i am not worth alot of things on the Earth. like i want to no longer be here. die some how you coudl say. a few days ago. this was feeling the strongest when one of my friends told me that he wa sleavign school. this has put a downer on my Heart and i feel not worth much. your prayers for Guidance Protection from Satan/Lucifer/The Devil, what ever you want to call him woudl be very much greatly Apreciated if you can please pray for me and help for me...

lovengly your good pal Simon! AKA (Ichthus)

Hi, Simon!

You are worth a lot to Jesus Christ, and you are very important to all of us here at Talk Jesus. I am so glad that you wrote to us today. We will pray for you.

Satan has no authority in your life, Simon. Satan tells all of us that we are not worth anything. Satan is a liar, don't believe the thoughts you are having about death.

God created us to fellowship with Him. We have a purpose greater than you can imagine here on this earth.

I love the Bible because it teaches me the truth about life, and death.

Soldier of God is right, you need to read the Bible.

"Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life." (Proverbs 4:23, KJV).

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
hey simon welcome to tj!We all get down bro your not alone there.I find if im having a particularly crappy day a short spell here usually does the trick.Even if it doesnt cheer you up it can sure take your mind off things.After a while your are sure to meet and make friends with many your age,anything your facing you will find has been met and overcome by others.Chat can be good if you want to just shoot the breeze or get into something more serious.All at once you have just gained a couple of thousand freinds,not many people can say that huh?Hope you like it and if you have any elvis-related questions im your man.

Hi Simon (good age, my daughter is 17 too ;)
I have struggled with those emotions, too many times, so I understand
what you are going thru, and will certainly pray for you. The wonderful part (and the only wonderful part) about being in that 'place' is God does`nt condemn us, but simply pours out more love upon us. I think many of us could say, we found more of God in the pit of despair than anyplace we`ve ever been. And this is exactly how the Word tells us it would be!
"My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." 2Co 12:9

A portion of a message I was reading this morning to encourage you...

"Many, many years have passed since the Lord, stopped and asked the beggar, "What will ye that I should do unto you? " but He asks the same question to me, and to every one of you.
The first time I read that Bible verse I couldn't accept it. It was difficult for me to believe that the Lord, our God, our Savior and Friend, would allow me to ask Him to do anything. Yet He does, every single day.
Trouble finds my place of residence and I go ruuning to the Lord, and no matter what time it is, what season, or day or night, HE is always there, asking, " What will ye that I should do unto you? I gave my life for you! I love you! I see that you are in trouble. What can I do to help?
So I tell him, as I have thousands of time before. "I am worried, Lord. I am afraid, doubting, feeling insecure." Or, "Lord, I am doing my best but it does not seem good enough. Lift my spirits, Lord. Grant me strength. Remove all the negativeness from my mind and heart and fill it with that light of heaven. O, fill me with more of You, so that heart and mind- together- can walk a straight line."
It doesn't matter what my trials are; whether they are huge, or one that might be as straw to somebody else. I ask HIM to help me and HE does it. We are blessed, every one of us, to have such a Friend, such an awesome Savior and Lord."

A favorite verse of mine;

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. "Plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope
and a future."
(Jeremiah 29:11) :love:

I would say that 1) You need to be praying and rebuking the Devil when we comes at you with those thoughts. You know their of the Devil, right? The Devil hates you, and doesn't want you alive. You wants you to be at the lowest of lows, and thats why hes playing mind games with you. All you simply must do is take control of that Devil and pray. 2) It wouldn't be too bad if you picked up your Bible, too. If there is no place for the Word in your Heart, then you will not have the strength to overcome Satan when he comes at you with these sorts of things. You need to be reading so when the Devil comes against you, you can say things to him like "No weapon formed against me shall prosper" becuase, most of the devil's mind games are just his weapons of choice.

Well, I hope I've helped! I'll be praying!

Your life is truly important to GOD...HE died for you and wants you to live for HIM.
People disappoint us, but we cannot look to people for they are like ourselves. Life brings with it so many battles and heartaches that, sometimes, we wish we did not have to deal with them nor live with them. GOD knows ALL about our feelings, hurts,burdens, and disappointments and is willing to share them with us, as well as carry us through them. Our friends can't give us that promise. Stay as close to the LORD as possible through prayer and Bible study...ask GOD for guidance and help in your down times.