Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Jennifermariec, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Hello. I'm new here, but I can already tell this site will really help me! I have recently started my walk with Christ again. I was raised baptist but for most of my life I've considered myself an Atheist. My grandmother has gotten sick and I started thinking about my life choices and my spirituality. Accepting Jesus in my life again has allowed me to feel at peace. I know when my grandmother passes, I will see her again.. My concern is when others talk about Jesus around me, I get very emotional. When I listen to music or sit in church, I start sobbing. I'm not sure if this will pass.. it's pretty embarrassing. If someone says "God bless" I will think about it for hours and I get emotional. I'm hoping this will pass.. any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Sent from a mobile device
    Sarah G likes this.
  2. Hi there, little sister! I looked at your profile and yikes, I'm twice your age!

I appreciate the openness in your introduction here. And yes, I smiled at the way you get emotional when people talk about Jesus around you. What a wonderful thing- it shows how soft-hearted you are toward Him. That's a much better way to be than hard-hearted and stiff-necked.

The tears are embarrassing, yes. Many's the time I've tried biting my tongue or focussing on one spot on the wall in church to keep from crying, but the tears still came. Just remember how many of God's servants cried through the pages of scripture.

The intense emotion will likely subside as you grow in Him, and come through this painful time regarding your grandmother. You'll eventually get a grip, as it were.

Don't squash your emotions or squelch your tears because of the embarrassment though. Keep tissues handy, cry to Him and before Him and let Him comfort you. (If you can go off alone with Him, great, but I know that's not always possible. My mantra was always 'I cry alone' until the Lord added 'unless you don't.')

Psalm 56:8 (KJV) says He collects our tears in His bottle. I've always thought for some of us, it may be a bottle the size of a 45 gallon drum. :)

The way you've described it, it seems you cry when He's working on your heart, and that's between you and Him and no one else. (Most believers, especially in church; should be sensitive to that, but again, I know some aren't.)

In a way, it sounds like you're where I want to be: one of my personal requests on my long term prayer list is that the Lord would "soften my heart, even though it'll mean an abundance of tears and I hate crying...."

He understands your tears. The hosts of Heaven may have cried some of their own in their joy at your return.

Stay soft, for His sake.

Sarah G, Brad Huber and Christ4Ever like this.
  3. First Welcome to Talk Jesus @Jennifermariec
    Always a joy to welcome even a young Sister in Christ Jesus to this online Christian Community of Believers!! A real mouthful there :)

Your Sister in Christ Jesus Laura replied well as it pertains to the tears!
    Stay tender and soft to our Lord, and stay firm and hard against those things that try to take you away from Him!

Once again be welcome sister to TJ.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

Laura1557 likes this.
  4. Hello Jennifer, welcome to our place of sharing.

5. For me, weeping because of him is very natural...I cried a lot when I was Born Again and it has subsided but I am still prone to choke / tear up some. I wouldn't worry about it, shows you experience is real and he is working in you. The feeling of peace is because he is in you.
    • Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Another reason for peace is found in this verse...you have peace because you know of your glorified future.
    • Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, Not that you have a feeling of it being OK to willfully sin but, as a new born again Christian, you know that in this life, you are human and sinful but Jesus paid the price and there is now no condemnation...when understood. that generates a feeling of peace......pretty awesome God and . again, tears are a natural part of your regeneration!
    • Welcome to TJ

Laura1557 likes this.
  6. Thank you so much! This means so much hearing from someone else! (&yes I cried reading your reply)! I've always been sensitive but it seems since I've started my spiritual journey I've become much more of a softie towards others as well as towards myself. I will remember now, that when I start to feel a lump in my throat, it is Jesus at work in my heart and my tears will be joyful. I appreciate your kind words so much! Thank you thank you!

Sarah G and amadeus2 like this.
  7. Just trying to help. :)

LOL, I thought to myself as I wrote to you yesterday that you might cry reading it, too!

Many years ago, after I was saved and in church I noticed that some of the faithful Christian men were sometimes teary-eyed at certain things and even the pastor choked up on occasion. Growing up in a world with the ''strong men, real men don't cry'' mentality, these men's sensitivity touched my heart.

But mercy, there's no way I wanted to cry in church! At home, by myself when reading the Bible or communing in prayer, sure, but not with other people around!

I finally gave up when one of the men made a statement from the pulpit along the lines of "a leaky head is the sign of a tender heart" in response to someone choking up during a service. (Actually no, I think I gave up when the Lord opened the tap a bit beyond my control, but I think you see what I'm saying, lol)

When that softness disappears, little sister, it'll mean you're hardening toward God. Please don't ever let it disappear completely.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 11)

1. Jennifermariec
  2. Fragrant Grace
  3. Brad Huber
  4. Laura1557
  5. Gabriel Kinson
  6. Christ4Ever
  7. Born Again 2004
  8. amadeus2
  9. Chad
  10. Hekuran
  11. Sarah G