Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Hello Everyone All help is appreciated thanks.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by merllin_2000, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Hello everyone
    I was raised in churches in ky, that spent more time begging for money than they did anything. I still learnt scriptures here and there but never completely got it all. I grew up running around fullfilling my own selfish pleasures and thinking of no one but myself. Finally at the age of 40 I realized the importance of God and my family and started going to church regularly and reading the bible. I am a single father of two young daughters that i love with all my heart. Unfortunately i could never understand anything in the bible and tried many. The church I attend was very big and promising I thought and I really loved it. I did everything I could to get right with God but never felt anything. I know I have very low self esteem and unable to forgive people that have hurt me greatly, I find myself so depressed and hoping God could please help me and show me the way. I am also very scared about joining the wrong church or listening to the wrong people, and not being able to understand the bible really scares me cause i cant do it alone.

2. Praying for you Merllin, God has provided for us many version of the bible have you tried the NIV version it is much easier to read then most of the other versions, also the NKJ is a good one easy to read. I have had reading problems my whole life because of dyslexia, so I can relate to you. But I must encourage you to stay in the word everyday it will eventually come to you. I read the bible front to cover like three times before I had any idea of what I was reading. I suggest a daily routine of reading scripture and praying and some fasting monthly. Seek God with all your heart, if there is sin in your life you must bring it to God and repent.

God bless you

Matthew 7:7-11
    “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

3. Glad to pray for you. There are no perfect churches. You just have to stop attending if its really messed up. Then try another, you will eventually find one thats right for you. And although it doesnt have to be done right away, you have to learn to forgive everyone who wronged you, otherwise it will be like a poison to your soul and eventually God will not forgive you, if you refuse to forgive others. Now forgiving them doesnt mean that you have to forget what they did to you, and let it happen again, its just that you have to recognize that they are faulty just like you but in a different way, forgive them for being faulty, but NOT letting them take advantage of you again.

4. First welcome to Talk Jesus @merllin_2000
    Hope you find help in what you seem to be seeking, in Christ Jesus.

Churches, can be a difficult road to travel. The variety, and purposes that drive them may not always be in accord with how the Word of God seeks for them to be. They are becoming part religious and part secular. Driven by the same things that appear to motivate the World in General, materialism. Won't even go into the theological aspects of them. ;)

You've received some good advice here, and I will pray that you will continue to hold strong in allowing God to be the focal point of your life, or in the very least, more important than it has been. You'll be an example and a guide for those two young daughters you have been entrusted to care for. Praying that God will guide your steps in this, and in your walk with the Lord.

Once again be welcome to Talk Jesus.
    With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    Nick
    <><

5. Welcome to Talk Jesus @merllin_2000

Enjoy the forum and online Christian fellowship.

Remember, no matter how you feel, you are not alone, the Lord is with you. He will lead and guide you in the right way.

Blessings grace and peace