• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

OK, I've got a serious problem which I want to solve as soon as I possibly can.

Right, well, the thing is that I'm not really attracted to members of the opposite sex, but rather to members of the same sex. I've never entered into a relationship of any kind, because I believe homosexual relationships to be contrary to God's plan for the world. I've lived with this for quite a number of years, and I've earnestly prayed to God that he might change me, but so far I'm not at all different.

I really don't want to be this way any more, but I'm not sure how I can change. I know I can change, after all "with God, anything is possible," but I'm just not quite sure how.

Can anyone help me? And if anyone can help me, then may God bless that person!

Thank you so much, and may God's love be with you all,
Tom

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
I suggest you do the following as much as you can, as sincere as you are

1. Pray
2. Read the Bible
3. Fast & Pray (be in a quiet, serene environment)
4. Go to a Bible based Church and find believers to hold you accountable
5. Avoid fellowship with unGodly people
6. Immediately remove any secular/unGodly material from your room/home

okay well ummm...
i dont thik there is much you can do...but yeah
just keep praying and trust in god...
thats bout all you can do...

god bless
kara

Keep praying and trusting the Lord! He will come through for you and show you the way to go! God bless you!

The Holy Spirit would not tempt you with anything against Gods word . Study the Holy Spirit and it's functions/fruits . Mike

Stand strong you know whats right and whats not right. Pray for guidance, God can see you through, but you have to ask. Ask God to take those thoughts out of your head. Find yourself a good church and just surround yourself with good Godly people. I will remember you in my prayers. In Christ, Natashia

Guard your heart your mind your eyes and your ears from any and everything that is related to this lifestyle. Satan only tempts us in our area of interest. Resist the devil and he will flee and when you feel weak pray for strength and do not buy into the lifestyle of someone who is already invovled in homosexual activity. Stay in the word of God and in fellowship with Gods people. The fact that you have not given in to these temptations means that you still have the upper hand over satan. Just don't continue you open up Pandoras box because its not worth the price you will have to pay in the long run. I believe that its a spirit that you have to be delivered from the deliverance comes over night but the healing process takes a life time. Do not create window of opportunity for satan to set up camp in your mind by inquiring about this lifestyle. I pray that you will find the love compassion and understanding that you need while going through this. Keep us informed on how things go because your in our prayers.
Be Blessed!

Fulloffaith

Hi, Maestro,

a friend of mine was a lesbian, non-believer and on the strait way to hell. She abhored christianity and the bibe. I saw the way, Jesus turned her to him, I talked to her about getting baptized and the meaning of that, was by her side, as she got spontan baptized in a lake, where a guy was baptized and we watched it. Yeaj, as the pastor asked for fun, is there someone else, who wanna get baptized, she jumped in with her clothes... all got big eyes, most the pastor, and the elders of the church first had a discussion, then talked with that woman, and then she got baptuzed! It was a cold clowdy day and on our way back home was sitting a wet lucky woman beside me! I was to her marriage, with a nice man, a christian! So homosexuallity can change!

You don't need a relationship now, wait till God is sending you the right person. Maybe you will stay without a relationship and are called into the mission and you have to follow the way of Paul. You know he said, that it would be better, if you stay like me, solo! Then you can serve the Lord without beeing seperated.

Then another point is the biological development of our human brain. Till an age of 20, sometimes some years longer, it is more acting about a region of the brain, called Amygdala . It is the region wich is responsible for emotional reactions and more. In this age, people can make theire choice, pass a resolution, etc. only about this region and not like adults, wich are out of this brain-development about the Corpus Callosum, the front-region of our brain, where analysis and saneness, or higher minded operations are possible with. The children in the age of 11 or 12 till adults at the age of 20+ are in that difficult age called adolescence or puberty. So I think, a lot of things are possible, that can help you getting out of homosexuality. But the most important and strongest way is, to pray to the Lord and thank him and worship him infront of the thron of God. Then you'll be hold in the most save place of the world into the lovely arms of our God!

Don't get to much despaired! Jesus is stronger! Try to hold your sexuallity in your hand, maybe you have to live in this point more disciplined! And one last: discipline is comming from the word-stem Disciple! So follow Jesus as a disciple on your way to heaven! May the Lord protect you and lead you on!

GBU,
Safari

Angel's Touch said:
What does the Bible teach about practicing homosexuality? ...

Yes, those quotes and passages are the very reason why I've never had a relationship of any kind in my life. I read the bible quite a lot (I've even read it in German, Irish and Latin), and I already mentioned in my original post that I avoided relationships with people because of moral and theological issues, as well as (and I didn't mention this originally) logical ones. It's quite obvious to the average intelligent human being what God intended when he created us, and I certainly caught on to that as soon as I started to well up with awful, ungodly lusts. If I were not christian (which, God be praised, is not, nor will it ever be, the case), I would identify myself as bisexual rather than Gay, for such are my current inclinations. But, I am still very hopeful that my feelings for men will ebb away and that God will leave me only with my feelings for the opposite sex. In fact, that is *already* starting to happen.

As I say in my profile, "Who else but a Christian can say that their best friend never abandoned them."

I know this is totally off the point, but I'm not really very bothered with the Old testament, for it is (and current scholarship confirms this) riddled with apocryphal later additions, such as most of Chapter Two of the book of Genesis. The real story of how God created humans (both male and female at once) is given in chapter one, and predicted what science would discover over 4 millennia later. To cite another example, for over a millennium Christendom read a much later, apocryphal addition to the Book of Esther which is, appropriately, in the apocrypha in most bible editions. Another example is the fact that a phrase in Genesis, punishing Eve for her sins by making her subject to her husband, was misread as meaning all women, whereas any fool can see that it is God punishing an unrepentant person for her sins. And anyway, even if every subsequent woman *had* been punished for that, said punishment would be remitted by a full repentance and a forgiveness. But, I digress.

The four Gospels, however, are very dear to me, and I abide by every single thing said by the Lord Jesus Christ in them. Such as his warning to avoid sexual immorality (looking lustfully at a woman, etc). Which is the main reason why I'm not, nor was I ever, nor will I ever be, a practicing homosexual. I'm a virgin, and am quite proud of that fact. Nor will I ever engage in sexual intercourse until I make an eternal committment of love to one person (in my case a woman) before the eyes of God, e.g. marriage. To consider myself a Christian, or in other words a friend of Christ, I need to "do what I command you," as is written in the Gospel according to John. Which is why I have been praying to God for the past year to rid myself of the demon which currently abides in me.

I'm not attacking you, by the way, I'm just trying to explain myself better, since I didn't do so well enough in the original post, and I apologise for that. You are a very prudent person and I pray that God may bless you for your reverence and dedication to his cause.

Natashia said:
Stand strong you know whats right and whats not right. Pray for guidance, God can see you through, but you have to ask. Ask God to take those thoughts out of your head. Find yourself a good church and just surround yourself with good Godly people. I will remember you in my prayers. In Christ, Natashia

Hi Natashia.
Thanks for praying for me! I really appreciate it, and I hope that God will bless you greatly for your goodness.

Since all of you have started to pray for me, my unnatural desires have begun to abate, faster than they would otherwise have done. In otherwords, my thoughts are starting to change from bisexual ones to heterosexual ones, in other words, as God intended me (and everyone else) to think.

I can't thank you all enough for praying for me. It's a kindness that moves me, and I'm very close to crying with joy! I thank the Lord for people like all of you! =D

Dear brother - you are a man of conscience and a child of God. Nobody has the right to condemn you for what for you are natural emotions. It will always be challenging to remain celibate as it is for hetrosexuals. I sense you do not want to go down a road that to you is not acceptable and that is the Lord working through you.This is a matter of prayer and guidance but remember brother nobody has any right to condemn you.I wish you well and you have seen from the support here that your spiritual family are here praying with and for you.I admire your courage.Keep strong and the Lord will guide you.

Nicholas.

andrewnicholas said:
Dear brother - you are a man of conscience and a child of God...
Nicholas.

Hi Nicholas,
Thanks for your very encouraging comments, I really appreciate them.

It is not my intention to remain entirely celibate, but rather to repress my homosexual desires and only act upon the natural, heterosexual ones (in a manner which doesn't constitute lust or yielding to it, of course). As long as God is with me, I know that even if I *do* go down any bad road in my life, God will be there to help me take down the side-road that will lead me to the right path.

I've seen firsthand the good that God does all the time for people, and I just know that with all your help and support (for which I'm very grateful), he will work the same good for me.

God bless you all,
~Tom

--Remember, that whoever does as Jesus commanded is his friend.--

Irishmaestro said:
OK, I've got a serious problem which I want to solve as soon as I possibly can.

Right, well, the thing is that I'm not really attracted to members of the opposite sex, but rather to members of the same sex. I've never entered into a relationship of any kind, because I believe homosexual relationships to be contrary to God's plan for the world. I've lived with this for quite a number of years, and I've earnestly prayed to God that he might change me, but so far I'm not at all different.

I really don't want to be this way any more, but I'm not sure how I can change. I know I can change, after all "with God, anything is possible," but I'm just not quite sure how.

Can anyone help me? And if anyone can help me, then may God bless that person!

Thank you so much, and may God's love be with you all,
Tom
There are Christian Counselling organizations that specialize in helping men like yourself.

Do a search under "Christian Counselling". I'm sure you'll get some answers there.

SLE

Mmj

I will pray for you. And I hope that you are praying also. You have to believe GOD will help you with what you are praying for or else HE can't fix it. SO believe and you will see a change. God Bless you.

hi irishmaestro..everyone is so right but there is one more thing that your need to do...the bible sys..wen the clouds be full of rain they empty themselves upon the earth...now words are like drops of water evaporating tillthey form a cloud...i need you to find a word for yourself from the bible..sometin like...if antman be in christ, he is anew creature...infact, take the bible and fish out all that the bible says about the new creature in christ...such as ..he that is in christ has overcome the world and the things in it....now u take this word and eveeryday,evry hour..as often as u can speak this word out concerning you...i tom am in christ therefore i have overcome the world...i anm an overcomer..keep speaking ,keep speaking....u need to make your cloud of words be full f rain..wen temptation comes speak..wen u see materials on homosexuals..speak...wen your cloud is full it will empty itself on u...that stuff will die...please u must act cos there is aspirit let loose and soon wat is wrong starts looking right..u must not let the spirit of babylon/sodom....get u..u r too precious for this,you are too special for this..God will help you and may he use u to help millions...the word of God converts the soul....the word of God is perfect,sure..use it..every time you declare his word concerning u,u are making good war..u r winning...believe me...i love you and God bless u.

Hello Irishmaestro. It is admirably courageous of you to be forthright and seek help from the brethren for what sounds like the most difficult cross to bear. Many here have posted good supportive direction. Keep strong in the resolution to maintain right action, seek the Holy Spirit for inner change, and you can rest assured that the will of God will triumph in your soul.

This quote blessed me. It is a wonderful way to keep assurance:
Irishmaestro said:
"Who else but a Christian can say that their best friend never abandoned them."

As our Lord said, "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."(John 15:7)

With your continuous focus on Jesus, may you be strengthened and delivered from your inner struggle, molded into the image of Christ for His joyfull purpose.

I shall be praying for you. Blessings in His love ~
To Christ

OK guys, as of yet, the demon has not left me. Does anyone know how I may expel it from myself? Or how I can get someone else to expel it from me, maybe?

I know that I once did follow the natural path, but I became psychologically very vulnerable when I was about 16, and that was when the demon entered me, I'm convinced of it. All I have to do now is expel the demon from me, and make sure that I never allow it to enter me again (for I have already repented and asked the Lord for forgiveness).

God be with you all,
Tom

I dont get you. how can you have a demon inside of you when you are a christian? i read ok that, your body is the temple of the holy spirit and so if the holy spirit is pure how can you have a demon as well?

I think if you are gay right? then you just have to get on with it and if god says like dont do it then dont. but it dont mean you will feel any difrent i dont think. you might always be gay but you just wont be able to do any thing about it because god says you musnt. If gay is a demon then i didnt know that.

There aint nothing wrong with you irishmaestro, we all got something god says dont do that we find dificult. You aint no difrent.