• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Heavenly Minded

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Heavenly Minded

I have heard people say, “you are so Heavenly minded, you are no earthly good.” Isn't that what we want to be? I would much rather be that then, “being so earthly minded, I am not any Heavenly good”

After all, those who walk in the flesh have their mind set on the things of the flesh, but those who walk according to the Spirit have their mind on the things of the Spirit. (Romans 8:5) The Bible tells us not to set our mind on the things of this earth, but on the things above where Christ sits!!! (Col 3:1-2)

No one can walk in the Spirit unless he has his mind set on the things above!!! I find it interesting that the Lord God always has his mind set on man, because we are his love. Those to whom you love, you are always thinking about them.

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
Heb 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that THOU ART MINDFUL OF HIM? or the son of man, that THOU VISITEST HIM?

Not only does the Lord God have us always on his “mind”, he even comes and “visits” us!!!!

…...that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that THOU VISITEST HIM”

Knock Knock, whose there”, God, God who? The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob!!!

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Honey, look who came over for dinner tonight!!!! Open the door, and let him in, don't just stand there for petes sake!!!

We are even told to come visit God when ever we want to!!!!

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 LET US THEREFORE COME BOLDLY UNTO THE THRONE OF GRACE, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

We do know the throne of grace is not on this earth!!! It is only where he is sitting in all of his Glory!!!
There is no way anyone can visit the Lord God unless his mind, and heart are set on the things above where he is!!! Jesus said......

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; KNOCK, AND IT SHALL BE OPENED UNTO YOU:

Knock Knock, It's me again Lord, just thought I would drop in and see how everything is going!!!
:smile: Since, I am here, can I have a drink of living water?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Water Cooler 1
NetChaplain Sermons & Podcasts 0
stormomar Stories 0