• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Heartfelt Trust

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. Psalm 130:5 KJV

In his commentary, Charles Spurgeon offers this simple explanation of what it means to wait for the Lord: “’Waiting for the Lord’ is patiently bearing our affliction, whatever it may be, and confidently looking forward to deliverance from it in God’s good time. The expression, ‘my soul doth wait,’ is stronger than ‘I wait’; it implies heart-felt trust and confidence.”

When affliction comes, how quick are you to take action rather than simply waiting on the Lord while bearing your affliction patiently? Perhaps you do so because your soul isn’t waiting on the Lord. Perhaps you lack heartfelt trust and confidence in His deliverance or in Him providing you with the grace to endure.

Take some time today and write down what it would look like for your soul to wait on God in your current situation. Pray about it before you do. Maybe you can pray during one of your break times. Or maybe you can jot down today’s key verse and meditate on it throughout your workday.

Also, consider your countenance. Will others be able to tell when you are afflicted or will they see someone who has something they do not?

Prayer: Lord, I want to exhibit heartfelt trust and confidence in You in the midst of affliction. May it be so today as I set about to glorify You.

Active
I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. Psalm 130:5 KJV

In his commentary, Charles Spurgeon offers this simple explanation of what it means to wait for the Lord: “’Waiting for the Lord’ is patiently bearing our affliction, whatever it may be, and confidently looking forward to deliverance from it in God’s good time. The expression, ‘my soul doth wait,’ is stronger than ‘I wait’; it implies heart-felt trust and confidence.”

When affliction comes, how quick are you to take action rather than simply waiting on the Lord while bearing your affliction patiently? Perhaps you do so because your soul isn’t waiting on the Lord. Perhaps you lack heartfelt trust and confidence in His deliverance or in Him providing you with the grace to endure.

Take some time today and write down what it would look like for your soul to wait on God in your current situation. Pray about it before you do. Maybe you can pray during one of your break times. Or maybe you can jot down today’s key verse and meditate on it throughout your workday.

Also, consider your countenance. Will others be able to tell when you are afflicted or will they see someone who has something they do not?

Prayer: Lord, I want to exhibit heartfelt trust and confidence in You in the midst of affliction. May it be so today as I set about to glorify You.
Amen
wonderfull post