• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Heart Replacement

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? Jeremiah 17:9 NLT

You want to do the right thing. You know it’s a good idea. You plan to stick to your decision. Then? You don’t.

It’s not that you don’t love God. You do. It’s not that you don’t have good intentions. You try. It’s not that you don’t experience disappointment. It keeps you company.

New-life living is understanding that when all you do is rely on your own efforts, you’ll fail more often than succeed. The reason is simple—your heart can’t be trusted. You can’t understand why it does what it does. But you can let God change it.

Your inner deception will have to deal with God’s truth. Your tendency to manipulate will have to adjust to God’s plan. Your desire for self-preservation will need to make room for God’s mercy and love. Then He’ll want you to give His love to others—and He will always make sure you have enough.

You will need to become a man after god’s own heart. God wants to replace your deceptive heart with His own.

Prayer: Dear God, I don’t think I would even need Jeremiah 17:9 to tell me I have a deceptive heart. I’ve witnessed it more times than I want to admit. Give me Your heart, eyes, and mind so I can examine life, circumstances, and others from Your perspective. This is the change I need.