• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hearing........

I have had a recent tragedy that the Lord took total control of.......

He handled it. He healed my daughter.....

I pray all the time.....Many times per day....

I really struggle with hearing what God is telling me........

I am a sheep and he is my Shepard and I will always love and follow him but it is difficult for me to understand what he is saying..........

Lots of times it is obvious by His will but other times I struggle to know what to do....

I pray, pray , pray and sometimes I feel like I'm just not hearing.....

I had an awakening in 1984 that I knew was God waking me up.........No doubt...

I heard that and other bold events but everyday prayer and some events that I ask for advice I just don't feel like I hear him........

Loyal
@fes3
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

You must get into the Word of God and have it quickened [brought to Life] within you regularly. This is what you must learn to eat as often or more often than you eat meat and potatoes for your body of flesh.

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:3-5

Loyal

I am a sheep and he is my Shepard and I will always love and follow him but it is difficult for me to understand what he is saying..........

Lots of times it is obvious by His will but other times I struggle to know what to do....

I heard that and other bold events but everyday prayer and some events that I ask for advice I just don't feel like I hear him........
Hi Fes3,
Welcome to TJ !!
This helped me through some dry and unknown times.

What do you do when you don't know?
This matters Greatly.
Do we walk in Faith that says we trust God and continue in His ways
Or....
Do we question things and begin to Not walk with the confidence of His Word....

Blessings
W4F

Loyal
If we want to hear God, we need to listen when he speaks, and then we need to do what he says. See John 10:27-30

Active
Do you read your Bible? Sometimes it helps to write things down God brings to your mind while you reading. Then you will remember what He says.

Sometimes He calls us to do things that seem difficult but nothing is impossible for God. He will equip you and guide you.

Have you ever seen a real shepherd? Not a sheepdog barking or barbed wire fence controlling the sheep..thats for lazy hired farmers.

Real shepherds know and call their sheep by name, feed them, guard them and protect them. Stay close to your Shepherd...its Jesus calling YOU.

There are different ways in which the Holy Spirit speaks to you my brother but from what you've written, sounds to me you want him to speak to you directly, to your heart?

The Lord may speak to your heart yes, and if this is what you want then you have to ask him to speak with you. You may even have to get into a practice of making time to just listen. You can prayer, sing, but spend time too being still.
Don't forget, the Holy Spirit, speaks to you through the counsel of others, through scripture, through revelation, through dreams and visions, not only to your heart, so don't discount that he just might have been talking to you all along. He's God, and his ways are above ours, and he can talk to you through different mediums, but ask for discernment, to discern the things of God.
I pray for you to have a richer walk, and deeper and more intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
One of my Pastors was giving a testimony of his early days as he was seeking year after year to hear God's voice.

He said then one day he was sitting quiet thinking about nothing and he heard within him.

Go find out what I have Already said to you in My Word and if I want to say something else to you then I Will.

My Pastor said he saw his bible sitting across the end table and realized he had not even been ready as much as he had been crying out to God to hear His Voice.

He said it totally changed his life.
Just thought I would share this.
Blessings
W4F

Staff Member
@fes3

Greetings,

I hear what you are saying. If you get any 'answers' about hearing, let me know!
I have a couple of theories but nothing concrete. How about you?

Get back to us one day soon.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings,

...he was seeking year after year to hear God's voice.
... Go find out what I have Already said to you in My Word and if I want to say something else to you then I Will.

I've heard this one a few times and it's always a good reminder to not stray too far!

Bless you ....><>