• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Healthier food substitutions

I'm trying to eat healthier so I've been trying to learn more about what I'm eating, I found a lot of good websites and I found a huge list of better food alternatives since there are lots of food I can't give up!! Tried to copy and paste the list but didn't really work, so here's the link!

Hopefully it helps someone who has been trying to diet or just be healthier!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like most Americans, they have a soda with their meal, I would try drinking water.Not drinking soda saves you about 150 calories. It takes you about a mile of cardio to burn that fat. It has no sugar or calories and it is essential to your well-being. Stay away from fast food but if you try it, you should eat it in the day time so that your body can burn the fat. I also think you should work out for 20-30mins.(3 or 4 time a week) Do not eat excessively and stay away from sugar.

Some people like me have a hard time wanting to drink
water, and finding it good to taste, so I would also
suggest 100% juice. Orange juice, apple juice, grape,
cranberry cocktails are a few I love. But you must be
careful and read the sugar content. Get juice that
doesn't have added sugar, and is 100%. Light juices
are something I get because they don't put man-made
things in them. Organic is also something to look for.

'She' lol.
And fruits have some sugar in them naturally hence why some fruits taste sweeter than others. Juice also has antioxidants. If God made the fruit and the juice were completely organic, I dont see anything wrong with drinking it. Juice is just taking a thing made by God and drinking it in liquid form. Just have to watch out that it doesn't have added sugar.

100% juice.

Don't buy into that 100% juice stuff.... Made from concentrate... and so on.... It's not healthy...

There are no real Juices at the store... Well Walmart at least.. except orange juice which is naturally loaded with sugar and make you fat...

100% juice just means that the product contains real Juice... That is all it means... It is no indication that it's just pure pureed fruit... like you make at home.

If there were products that were 100% pure juice, (Nothing added) then they would have to be priced way higher than the rest of the juice, and they certainly would not taste as good as the competing product..

Your best bet is "NO JUICE"......(Except made at home) None.... stick with water.... What you buy was made to taste good, to be cheaply produced, and to compete with other products....

There are products that are super freeze dried juice and 100 % pure.... but you won't find them in the stores as they can't compete with price..... They are also not cheap.... as you will know by trying to buy enough apples to make enough juice to fill a jug up.... count the cost..

Jesus Is Lord.

Active
There's a reason why there are two types of juices 100% juice are juices where no natural flavors are being added. 100% Juice is telling the consumer no water is being added, no preservatives. 100% juice is just the fruit. Again you have to read the labels because anything could say 100% juice and still have more than juice in it.

The price is not going to vary no more than .50 to $1, somethings the same price. The fruits are being imported from South America and other parts of the world. They buy it in bulk for pennies. In the price you are paying for packaging, shipping and the brand name, the ingredient is one area. That's why you can find junk for the same price or more than the natural 100% juices.

Juice!!!!

Thank you Rizen1!!!!

If you must buy juice....at the store... ( I Recommend Water instead)

Welches Grape Juice.

This would be your best bet out of all of them....
It's not 100% juice, (In the Pure sense) as it is made from concentrate and filtered Water. It is also pasteurized, and I don't need to explain What that means...

Stay away from all V8 products!!! Ocean Spray.... and so on....

Welches has a high standard, but make sure to read the label as not all their products are (Added Sugar free or preservative free.)

**** Note, the preservative won't kill you, and it's to keep it from browning.

ORAC value:

This is an important thing to know when buying Juice... The vitamin count is not that important.

Welches Website:

(Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) measures the antioxidant activity or power of certain foods and beverages and is considered by many scientists to be the preferred method for measuring antioxidant power.<sup>1</sup> A higher ORAC score equals more antioxidant power and often means more plant nutrients (e.g. polyphenols).<sup>2</sup> With that said, it’s important to note that ORAC measures antioxidant power in a laboratory and does not test antioxidant activity or health effects within the body. For more information on the benefits of grape polyphenols
[/URL]

The Problem is that Welches does not give us the ORAC value.. ummm...

Why is ORAC important in a juice??

High level of Polyphenols (Antioxidants) Help the Inate immune system Destroy free radicals. This can reverse the aging process, destroy many types of disease, including cancer cells before they can effect the Body....

The University of Florida found that the Antioxidant power in the Acai Berry actually destroys Cancer cells..........

The Acai berry is an amazing fruit, but the problem is they perish and loose half of their potency after being picked within 24 hours... They are also very expensive to harvest fresh as they grow up in the tree's of Brazil.. Nothing beats it though....

****Note Acai Berry is nothing but a fruit with super high levels of Antioxidant's..... More than half of what Blue berries contain.. and far more than grapes... It does not promote weight loss, or do any of the other things people claim it does..

What is the best Juice with the Highest ORAC Value??
Organic?? (Not that I think that matters)
If you want to spend the money for Flash freeze dried. Then...

Xango:

Monavie:

Nothing on the Market beats these two... and has peer reviewed science to back it up, by respected journals.... and universities..

Monavie Won number one in food and beverage with the INC 500, and that is a amazing accomplishment.. (Out of 27 million companies)

Something no fruit juice has accomplished....

However........ Eat right..... drink water... get your servings of fruits and veggies.. and save your money...

Jesus Is Lord.

Active
Manufacturers call any liquid from a fruit or veggie juice. When a person bites into a ripe fruit their expression is the fruit is juicy. It's not telling people don't drink juices then promote a juice product. People need to find products that's good for them. Let the consumer make that choice themselves, give them the info and let them choose a product instead of promoting one. No one product is a miracle juice.

What are your personal reviews of this this Juice your promoting?

Last edited:
Thought I'd gladly share my new routine after years of fast food abuse - and tell of the mass damage done aft taking man-made artificial medications, which all appeared to 'work' at the time, sometimes quite effectively, but which ultimately proved to have destructive side effects!

Firstly, I took hormone Diane ED treatment for skin and hair problems when I was 21 - only to get the side effect of a blood clot and a resulting mild yet permanent speech impediment!

Then a couple of years later (after taking the 'Flu injection 4 years in a row) as soon as I stopped taking my yearly jab, on taking overseas travel I came home with Influenza A, pneumonia, and a perforated eardrum - and have had health problems every year since!

Lastly, I've been using anxiety medication Propanalol for occasions when I might get upset, nervous etc. -only to find out that my hair falls out one week after I take it, and that I get digestive disorders from it also.

This last week I've thrown out all such medications, and recently I have read The Maker's Diet and The Coconut Diet.

As such, I have now done an about turn, and begun a more highly natural diet, focusing on the healing benefits of virgin coconut oil. I've also turned to natural medicine, namely Viral-Ex which is based completely on a natural plant/herb.

Would you believe it these two God creations are the only things that are healing my illnesses e.g. the 'flu and thyroid imbalance. Both 100% made by God! Nothing else has worked. God's healing foods are superior to anything I've tried.

Last edited:
Juice

What are your personal reviews of this this Juice your promoting?
I think it's important for Christians to look out after each other... and should be able to trust each other..

I picked Welches because no other juice on the store shelves appear to adhere to their standards... Also they inform the public about the importance of ORAC value....

I picked Monavie (Exotic juice??) simply because in the MLM business no other company touches them... and Monavie has the science and numbers to back that... being number one I.N.C 500...Should be impressive enough out of 27 million companies... Rodney Howard brown also endorses Monavie, and I think He is a awesome man of God..... Monavie is a Christian company, and C.E.O Dallen Larson is not ashamed to tell you that tithing, Living for God, and giving back to others is what blessed Monavie... He said it was God that gets the credit, not his smart business practices.

I don't follow Rodney, but have nothing negative about his Ministry...I know several here do follow his ministry and thought to mention him. We should trust in each other....

All the rest of the products out there simply don't have the science, and sales numbers to take very seriously.... and I think Christians should be given a starting point at least to check into for themselves..

Would you believe it these two God creations are the only things that are healing my illnesses e.g. the 'flu and thyroid imbalance. Both 100% made by God! Nothing else has worked. God's healing foods are superior to anything I've tried.
Amazing!!!! Oddly enough when Monavie launched there were and still are many testimonies of cancer being cured, and all sorts of things... Well, you can't put that up on your business web site as Monavie found out..... because nothing in their product has been shown to cure anything... "Except ACAI" which has proven to kill cancer cells "Gainsville University of Flordia" Kill...... NOT CURE>>>
Coconut oil is also being studied.... Pure, natural....

God designed us in marvelous ways!!! and eating and putting into our bodies what He designed us to will stop, prevent, and cure many things... 100,000 people die a year taking drugs that were suppose to help them.

These Testimonies from Monavie are just because the body gets what it has needed all along.... FRUIT GOD CREATED!!!!!!.... Healthy, High powered, real food.... something the drug companies do not want us to know...

Jesus Is Lord.

I eat a bunch of fruit during the day, then salad (little amounts of dressing) and some meat for dinner. I just try to stay away from salt and sugar. I can feel a major difference in the way i feel if i go eat out somewhere and dont stick to my routine. I lost some weight but feel so much better on this diet, much more energy.

Active
I can find you a list of mlm exotic juices whether it be noni juice of acai juice. Someone came to my brother with one of these and I straight up told him " don't even think about it"

Every health freak I know would opt out from buying a bottle of juice for $37-50 when they can get a selection of organic fruit they can eat raw for that price. Those who do not know much about nutrition would buy because they are hearing the sales pitch that it cures. These companies are not FDA approved, if they were they fail to follow a simple law that is no supplement product can claim a cure. FDA loves science and therefore if their reports are real science reviews the FDA should in all fairness approve them.

Fruits that builds the immune system are beneficial and would help the body promote new cells. Fruits you can buy for that same $37-$50 and eat raw undiluted without natural flavors and preservatives. I've never read or saw over the news of anyone being cured from cancer. I'm sure I'll find it on their website or sales person site.
Allowing people to make their choice and telling them what to buy do not go hand in hand.

I only ask that question because it was beginning to look like your soliciting.

Again It seems my warnings are falling on deaf ears, please do not post links until you review the forum rules.

3. No links (web addresses of any kind) unless you meet 2 requirements
- 50 posts minimum in the forums
- request Chad's permission via private message

Please stop conducting business on this site. The company being own or run by a christian means nothing. You are free to make your money I will not tell you it's bad or no good, but you have to stop promoting it.

10. No soliciting anywhere on the site.
Any post that leads members into getting a referral or potential customer based on a post made.

Last edited:
Promotion..

Please stop conducting business on this site. The company being own or run by a christian means nothing. You are free to make your money I will not tell you it's bad or no good, but you have to stop promoting it.

I posted on the other thread.... Your wrong......All MLM business require a sign up under the person sponsoring the product.. That requires a direct link to that person, and not web sites for information.
It also requires someone to be active and part of the company.. You just can't decide to promote amway, Mary K or any MLM without signing up with them and being active...

I tried Amway years ago.... and it just did not work.... You can get Monavie through the web site, and it does not benefit me at all...

I was overweight at one time, High blood sugar, .......and did lots of research on ACAI, Scams, and many, many products that were good or bad for you...Monavie got my interest because they became a INC 500 company.... something very hard to do..... That is why I researched it.... and compared it to all the other Health products in MLM and out of MLM and I posted my findings.... If that is wrong... then sorry.... I'll stay out of your threads....

Mike...

people seem to think that switching to raw fruits and veggies is expensive but i saved money by switching. just buy in bulk.