• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

He showed me i understood!!

I have recently just finished a new members coarse at the church i attend and i am now doing a short bible study. Throughout the study i have found that my knowledge has increased without even realising it until today.

Normally i wouldn't be able to take in what was being said as a result of myself having to re-read even one line more than 3 or four times. By the time i would go to take in what the second line had said i would forget the first. And it goes on. But today i sat myself down at my computer and read just one verse. A simple verse that spoke to me in a way i hadn't had happen to me before. The verse is:

psalm 62:6

And from just reading it i would like to share what i got from this.

Psa 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my high tower; I shall not be moved.

By this alone we see that our Lord is our rock. A rock being a solid foundation on which we should rise and build as the wise man did. The wise man built his house upon the rock and it stood firm no matter what came against it. He was wise enough to know that he had to build on a foundation strong enough to withstand anything. He was successful only because he heard the words of the Lord with his ears but also his heart.

He is my salvation. Jesus came to earth to die than we might live. It is through Him that i have my salvation and am able to reach the kingdom of heaven and live eternally with my Father. He has saved me from eternal damnation.

He is my high tower. He is my fortress, my guard, my security. He takes us under his wing and keeps us safe from anything trying to come our way and attack us. He is my Father.

At the end of this verse it says i shall not be moved. These are such solid words in themselves. I SHALL NOT BE MOVED. Say that to satan in the name of Jesus and he will have to flee. I shall not be moved from the rock on which my feet are held firm.

One verse with so much meaning. Nothing can come between you and God if you don't let it in.

A boat may be hit with as much water but it cannot sink unless the water gets in. If water enters the boat then no matter how hard one tried, that boat will sink. It has let the one thing in that a boat cannot hold against.

Same with us! If we stand firm and dont let sin in then we wont even think about sinning. But once that sin comes in, no matter how 'we' try we wont be able to get rid of it. In steps God. Only he can remove all sin from us and protect us against evil.

No weapon formed against me shall prosper Isaiah 54:17

I found myself amazed and humbled by the answer to my prayers. I had been praying for a long time that i would gain knowledge and wisdom from his word. I couldn't understand why i wasn't understanding anything to find out that i actually was. More than i had known.

With regards to the wise man, that is what i learned in bible study. Not the verse in psalms. The verse in psalms was one i had come across on a hymn sheet with the hymn 'I shall not be moved'.

They both came together to give me an understanding of what psalms was talking about and what my bible study had been about.

I thank God that he has given me an understanding of his word and that i now know i truly am blessed with understanding and knowledge of his word that i thought would be impossible.

I am hoping with what i have shared here and the little study i did helps at least someone out there to know that no matter how we might think we dont ever seem to understand, we actually do. You will find it at the most unexpected time.

Our God truly is a God of love.

Lesley! :love:

lesley205 said:
Normally i wouldn't be able to take in what was being said as a result of myself having to re-read even one line more than 3 or four times. By the time i would go to take in what the second line had said i would forget the first. And it goes on. But today i sat myself down at my computer and read just one verse. A simple verse that spoke to me in a way i hadn't had happen to me before.

I found myself amazed and humbled by the answer to my prayers. I had been praying for a long time that i would gain knowledge and wisdom from his word. I couldn't understand why i wasn't understanding anything to find out that i actually was. More than i had known.
Our God truly is a God of love.
Lesley! :love:

Thank you Lesley205, this is really encouraging . I have difficulty in retaining information. I have to read and re-read, it takes a long time to remember one scripture and be able to pull it from my mind and then the comprehension of things aswell.
I have asked God to help me with this. I really want to understand and gain knowledge and wisdom and my memory to be sharper . Your post is so encouraging, and a reminder that I need to keep praying.

:love: calluna