• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

He Knows Your Thoughts

Staff Member
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Professor Charles Xavier (also known as Professor X) is a Marvel Comics character who has amazing superpowers: he can read and control the minds of people around him. Imagine the advantages in the superhero world of being able to read minds!

Of course, it’s humanly impossible to know exactly what another person is thinking, and honestly, being able to read others’ minds would probably create far more problems than it would solve. But there is One who knows your every thought. King David wrote of God, “You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar” (Psalm 139:2).

That’s an example of the proverbial two-edged sword, isn’t it? On the one hand, you can be grateful that God knows everything about you, even your thoughts, and still loves you anyway. On the other hand, you probably have moments (no doubt lots of them) when you’d prefer that God didn’t know about your ugly, angry, lustful, or doubting thoughts.

Knowing that He’s aware of every thought you think is at once a cause for gratitude for His unconditional love for His people and also great motivation for you to heed the Bible’s admonition to “guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it” (Proverbs 4:23).

Active
How important are our thoughts as a believer in Jesus Christ? Consider the reason why God judged the world with a global flood.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

God confirmed this again after the flood for the reason He had judged mankind.

Genesis 8:21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Reads to me that God acknowledges that this will be a continual problem for mankind, but we have hope in Jesus Christ.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. .....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds, 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Active
Of course, it’s humanly impossible to know exactly what another person is thinking, and honestly, being able to read others’ minds would probably create far more problems than it would solve..
Technology is available for having access to people's thoughts.

Device That Can Read Thoughts

Experiences in my life strongly suggest that this technology was available long before the media announcement of it.

At several times in my life, people had said some things that led me to believe I was bugged or something. Then one time I was driving to work at Wal-Mart as an overnight stocker when I had to stop because a mother deer was crossing the road with 2 fawns. No one was around me on the road and a thought entered into my head to run over the 2 fawns. It was hardly a temptation... like I am looking to increase my car insurance, and so I easily dismiss the stupid thought. When I had arrived at work and was on the clock in my paper goods department, a fellow associate was leaving from her shift and doing some grocery shopping. She was talking to someone on the phone and then she came over and yelled at me for trying to run over the 2 fawns. Then she listened for a bit, not looking at me, and walked away, still talking on the phone. I admit. I was dumbfounded. It was finally donning on me that people had access to my thoughts. It fits why people were behaving the way that they were as my thoughts were juvenile and mocking and inflammatory. Granted, I did not act on those thoughts nor spoke those thoughts to other people, but that must be what had happened for someone else that had access to my thoughts to sow discord with those people to hurt their feelings and stuff for them to be mad at me or riled up at the very least.

The absurdity of this perception is how I have been ignoring this obvious conclusion for quite some time, but enough is enough. People and Christians are doing to me what they would not want any one to do to them. I get unbidden thoughts and sometimes evil thoughts out of the blue, but Jesus Christ is in me to put it down. I get judged by these thoughts while some have added lies to my thoughts in sowing discord, but yet they all must seem to think it is justified in playing mind games with me, defraud me, and sowing discord however they can while they refuse to accuse me to my face. I get judged a lot behind my back and they say things regarding me as if I am deaf when I am not.

Basically, you have to live through what I have gone through for you or any one to understand what I am perceiving as people handing out APPS to other people as the device must be texting my thoughts to them per their I-phones or something.

You know the old saying... once you say it, you can't take it back. Well, I don't see how any one can keep juvenile or wicked thoughts from coming into your head when the scripture pretty much puts casting down wicked imagination and thinking on good things as an ongoing daily task to do with Him.

Those who judge me by my thoughts as if their minds do not get assailed in the same way are going to find that by His words, judging me by that standard, they will be judged by the Lord because they chose that standard to judge me by. And even if I was the least of all the brethren, they have to remember that whatever they do, they are doing it to Him; they are not correcting me.. lifting my sights higher, nor doing anything in the ministerial outreach capacity, but acting like a bunch of Pharisees looking for fault to condemn all the while doing something to me by the very means they would not want anyone to judge them by.

It is convenient witch hunting sport where no one seems to care for my soul; especially when at times, I was sowing to the flesh. It reminds me of what the Psalmist has gone through at times for why I take comfort in the Psalms 37 & others.

It would be way too much for me if Jesus wasn't in me and with me always. I had prophetic dreams about this back when I was a tot and in high school about girls watching me from a hidden spot; at a level of power I cannot escape from. Never would I have imagine that to be having access to my thoughts until that incident at Wal-Mart and even then, it had to sink in what that impossible thing meant.

So Jesus is Lord as crazy as my life has become. I thank Him for helping me to trust Him to walk me through this valley of death, but the prophesy regarding the watchers did not come true until high school and I knew it not until like starting to recognize some of my dreams being prophetic in 1994 and then I think around 2006 or so when it became obvious they had access to my thoughts; and then the prophetic dreams was fully realized then.

It was then I made complaints to my "invisible audience" about the use of said devices when they could use them for good like enabling someone to speak, monitoring autism to see what gets their attention to utilize that for getting them to respond more to people, or for monitoring people in coma to see if they really are brain dead, or for myself, I wish I could record my dreams and watch them. But no. They use it at my expense and to create mischief and discord.

I suspect I shall be victimized by identity theft soon enough, unless the Lord prevents it, but either way, He has been taking care of me, and is taking care of me, and will continue to do so until He brings me Home. The Lord is my refuge.

No amount of drugs from some psyche doctor is going to change the reality of people having fun at my expense. Like Baruch, I am not to seek a life for myself and they are the cause of it for why I am no longer working any more.

Active
I came across a Catholic saying ( I am not Catholic BTW ) that the devil cannot read your thoughts, but he can put thoughts into your head. Now if mankind can read your thoughts, how far behind is the devil with his mischief?

Even if being victimized for what I am going through, believers can look to Jesus Christ as I am in putting down wicked thoughts, or even to stop "playing" with juvenile thoughts and think on good things or something else, at least.

The battle each day begins with our thoughts and where our heart directs our eyes to go, but Jesus never condemned a person that look at a woman, but condemn those that look & lust after the women.

Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

I ought to know if I am looking at someone to lust after her or not in wanting to have sex with that person. It is no doubt that I am being picked on because I did not and still do not want to have sex before marriage. It does not mean I was better or am better than the fornicators because I needed the Lord's help to overcome uncleanness, wicked imaginations in fantasizing which I could definitely say comic books was the influence, and after that like after Wal-Mart, escapism in fictional writing to idolizing some fantasy girl.

How did it start? The devil's thought probably saying like, "if it is in your head, it doesn't count" and "you are not really doing anything in your mind against a real person." I believe that was the temptation in my youth. Comic picture was more of a temptation rather than real life people, because real life people are real.

I do wish the Lord had not sent me back to the land of the living when I was almost strangled in a freak accident by my own bedsheets when I was a tot. I remembered what it was like to be with the Lord in Heaven and it is good. Aftet He had shown me in the book of what I was to do if I should go back, I was grieved by the adults sins I would commit. So as I was formulating the thought not to go back because I did not want to be separated from the Lord, my folks and family members and others behind them were screaming in seemingly more grief than I was in for me to come back which grieved me even more because I loved them and they seem to need me; Then Jesus said "I'll see what I can do."

Looking over my life, I have nothing to boast about seeing all that mess the Lord got me out of, and although persecuted by hypocritical mockers , He is Lord and He will continue to help me to abide in Him as I trust Him to keep me from my sins. So I know it is important to know what I am looking at.. like television or movies as in why I am looking at it for.. entertainment or sowing to the flesh. The same goes for my thoughts; what is it for as I trust the Lord to let me know what to stop.

Staff Member
@JesusIs4Me
It can be an interesting subject to say the least Brother.
That is why the desire to have a purity of thought is something I long for.
I can understand the intrusive thoughts, which I don't necessarily attribute as most do to being ones own. We know there are powers & principalities which we know little about. Not for me to know yet or something in truth I am not desirous to know of in depth, or move in except in prayer and going before the throne of our Lord & Savior in supplication. We also know that our Lord was able to know the thoughts and even what was upon the hearts of those He communicated with. The reality of this subject should be of no surprise to us.

However, to know that they are, and that in Christ Jesus, with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit I can set aside fears that would abound if not for Him. I take a comfort as the future continues to unfold before the world, that I will not be forsaken. How those who do not know the Lord manage amazes me at times, until I realize that it is only by not actually seeing the reality that is, or attempting to control the events that are a downward spiral to a worldly/individual accountability leaves me saddened and moved to offer the only Hope there is in Christ Jesus when I can.

Thank-you for sharing not only your words, but the experiences you have and are going through. You have honored me and I hope others realize this as well when they read your words.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
@JesusIs4Me
It can be an interesting subject to say the least Brother.
That is why the desire to have a purity of thought is something I long for.
I can understand the intrusive thoughts, which I don't necessarily attribute as most do to being ones own. We know there are powers & principalities which we know little about. Not for me to know yet or something in truth I am not desirous to know of in depth, or move in except in prayer and going before the throne of our Lord & Savior in supplication. We also know that our Lord was able to know the thoughts and even what was upon the hearts of those He communicated with. The reality of this subject should be of no surprise to us.

However, to know that they are, and that in Christ Jesus, with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit I can set aside fears that would abound if not for Him. I take a comfort as the future continues to unfold before the world, that I will not be forsaken. How those who do not know the Lord manage amazes me at times, until I realize that it is only by not actually seeing the reality that is, or attempting to control the events that are a downward spiral to a worldly/individual accountability leaves me saddened and moved to offer the only Hope there is in Christ Jesus when I can.

Thank-you for sharing not only your words, but the experiences you have and are going through. You have honored me and I hope others realize this as well when they read your words.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
I wish discipleship of trusting Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd to help me to follow Him as well as knowing what sinful practices that can risk my being received by Him when the Bridegroom comes was taught to me like in jr high school. I really think discipleship should start before high school; maybe even elementary. Since it is on God to cause the increase... why not? The world, the media, unbelieving children, unbelieving adults, school, carnal christian children, carnal christian adults and neighbors and relatives from varying influences are going to have impact on our children and our youth. Why tip toe around topics in church and Sunday school classes when they are hitting puberty?

If we were in a foreign country being persecuted openly for preaching the gospel or for even helping the poor, we would have our guards up. But in America, we are really more at risk because many believers and churches let their guards down.

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Think the devil takes a break on children? The devil did no such thing with me. Discipleship should start sooner so children can put on the armor of God too in a world where the pride of life, the lust of the eye, and the lust of the flesh is the world we live in for which we need to be aware of so as to not run the way the world runs.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. 6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. 7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Of course, if a child is in a church that shares social values in compromising the word of God with accepting a sinful lifestyle as acceptable or tolerated to bring in unrepentant sinners/believers into the congregation to increase members and tithes, then the Lord Jesus Christ will have to do for that child that seeks Him as He did and is doing for me. It does seem I have more confidence in Him on a one on one basis than Him using a church for discipleship in these latter days.